Hey, You Got Your Gears of War in my Lost Planet 2!

Chris^^

Mar 11, 2009
PayJ567 said:
Cameos? Whats next nathan drake in fudging gta? Soap in modnation racers? Masterchief in GTA?
MC in GTA would be kickass, just to say =P

Brnin8

Jul 17, 2009
MurderousToaster said:
I don't really care, given that LP2 is based around a bunch of faceless characters. They're probably unlockable player models or something.
This or possibly DLC

PhiMed

Nov 26, 2008
http://video.adultswim.com/robot-chicken/michael-bay-presents-explosions.html

Pretty much sums up my thoughts on this trailer.

hittite

Nov 9, 2009
fix-the-spade said:
Got to love Capcom and their addiction to crossovers.

Gaming needs more crossovers, especially ones that make no sense (like a squad of ODST's dropping into the middle of Modern warfare 3 for no good reason).
I would play that. That would be f-in' sweet.

The Bandit

Feb 5, 2008
Scrythe said:
Worst Tuesday ever.

Not only do I just find out that Zero is only playable in the Wii version of Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, but now I've completely lost interest in Lost Planet 2. I fucking hate Gears of War with an unburning passion.

In just a few years, Epic went from my all-time favorite game company to my all time most hated (right next to Bungie and Bioware) in a downward spiral.
You must stem from the "I hate anything and everything popular" school of thought.

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
I can't understand the people getting so angry about this; it's pretty obvious that they're just going to be alternate characters for the multiplayer.

Both Marcus Fenix and Dominic Santiago made an appearance in the trailer. Word is they will be exclusive downloadable characters for the Xbox 360 version of the game, and they won't play any role in the story mode.
It's pretty much stated there, they're not going to have any real presence in the story.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
The Bandit said:
Scrythe said:
Worst Tuesday ever.

Not only do I just find out that Zero is only playable in the Wii version of Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, but now I've completely lost interest in Lost Planet 2. I fucking hate Gears of War with an unburning passion.

In just a few years, Epic went from my all-time favorite game company to my all time most hated (right next to Bungie and Bioware) in a downward spiral.
You must stem from the "I hate anything and everything popular" school of thought.
Close. I'm from the "Epic should have focused on UT3, instead of giving us the leftovers" train of thought. Nice try, though.

sunpop

Oct 23, 2008
MurderousToaster said:
I don't really care, given that LP2 is based around a bunch of faceless characters. They're probably unlockable player models or something.
Based around faceless characters that have more personality than those unmasked gears characters.

MurderousToaster

Aug 9, 2008
sunpop said:
MurderousToaster said:
Based around faceless characters that have more personality than those unmasked gears characters.
You DO realise that on the Escapist, you're not really supposed to post stuff so directly inflammatory?

StigmataDiaboli

May 18, 2009
Aw sweet! It's things like this that show developers do have a sense of humour when they get drunk at award shows and conventions.

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
So this is the hyped-up cross-over? A couple of downloadable multiplayer skins for a sequel to an excruciatingly mediocre shooter? I was hoping for something different, y'know, something actually interesting.

Mar 26, 2008
Well... that was odd.

Cool trailer though. I especially liked the inclusion of the roadie run and Marcus and Dom walking away at the end looking like they were thinkinng "bunch of amateurs"

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Doug said:
Also, how's it lost? THERE STANDING ON IT!
Because they lost the planet to the Akrid. Its not a "I've lost it, i can't find it" kind of lost. Its a "I've lost it, i don't have it anymore".

Think of it as the phrase of "I lost my virginity". You lost it, but you know where it is.

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
I played some of the first Lost Planet. It had a lot of teenagers saving the world when no one else could. Now they've added 2 of Yahtzee's favorite (/sarcasm) characters to it.
Ya, I can see how this will end up...