Hideo Kojima's Making MGS5 Characters More "Erotic" For Cosplay

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
CriticalMiss said:
AC10 said:
CriticalMiss said:
You've got to love it when a game designer creates his characters based on what will sell more merchandise. He should just come straight out and make a Metal Gear Sexy: Tactical Erotic Action. The collectors edition could have a full sized Titty Snake love pillow and a pair of soiled tactical panties.

One more franchise to not be interested in any more :(
What about a Metal Gear/Dead or Alive crossover?
Something like DOA Extreme Beach Volleyball but with Snake sneaking around the place in a box armed only with his binoculars? One day...one day...
Yes! You'll play as Snake. It actually plays more like Pokemon snap, except you can't let the girls catch you taking photos.
If they spot you it will be MGS like stealth mechanics and you'll have to hide until the alert meter dies down. At the end of the round, Otacon evaluates your photos like Prof. Oka in snap.

If I we were Japanese game devs we just would have gotten a raise.

Tanakh

Jul 8, 2011
ZZoMBiE13 said:
Fine Mr. Kojima, I'll cosplay it. Not sure where I'll keep my penis in that tiny bikini though...
Always glad to help:

http://www.wikihow.com/Tuck-and-Tape

Forgot to add, have heard that doing it frequently can lead to permanent damage.

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
AC10 said:
CriticalMiss said:
Something like DOA Extreme Beach Volleyball but with Snake sneaking around the place in a box armed only with his binoculars? One day...one day...
Yes! You'll play as Snake. It actually plays more like Pokemon snap, except you can't let the girls catch you taking photos.
If they spot you it will be MGS like stealth mechanics and you'll have to hide until the alert meter dies down. At the end of the round, Otacon evaluates your photos like Prof. Oka in snap.

If I we were Japanese game devs we just would have gotten a raise.
You Sir, Have won an Internet.
And we haven't even gotten to the Snake Puns yet...

That and change the setting to the Guard's Shower Room and we can sell it to women too! :p

MrMan999

Oct 25, 2011
Guys, this is Kojima we are talking about, its pretty much a guarantee that for every sexy lady he will include some manservice with it. Remember in Twin Snakes, MGS 2 and MGS 3 every other shot was an ass shot of the main character in a skintight sneaking suit?

rbstewart7263

Nov 2, 2010
CriticalMiss said:
You've got to love it when a game designer creates his characters based on what will sell more merchandise. He should just come straight out and make a Metal Gear Sexy: Tactical Erotic Action. The collectors edition could have a full sized Titty Snake love pillow and a pair of soiled tactical panties.

Kojima makes games that he would like to play He doesnt pander to others any more than he panders to himself and theres no shame in that.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Dragonbums said:
Don't care.

As long as you balance it out with some sexy man booty.
The main character is Big Boss. That's basically the sexiest of the sexy man booty.

But yeah this seems dumb. She looked fine in the trailer, and changing a character just so you can sell more stuff or get more publicity is... silly.

NeedsaBetterName22

Jun 14, 2013
rbstewart7263 said:
CriticalMiss said:

Kojima makes games that he would like to play He doesnt pander to others any more than he panders to himself and theres no shame in that.
It amazes me that there's still people who think Kojima gives a fuck about what people think of him. Or that this is a new concept coming from him (remember when he created Raidan to appeal to a female audience, then had him naked for a lot of MGS2?).

MrMan999 said:
Guys, this is Kojima we are talking about, its pretty much a guarantee that for every sexy lady he will include some manservice with it. Remember in Twin Snakes, MGS 2 and MGS 3 every other shot was an ass shot of the main character in a skintight sneaking suit?
I have no idea what you're talking about. [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCP6-txLgbc]

Gronk

Jun 24, 2013
rbstewart7263 said:
CriticalMiss said:

Well.. there's no shame in masturbating either.. It's just that when you do it in public, people tend to think you're being embarassing...

Captcha: "agree to disagree"
Um.. this is the Internet, so I don't think so ;)

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
rbstewart7263 said:
CriticalMiss said:

And there is nothing wrong with that, but he stated that the redesign was to make the character more popular with cosplayers and to sell more 'figures'.

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
Oh joy, I am so waiting to see 100+ Threads to talk about Sexism in Videogames because of this news.

