Hidden Zombie Teaser Buried in Spike VGA Commercial

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Hidden Zombie Teaser Buried in Spike VGA Commercial

Spike TV's VGA announcements are getting even more crowded, with a zombie teaser now discovered in a commercial.

In addition to reveals of a PlayStation 3 exclusive [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/105366-Get-a-Glimpse-at-BioWares-New-Project], it looks like we now have a zombie announcement coming at the Spike TV Video Game Awards on December 11. In Spike's commercial that highlighted the BioWare tease is some hidden imagery hinting towards a zombie reveal.

A frame was caught around 20 seconds into the commercial that certainly seems to point to one, anyway. The image, which appears to be a poster that the government might post up during zombie outbreak, shows the silhouettes of two characters that look like they can shamble with the best of them covered by a red "No" symbol. The poster has the message: "Infected? Report it!"

In the upper left corner the words "For the" are written followed by something unreadable. In the lower right we see an upside down "1 of 3." A QR code that flashes right before the image links to a Spike TV website [http://m.spike.com/lookcloser.rbml;jsessionid=ak6FDxnDza625GR77az15w**] that features the messages "Look Closer" and "Murder." What does it all mean?

Judging by the image's bullet holes, it's possibly teasing a shooter, or at least a game that involves bullets. One of the most popular zombie shooters around is Left 4 Dead [http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002BRZ852/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_2?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000QY9C90&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=03W3425M4M0MXY8HC8WD], so it could have something to do with the Valve franchise. There's always the possibility that this could be a brand new zombie game, but boy, the market's getting crowded lately. All I know is, all of these Spike TV teasers are really wearing me out. Will December 11 just get here already?

Source: Game Informer [http://gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2010/11/20/new-zombie-game-being-revealed-at-vga-s.aspx]

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
I hope it's not another L4D. All the Valve fanboys' heads will explode with rage.

I want a new zombie game, I'll see what it's all about at the VGA's I guess.

mad825

Mar 28, 2010

perhaps it's Half-Life 2 Episode 3?

...Yes that's right, I said it.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
VanityGirl said:
I hope it's not another L4D. All the Valve fanboys' heads will explode with rage.

I don't know, I kinda want to see another completely overblown reaction and boycott attempt. For some reason, it amuses me.

As for my opinion on the game, after playing Undead Nightmare for RDR, I kinda want to see a fully realized open world zombie game. I think UN proved that it'd work.

Taxman1

Sep 14, 2009
Maybe their just messing with us for cheap giggles. I can imagine them doing something like that.

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
RatRace123 said:
I don't know, I kinda want to see another completely overblown reaction and boycott attempt. For some reason, it amuses me.
Ugh! I don't know if really want to see the forums flooded with "OMG Valve r teh sukz!" again.
-_-"

RobCoxxy

Feb 22, 2009
I wouldn't mind a Left 4 Dead 3 as long as it was long. And had my ol' buddy Louis.

Or was set in Britain.

Saucycarpdog

Sep 30, 2009
RatRace123 said:
VanityGirl said:

As for my opinion on the game, after playing Undead Nightmare for RDR, I kinda want to see a fully realized open world zombie game. I think UN proved that it'd work.
Don't worry. Undead labs has got you covered on that one. ;)

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
I'm still calling Mass Effect 3.

...but now I'm expecting it to be bloody amazing before I consider giving it a chance. I'm kinda sick of the whole zombie craze.

Zayren

Dec 5, 2008
It's probably more info about the zombie MMO that some people from Arena Net went to work on. Because that's seriously the only thing I know about that game.

ExplosionProofTaco

Nov 13, 2008
This is how the full trailer will play out:

*Helicopter shot of Abandoned City filled with Zombies*
*Zooms in to zombie herd*
*Genericly gruff narrator says 'It started with one case in Algeria. Then 10 in Egypt. 100 in France and now 1,000,000 in Detroit.. We are surrounded with Zombies WHICH HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS GAME! *insert Shitty Casual Hipster Game name here* available on Apple Iphone, PS Three and Ecks Bawks 360.

Or it's probably another shitty Zombie game.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
No more Left 4 Dead. Yes, I am going to be one of "those people" who will be very upset if there's another L4D before even a HINT about Episode 3.

What I want this to be is a full-blown Nazi Zombie game. Storyline and all, not just a fun little side game. Who am I kidding? That will never happen...