Hitman Hit with Delay to 2016

Conrad Zimmerman

Dec 24, 2013
Hitman Hit with Delay to 2016

More legwork required before commencing operation.

2016 is shaping up to be a pretty exciting year for videogames, if for no other reason than a number of high profile titles shifting their release dates out of the coming holiday season. Today, IO Interactive added another game to the pile of early 2016 releases by delaying the release of Hitman to March.

In a blog post explaining the delay, the developer expressed a need for more development time owing to the scope and density of the game's missions and environments. To illustrate this, IO provided an image depicting the total area of the largest environment in prior installment Hitman Absolution atop the map used in the "Showstopper" demonstration for Hitman last month at PAX Prime.

In addition, IO expects that the additional time will help to ensure more frequent releases of planned expansion content for Hitman, which will launch in an incomplete state with additional stages and missions delivered to players over time in a structure akin to an episodic game.

When it comes next year, Hitman will be releasing for PCs, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.

Source: IO Interactive [https://hitman.com/en-us/news/important-release-news]

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Well, cool, I guess. The episodes are free (I think) meaning that in the end we are waiting to get a bigger amount of content all at once.

Still, all it needs is good levels, I bet most people only played the same 3-4 levels in Hitman 2 (Blood Money was a special game as most levels were fun to replay, still had my 3 to 4 most played levels though)

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
The size of a level is very insignificant if a good deal of it is empty and/or the gameplay to get around that level is terrible. If there's not much to do and/or it's annoying to do so then a large level is completely pointless.

Episodic? Won't that mean it'll be better to wait until all the episodes are released before buying it, especially since there will probably be an all in one pack game at some point?