I am not, because I don't care

rbstewart7263

Nov 2, 2010
CriticalMiss said:
rbstewart7263 said:
CriticalMiss said:

And there is nothing wrong with that, but he stated that the redesign was to make the character more popular with cosplayers and to sell more 'figures'.
It was also his way of getting around the fact that he cant release the official data yet.

and he said nothing bout selling figures look at his tweets.https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
Well speak of the devil. Only yesterday me and my friend were discussing cosplaying for the MGS5 launch, and because she plans on going as Sniper Wolf, we joked about Kojima getting a rod on during the photo shoot and now it's an entirely plausible scenario. This just makes her even more enthusiastic about the whole idea XD

Then again, Kojimas always been pretty impartial on fan service. Guys get the sexy femme fatals, girls get Raiden and Snake in skin tight leather with plentiful arse shots and in Raidens case, bollock naked. I'll wager some men were pretty uncomfortable having Raidens arse crack shoved in their faces. Heck, the Date with Kaz mission in Peace Walker anyone?

NeedsaBetterName22

Jun 14, 2013
rbstewart7263 said:
It was also his way of getting around the fact that he cant release the official data yet.

and he said nothing bout selling figures look at his tweets.https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN
HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN:
The initial target is to make u want to do cosplay or its figurine to sell well.

Right there man.

elvor0 said:
Then again, Kojimas always been pretty impartial on fan service. Guys get the sexy femme fatals, girls get Raiden and Snake in skin tight leather with plentiful arse shots and in Raidens case, bollock naked. I'll wager some men were pretty uncomfortable having Raidens arse crack shoved in their faces.
See the hilarious 'Snake ass crawl' in MGS4.

rbstewart7263

Nov 2, 2010
NeedsaBetterName22 said:
rbstewart7263 said:

HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN:
The initial target is to make u want to do cosplay or its figurine to sell well.

Right there man.
OH! LMAO! I thought "figures" like more sales figures not figurines! lol my bad.

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
NeedsaBetterName22 said:
elvor0 said:
Then again, Kojimas always been pretty impartial on fan service. Guys get the sexy femme fatals, girls get Raiden and Snake in skin tight leather with plentiful arse shots and in Raidens case, bollock naked. I'll wager some men were pretty uncomfortable having Raidens arse crack shoved in their faces.
Oh but of course, gotta love the Snake in a Microwave section :p Even as a straight guy, that's a pretty lovingly sculpted booty.

NeedsaBetterName22

Jun 14, 2013
rbstewart7263 said:
NeedsaBetterName22 said:
rbstewart7263 said:

HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN:

Right there man.
OH! LMAO! I thought "figures" like more sales figures not figurines! lol my bad.
To be fair Kojima's English is terrible. Terrible enough that it's possible this was just a badly translated joke. Or maybe he's just being honest, in which case, I'll take that honesty over the blatant lies a lot of publishers push.

Micalas

Mar 5, 2011
Chaosritter said:
Considering that Jessica Nigri's Juliet cosplay got her kicked out of several conventions, I doubt that's a good idea. I mean she just wore a pink jumpsuit with a lowered zipper and a rather normal cheerleader dress and that has already caused an outrage.
Did she seriously get kicked out over THAT specific cosplay? I'm seen some shit man. Shit faaaaaaar worse than that. The pink jumpsuit doesn't even qualify in my top 100 of risque cosplays.

There was a cosplay at Otakon that a group of women was doing. They went as "Nude SIMS." They wore nothing but skin colored underwear and had cardboard over their fronts and backs that had the mosaic pattern. Looking at them from the side from 50 feet away, your eyes showed you naked women.

NeedsaBetterName22

Jun 14, 2013
elvor0 said:
elvor0 said:
Oh but of course, gotta love the Snake in a Microwave section :p Even as a straight guy, that's a pretty lovingly sculpted booty. [/quote]

As a straight man with a eye patch fetish I demand lovingly shot scenes of Big Boss crawling in something skin-tight. For...research, you know?

Seydaman

Nov 21, 2008
I. Uhm. He, what?

Well. That's, something. I guess you know what you're getting into with MGS5.

I do not enjoy skimpy outfits. The style just, doesn't mesh with me. Clothing can be an important way to express a character without words, a lack of clothing doesn't tell me much besides "Yup, we're going to masturbate to his". I mean, I suppose you can maybe hypothesize something about openness and accepting your own body, but come on. Who does that seriously?