Hideo Kojima a "Huge Fan" of Twilight, Judging Fan Art Contest

rynocerator

Aug 10, 2009
What's with all the bashing of Kojima just because he likes a book series? That's kinda messed up.

kannibus

Sep 21, 2009
You know, the plot for Twilight would fit right into the Metal Gear series it's already confusingly impossible to follow after all.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
tea and crumpets *monocle falls out*, the writer of an badly written confusing story enjoys another badly written confusing story, my word.

i love how gamers can accept MGS incredibly insane story (and allot of other insane stories from games) but vampires that sparkle? RAAAAAGE!!

Feb 13, 2008
Pirce said:
That's giving it too much credit. It's crappy fanfiction for those crazy girls who like to base their lives around shipping characters.
Were that it was only that.
Now it's crappy multimedia etc. etc. etc. not forgetting the atrocious purple prose, staggering display of ignorance of geography and biology, and the overall creepiness that you're reading the thoughts of an aged woman pretending to be beaten as a teenager by a dead body.

Before you get to the entire Venom sperm, spine breaking Caesarian, PotC romance swaps and hissy fits thrown over the movie.

Oh, and I loathe MGS as well. Bring on the flames.

Johnn Johnston said:
MaxTheReaper said:
I'm a huge fan, too.

Those books are the best comedy of our generation, hands down.
Anyone who disagrees sparkles.
Amen to that. Boy, I sure hope there isn't anybody who hasn't yet realised that these books aren't serious.
The real mind-shattering fear is that most of the readers believe; and either Meyer is a subtle act comparably to Machiavelli; or she BELIEVES as well.

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
Thank goodness he finally killed off Nanomachine Deus Ex Machina Man Vamp, although I guess this explains a lot

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
Well, I can no longer look at my MGS games the same. Thanks for that, Kojima. I think I just might have to burn them. Oh and just wondering, but an autographed copy of MGS4 does not sound like something that an overly active twilight fan would be interested in. Couldn't come up with a better prize to give?

garfoldsomeoneelse

Charming, But Stupid
Mar 22, 2009
Leeeeeeeet's just chock it up to cultural differences, and not have to consider the extremely unfortunate implications. For our sake.

ae86gamer

Mar 10, 2009
I love the MGS series. They're my favorite games of all time.

But this.. this just.. I don't even know what to say. :[

Kevka

Jul 16, 2008
So, my two cents.

Certainly the MGS series is convoluted and makes little sense, even after heavy analysis. That's not how Twilight works. Twilight is exceptionally simple...so simple you can say that there is no story. It's just a girl getting hot and bothered about a sparkly vampire.

Most of the hate I see levied against Twilight is the sparkly vampires, followed by teen angst. Certainly the American gamer/horror literature fans hate them for being so sparkly, but remember that modern Japanese vampires (think Castlevania, Hellsing, Blood: The Last Vampire and Blood+, etc...) aren't very traditional, either. Just check out http://www.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OurVampiresAreDifferent for several good examples.

Anyway! I haven't read Twilight, or watched the movie, so I can't really make a comment about Kojima liking it. Though I'd like to say that I was surprised. If, however, what whoever said earlier about Twilight's translated title being "My Boyfriend is a Vampire" is true? No way did anybody pick up a book called "My Boyfriend is a Vampire" and take it seriously.

metalhead467

Aug 16, 2009
That's it.

He has lost all credibility.

I think I'm going to jump off a bridge now. GG, world.

DarkLordofDevon

May 11, 2008
Ahahaha!

Oh, that was lulz. Personally I'm not a fan of MGS, but I know for a fact some of those fan boys are going to be mad!