Hey guys, I'm a furry

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Returning to the dogging thing briefly: you know how that episode of CSI portrayed furries, and all the furries got their noses out of joint? That's pretty much how British media (media generally, not specifically the news media) portray doggers. To their credit, doggers don't moan about it on the internet (AFAIK).

chocolate pickles

Apr 14, 2011
The mods removed the Wild West, so the Wild West just infiltrated other parts of the forums? I'm highly doubtful this was the right decision.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
chocolate pickles said:
The mods removed the Wild West, so the Wild West just infiltrated other parts of the forums? I'm highly doubtful this was the right decision.
Infiltrate isn't really the right word - this isn't the leaching of WW content to another forum, its a child that's been sent to bed stamping on every single step of the stairs on the way there, just to make sure you know how really really ineffectually angry they are.

Oct 22, 2011
Hi OP, i'm not a furry, and i wanted to ask a question:

What's with the the color schemes of so many fursonas? Why instead going for more natural colors, so many of them use hot pink, lime green etc. and combinations of thereof. (Not thinking about yours in particular, mind you, just of those many more eye-gouging out there.)

Sep 28, 2016
Furry but not fursona. Are furries all young people? We never see an old furry. Can a Manatee be a furry when it has no fur or is called something else like a blubby or skinny?

Arnoxthe1 said:
Maybe so, but I still stand by my point that people are being way too sensitive. Trolls feed off of attention, and it seems no matter where I go, nobody even tries to learn this basic rule of the internet. And because nobody wants to learn that on the internet, attention is power, we have to enact grade-school rules for name-calling and that the mods have to babysit everybody.
You arent thinking it through that much. How many people have successfully been ignoring these "trolls" that you would never know about because, holy scragglebags Sally, they don't say anything?

Wintermute_v1legacy

Mar 16, 2012
I blame the internet and anime for this degeneracy.

Seriously though, I think furries look creepy with those costumes. It's like nightmare fuel. Kinda makes me wanna watch a horror movie with furries though.

dscross

Elite Member
Legacy
May 14, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
so....what is the appeal for you of the furry sub-culture? Not trying to be disrespectful or anything, just curious.

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
Wintermute said:
I think furries look creepy with those costumes. It's like nightmare fuel. Kinda makes me wanna watch a horror movie with furries though.
Like a couple of nights at Freddy's?

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Marik2 said:
Basement Cat said:
Arnoxthe1 said:
Check out my fursona.

I also love femboys and trans people. I think they're awesome.
This isn't WW. Add something to talk about...a topic, y'know. A specific something for discussion. Otherwise it'll get locked.
See, this is why I want the wild west back.

:(
This is why it's good it's gone.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
Souplex said:
Marik2 said:
Basement Cat said:
Arnoxthe1 said:
Check out my fursona.

This isn't WW. Add something to talk about...a topic, y'know. A specific something for discussion. Otherwise it'll get locked.

It's not really gone if they just push all the WW garbage into off topic though

PointlessKnowledge

It Can Wait Til Morning
Legacy
Sep 8, 2014
Country
Canada
Just curious, do you own a fursuit?

The only other furry I know does, so I'm curious about how common it is for people to own them in the furry community.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Squilookle said:
Souplex said:
Marik2 said:
Basement Cat said:
Arnoxthe1 said:
Check out my fursona.

It's not really gone if they just push all the WW garbage into off topic though
Did you miss the part where the mods smacked Arny on the nose with a rolled up newspaper and told him to have discussion value, and he edited his post to have more?
That's already better than the Wild West

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Majestic Manatee said:
Furry but not fursona. Are furries all young people? We never see an old furry. Can a Manatee be a furry when it has no fur or is called something else like a blubby or skinny?
Asking the real questions there. What if you identify with an animal that has no fur, or parhaps hair of any kind, like most non-mammals? Are you still a furry if your anthropomorphised persona is a fish or bird?

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Chimpzy said:
Majestic Manatee said:
Asking the real questions there. What if you identify with an animal that has no fur, or parhaps hair of any kind, like most non-mammals? Are you still a furry if your anthropomorphised persona is a fish or bird?
Term is "scaly"... or so I have heard.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Chimpzy said:
Majestic Manatee said:
From what I understand its still all furry stuff, like how if you like the hippogriffs in MLP, you're still a brony even its bro and pony combined.
So too with furries, although I think there are words like scalies [http://en.wikifur.com/wiki/Scalie]

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
MrCalavera said:
Why instead going for more natural colors, so many of them use hot pink, lime green etc. and combinations of thereof. (Not thinking about yours in particular, mind you, just of those many more eye-gouging out there.)
Because why not? It's ultimately fantasy escapism anyways, until gene splicing tech is advanced enough to actually turn people into furries.

Anime, and even western animation, have lurid hair colors all the time, just cuz they can.