Hitman III Will Launch As a Platform

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

This actually sounds pretty tight, and it’s good to hear IO has full control over the IP now. I only have the 2016 game, but it’s nice to know that the third game will have all missions, as well as interchangeable stuff across all three games. This is a series I’ve always kinda had on the fringe. I really like it but it does require some dedication, and I’ve always had other more story-driven stuff to finish. I think I’ll look for a sale on H2 in the meantime and get through more backlog first, but definitely keeping the latest on my radar.

Reactions: BrawlMan

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010

This actually sounds pretty tight, and it’s good to hear IO has full control over the IP now. I only have the 2016 game, but it’s nice to know that the third game will have all missions, as well as interchangeable stuff across all three games. This is a series I’ve always kinda had on the fringe. I really like it but it does require some dedication, and I’ve always had other more story-driven stuff to finish. I think I’ll look for a sale on H2 in the meantime and get through more backlog first, but definitely keeping the latest on my radar.
I wonder if they will eventually provide a level editor so people can make their own challenges to share with friends.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
I wonder if they will eventually provide a level editor so people can make their own challenges to share with friends.
That would be awesome. One of the best things to come out of Absolution were the online contracts. It fits this game type so well, and the elusive contracts that the reboots added add limitless possibilities.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
That would be awesome. One of the best things to come out of Absolution were the online contracts. It fits this game type so well, and the elusive contracts that the reboots added add limitless possibilities.
Yeah it does seem to be an aspect that fans enjoy. I'm personally not a big fan of the franchise, despite loving stealth based games. Dunno...something about it just didn't really click with me. But I can appreciate people making their own maps and stuff for fun. Of course you wouldn't have much scripted dialogue to work with, and just have stock dialogue from the NPCs, which would limit the variety of options a bit. Because I know often you can find clues on creative ways to kill people, by overhearing conversations. But still, it could be fun for fans.

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States
I think you can play Hitman 1 maps in Hitman 2 as well.
You can, but you need to buy a special DLC pack for it. However, if you have Hitman 2016 installed on the same machine as Hitman 2, I believe the DLC pack is free.

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
I loved the PS2 games(played them all) but ehh.. current gen Hitman 1 & 2 really seems designed for very specific playstyles. If PS2 is stealth PS4 is puzzle. It's good but Hitman 2 didn't really hold my interest to be honest. Wish they departed from this meticulous clockwork design to the more ad-hoc structure of the PS2 games.