HL2:E3 Teaser Poster

Caradinist

Nov 19, 2009
Everyone said the white poster with the crowbar, suggesting that Half-life 2 was coming soon, was fake, look what happened.

Just throwing that out there.

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
You guys are going to be so disappointed when E3 comes. Then I'm going to be disappointed when I see all the rage threads about Valve not announcing Episode 3.

slipknot4

Feb 19, 2009
June 14th - 2045...
The last episode​
Really, diablo had a "demo/beta/alfa" out in 2006. It's not seeing light before 2012.

tmujir955

Oct 12, 2009
Caradinist said:
Everyone said the white poster with the crowbar, suggesting that Half-life 2 was coming soon, was fake, look what happened.

Ah yes, this one:

Very good point indeed.

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
tmujir955 said:
Good morning blues said:
Beryl77 said:
I really wish it would be real but it's fake.
http://regex.info/exif.cgi?url=http://www.gamersmint.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/110yhwl1.jpg
I don't know what this web page says, other than that the image was created with Photoshop CS4. Incidentally, the photographs that appear in the newspaper I work at are also created in Photoshop. It looks to me like a photograph of a poster that was touched up in Photoshop.

I'm not saying that this is for sure a real thing (OH GOD I HOPE SO BAD THAT IT'S REAL) but I am saying that Photoshop and image-doctoring are not synonymous.
Alrighty then I'll take your word for it.
That web page says that these picture was photoshopped as hell. This is apparently a photograph and I just don't get why Valve should photoshop a photograph. Believe me I really want it to be real but I don't want to get my hopes up and then crushed again.

Catchy Slogan

Jun 17, 2009
dududf said:
[HEADING=1]WOA! HOLY SHIT![/HEADING]

Below the date, I think I can see the Gman.

Anyone else see that?
Yep. There is a face. Or maybe once you see the G-man, he gets inside your head. Forever.

May 5, 2010
wouldyoukindly99 said:
After playing through HL:2 and both episodes...I really don't see what the big deal is, and I honestly don't care what happens to any of the characters. I guess Half Life 2 just isn't for me. :/

Can't wait for Portal 2 and Left 4 Dead 3 though (And possibly TF3?), if they ever come out on PS3 that is.
Wait...You played through the entirety of Half Life 2 (which is a freakin huge game) and both episodes before you figured out that you didn't like the series?

Really?

Good morning blues

Sep 24, 2008
Beryl77 said:
tmujir955 said:
Good morning blues said:
Beryl77 said:
I really wish it would be real but it's fake.
http://regex.info/exif.cgi?url=http://www.gamersmint.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/110yhwl1.jpg
I don't know what this web page says, other than that the image was created with Photoshop CS4. Incidentally, the photographs that appear in the newspaper I work at are also created in Photoshop. It looks to me like a photograph of a poster that was touched up in Photoshop.

I'm not saying that this is for sure a real thing (OH GOD I HOPE SO BAD THAT IT'S REAL) but I am saying that Photoshop and image-doctoring are not synonymous.
Alrighty then I'll take your word for it.
That web page says that these picture was photoshopped as hell. This is apparently a photograph and I just don't get why Valve should photoshop a photograph. Believe me I really want it to be real but I don't want to get my hopes up and then crushed again.
There are three possibilities here:

1) This image is a complete fabrication.

2) This image is a photograph of a real poster created by Valve. As far as I know, we don't know where this image came from, so there's no guarantee that the photo was taken by Valve. There are any number of reasons to touch up a photo of a poster, but the primary one I'd point to is the need to get rid of lens flare, reflections, and glare.

3) This is an original image created (or at least finished) by Valve using Photoshop. Not every poster needs to be made using InDesign or Illustrator.

ingsoc

Feb 12, 2008
I tend to photoshop everything I produce before publishing it to the web to make sure it is perfect. Pointing out that it has been photoshoped means absolutely nothing. Nada. Zip. With that said, I will believe it when I see it but based on an email I got from Chet Faliszek, I am inclined to believe it is going to happen. Oh, then there is the Lambda symbol in the newest Team Fortress comic with the number three right next to it.

Gigano

Whose Eyes Are Those Eyes?
Oct 15, 2009
Considering it doesn't menition a year, I now believe that Half-life 2: Episode 3 is slated to come out at June 14th 2015, barring any delays.

Caradinist said:

That may have been what inspired this hoax though (if it truly is that). I don't see the probability of Valve doing the exact same marketing stunt twice as being higher than some nerdy dude on the internet copying the overall style of their previous announcement to add credit to his fake. It is a very well done picture, but still simplistic enough to be done as a one-man project in a few hours. And Newell's (not so) private denouncement carries some weight as well.

Would be awesome if EP3 was around the corner though. But I very much doubt it.

SilentLeviathan

Mar 21, 2009
Wouldn't it be totally like Valve (as in totally crazy-amazing[cramazing?]), especially considering the Portal 2 ARG, to put out something like this and make it look like it might be a fake?

A Weary Exile

Aug 24, 2009
Frozen Donkey Wheel2 said:
wouldyoukindly99 said:
After playing through HL:2 and both episodes...I really don't see what the big deal is, and I honestly don't care what happens to any of the characters. I guess Half Life 2 just isn't for me. :/

Can't wait for Portal 2 and Left 4 Dead 3 though (And possibly TF3?), if they ever come out on PS3 that is.
Wait...You played through the entirety of Half Life 2 (which is a freakin huge game) and both episodes before you figured out that you didn't like the series?

Really?
I thought it was alright. I just wanted to beat it so I would finally see what all the fuss was about, suffice it to say that I was underwhelmed, but I didn't hate it.

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
Control Room Operator 1: "Sir, these hype readings are going off the charts!"

Control Room Officer: "What's the origin?"

Control Room Operator 2: "VALVe. They recently cancelled the Portal 2 event. According to a press release, they're having another surprise at E3"

Control Room Officer: "And I assume numerous VALVe fans are speculating that this so-called "surprise" is codenamed 'Episode 3'?"

Control Room Operator 2: "Well-"

Control Room Operator 3: "CAPTAIN! We just received an image from one of our informants!"

Control Room Officer: "Bring it up to the screen."

Control Room Officer: "My god..."

SilkySkyKitten

Oct 20, 2009
Sorry to break your bubble, guys, but Gabe Newell himself says that this thing is fake:
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/06/05/rumor-half-life-2-announcement-teased-by-freeman-art/

unoleian

Jul 2, 2008
Skywolf09 said:
Sorry to break your bubble, guys, but Gabe Newell himself says that this thing is fake:
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/06/05/rumor-half-life-2-announcement-teased-by-freeman-art/
A rollercoaster ride of epic highs! And then crushing lows...

...and now faint optimism (or is that pessimism?) that the bastard Gabe is playing us all like fiddles.

Eldritch Warlord

Jun 6, 2008
Even though it's fake I like that poster.

Imagine someone who didn't know about Half-Life 2: Episode 3 trying to discern any meaning out of it. Hilarious.

Feriluce

Apr 1, 2010
Eldritch Warlord said:
Even though it's fake I like that poster.

Imagine someone who didn't know about Half-Life 2: Episode 3 trying to discern any meaning out of it. Hilarious.
Noone with respect for themselves does not know about Half-life.