History of Global Warming in games.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
So Super Bunnyhop recently put out a vid that talks about how global warming and climate change has appeared in video games. It's an interesting watch and shows that it both appeared more and less then I assumed. It also goes over how it started to vanish from games and how it suddenly started to come back.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
So Super Bunnyhop recently put out a vid that talks about how global warming and climate change has appeared in video games. It's an interesting watch and shows that it both appeared more and less then I assumed. It also goes over how it started to vanish from games and how it suddenly started to come back.

Interesting video. A bit depressing but a good dive into how Global Warming is handled in video games(particularly strategy games).

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Interesting video. A bit depressing but a good dive into how Global Warming is handled in video games(particularly strategy games).
Yeah, I also never knew that calling it 'Global Warming' was just an attempt to soften how scary 'Global Warming' sounds by the Bush admin. I always assumed it was because idiots kept saying winter was cold.

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
Yeah, I also never knew that calling it 'Global Warming' was just an attempt to soften how scary 'Global Warming' sounds by the Bush admin. I always assumed it was because idiots kept saying winter was cold.
I mean, calling it Climate change doesn't actually stop the idiots from doing that.

The next step is where they start talking about how nice it will be to go to the beaches in February.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I mean, calling it Climate change doesn't actually stop the idiots from doing that.

The next step is where they start talking about how nice it will be to go to the beaches in February.
It actually sorta does. I mean if its just called climate change then saying its cold in winter doesn't have the same 'oh yeah' impact as it does if its called global warming. But, I'm not sure how much of a slam dunk that was anyway.

I think we already got past that.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Call it climate breakdown. It's accurate of the hell we're in for if we pass the 2 degrees mark. Might even get our leaders to appreciate the situation and...

...fuck, who am I kidding? :(

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
Call it climate breakdown. It's accurate of the hell we're in for if we pass the 2 degrees mark. Might even get our leaders to appreciate the situation and...

...fuck, who am I kidding? :(
Well, OTOH, when florida is routinely flooding, I can at least acknowledge "Sorry, Sea Level Rise is a CHINESE HOAX! BOOTSTRAPS!".

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
The funniest thing about this - in a dark humor sort of way - is that the planet will prevail however nature intends it to. Human beings...not so much. We reap what we sow though of course. What would be kinda cool is if the seas got so hot someday they burned up all the garbage people have left in them. I'm thinking Mother Nature was probably sad to see the dinosaurs go, but she'll be kinda glad to thin us out someday sooner rather than later unless we clean up our act.

Last edited: