Hideo Kojima a "Huge Fan" of Twilight, Judging Fan Art Contest

boholikeu

Aug 18, 2008
This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone except those blinded fanboyism. Put Twilight in a sci-fi setting and throw in some pseudo-philosophical techno-babble and you'd basically have a Kojima story.

mspencer82 said:
Of course he's a fan. Stephanie Meyer is to vampires what Hideo Kojima is to war, politics, history, medicine, science, physics, genetics, the military, government agencies, weapons of mass destruction, war profiteering, pretty much anything related to the United States, and sense.
Man, I was totally going to say something like this, but you beat me to it =)

A Pious Cultist

Jul 4, 2009
WhiteTigerShiro said:
Sounds about right. The Metal Gear story is absolutely terrible, so it only fits that the writer of said story likes a series of books that is equally terrible.
My feelings exactly. It's clear Hideo thinks of himself like some writing-genius or pop-star, he should fit right in with Stephanie Myers.

Crimson Cade

Feb 27, 2009
Protip: Watch Twilight with Rifftrax commentary. Goes from soul-wrenching terror to gut-wrenching fits of hysterical laughter :D

Vor@Tan

Apr 29, 2009
HOLY SH*T!!!
*wails* NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
...funny, i had a horrible feeling that the east would be INFECTED by twitlight because of that horrible rumour that there'd be a twilight anime *dies* (the last thing we need is the anime industry consumed by crap like that, can you seriously imagine Hellsing like tiwlight!? *shudders* - unfortunately, i , against me telling my mother repeatedly that i hated twilight because of the idiotic fans, not to get it, got the first two makes me entitled to bash it!! *grrr!!*)

this is a bad sign! if they've become fans of something that is unbelieveably shit, what hope have we got that others won't follow suit!???

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
LeonHellsvite said:
holy hell, please don't get any ideas for the next MGS game involving twilight ><
I don't think we need to worry about that.

See, everyone thinks that Hideo Kojima is one of the kings of the gaming industry. And he is. So it's nice to see that someone so important within one of the industries so against Twilight, actually has no problems with it. I like Twilight myself. I'm aware of its faults and yet I still like it. So it's good to see someone like Kojima confessing to a love of something like Twilight as well, especially when you consider that gamers seem to be among the largest groups of people who denounce Twilight and want to murder Stephanie Meyer and Rob Pattinson...

Although, as a side note, I can't believe that the News team, the actual staff, had the idea to post a Twilight-related thread in the News Room. Surely the staff would be aware that it's flame bait of the highest magnitude? Any comments on this, staff of Themis Media?

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Trivun said:
LeonHellsvite said:
holy hell, please don't get any ideas for the next MGS game involving twilight ><

See, everyone thinks that Hideo Kojima is one of the kings of the gaming industry. And he is. So it's nice to see that someone so important within one of the industries so against Twilight, actually has no problems with it. I like Twilight myself. I'm aware of its faults and yet I still like it. So it's good to see someone like Kojima confessing to a love of something like Twilight as well, especially when you consider that gamers seem to be among the largest groups of people who denounce Twilight and want to murder Stephanie Meyer and Rob Pattinson...

Although, as a side note, I can't believe that the News team, the actual staff, had the idea to post a Twilight-related thread in the News Room. Surely the staff would be aware that it's flame bait of the highest magnitude? Any comments on this, staff of Themis Media?
What, and pass up the chance to photoshop Robert Pattinson on top of The Duck?

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
CantFaketheFunk said:
Trivun said:
LeonHellsvite said:

What, and pass up the chance to photoshop Robert Pattinson on top of The Duck?
Admittedly, that was pretty funny. I might like the film, but that doesn't mean I'm a big Rob Pattinson fan. I much prefer Ashley Greeme. Alice Cullen FTW ;D

SMOKEMNHALO2001

Sep 10, 2008
I never really liked Hideos' games but there's no denying he's a game design genius (or something) but even I have lost some respect for this man.
Twilight was such a crappy movie I cringed once I found out it was 2 hours long, I didn't even pay to see this crap and I regret it.

Et3rnalLegend64

Jan 9, 2009
I'm curious. How many people who hate the books have actually read them? (I haven't read them and don't plan to, but I won't hate it until I have read them). Bandwagon much? "OH MY GOD, KOJIMA LIKES TWILIGHT! HE SUCKS NOW! I DENOUNCE METAL GEAR FROM MY COLLECTION!" Right?

So, Kojima. Vamp is dead for real, right? Don't bring in a sparkly replacement (half tongue-in-cheek).

SMOKEMNHALO2001

Sep 10, 2008
Et3rnalLegend64 said:
I'm curious. How many people who hate the books have actually read them? (I haven't read them and don't plan to, but I won't hate it until I have read them). Bandwagon much?

So, Kojima. Vamp is dead for real, right? Don't bring in a sparkly replacement (half tongue-in-cheek).
Just read one and you'll get the idea, I couldn't even read past chapter 3 because the book sucks so bad. I care about the main characters but Bella, good God, she will make you hate the books.

Gaderael

Apr 14, 2009
Seeing everyone's head explode over this is so funny. It's funny to see people turn on someone for a simple little thing. He likes a series of books that you don't. Seriously, it's no big deal.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
I would think of all the people in the world, Hideo Kojima could figure out that Twilight is an extremely poorly written fanfiction for some crappy vampire story, but instead, he's a "huge fan?"

What? He's created one of the best game series of all time that has an extremely deep and smart story line, yet, he likes this tween bullshit?

epiconionz

Aug 20, 2009
He's just judging an art contest, probably got paid huge amounts for it. Then again, I've never played much MGS 4 either.

Darenus

Apr 10, 2008
MaxTheReaper said:
I don't understand what you mean by that.
How is there any other way to look at them?
Let's just say that I lack the mental flexibility at times to come by true ideas as oppose that what the marketing machines hammered into my mind at the time. Which was not that fun when I first heard about the stories. At all. *shiver*