Hi-Fi Rush - Rollin' Over the Melody, Rockin' Over the Beat!

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
This title is a master class 6th generation game made for the modern age. We have game that combines Devil May Cry, Jet Set Radio, Metal Gear Rising/Bayonetta (parrying works like it did in those games, w/direction parrying being an upgrade), Guitaroo Man, and Viewtiful Joe. You've already outdone yourselves, Tango!

Oh, and congrats Microsoft...You finally have 1 worthwhile exclusive, no thanks to you.

Bonus points to whoever figures out where that line comes from in my title.

Last edited:

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
It's great! Quite a departure for the studio that made the Evil Within games and Ghostwire Tokyo but they nailed it. I was never good at rythm games, and I'm not having an easy time with the game, but when you really get into the flow of it it feels incredible.

I'm also a big fan of the presentation and the character designs. Some of the bosses look like they're right out of a No More Heroes game. It all feels like a cross between Scott Pilgrim, Jet Set Radio and Bill and Ted. This game came right out of nowhere and will probably end up being one of the best games of the year.

Reactions: BrawlMan

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
This game is a master class 6th generation game, made for the modern age. We have game that combines Devil May Cry, Jet Set Radio, Metal Gear Rising/Bayonetta (parrying works like it did in those games, w/direction parrying being an upgrade), Guitaroo Man, and Viewtiful Joe. You've already outdone yourselves, Tango!

Oh, and congrats Microsoft...You finally have 1 worthwhile exclusive, no thanks to you.

Bonus points to whoever figures out where that line comes from in my title.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I'm also a big fan of the presentation and the character designs. Some of the bosses look like they're right out of a No More Heroes game. It all feels like a cross between Scott Pilgrim, Jet Set Radio and Bill and Ted. This game came right out of nowhere and will probably end up being one of the best games of the year.
I noticed too. Though I feel this a better Scott Pilgrim game, than the official game. HF reminds me of FLCL too. Now imagine if she were in the game...

One source of craziness is enough.

Glad to see another Technotronic fan.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
Finally got my hands on this one after a check cleared, and... don't have a lot to say about it, but it's good. Only done the first level so far, but I had a great time with it, and I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes. Hopefully without too many spoilers, so I'm sure you'll forgive me if I don't watch all these videos you've painstakingly accumulated for us.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Finally got my hands on this one after a check cleared, and... don't have a lot to say about it, but it's good. Only done the first level so far, but I had a great time with it, and I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes. Hopefully without too many spoilers, so I'm sure you'll forgive me if I don't watch all these videos you've painstakingly accumulated for us.
No worries. I've only mostly posted the videos where it's early in the game. The exception is Serpahim17's videos, but he doesn't get into spoilers too much. I still don't recommend looking at them, if you want to keep yourself surprised. Look at them after a complete playthrough, or you need help with a boss or section. My brother and I left off at stage 4, and neither of us has touched game, because we're busy.

wings012

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 7, 2011
Country
Malaysia
If they had announced this sooner I might have held onto my Gamepass, but I unsubscribed cause I wasn't playing anything. I think I might wait for Atomic Heart to come out then resub to play this and that.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
If they had announced this sooner I might have held onto my Gamepass, but I unsubscribed cause I wasn't playing anything. I think I might wait for Atomic Heart to come out then resub to play this and that.
Considering how long it's taking for a Atomic Heart to come out, you either might want to resubscribe for Game Pass or just drop down the $30. By the time it comes out, HF might not be on Game Pass anymore.