Hmm..I must be only 1 of 4 people left...

The Cheezy One

Christian. Take that from me.
Dec 13, 2008
I sorta agree, there is a lot of stuff coming in that I don't care about.
The animation story things never really got my attention. No offense to Unforgotten Worlds, Doraleous, game dogs, etc, I can see the humour in what you do, but I wasn't a fan. UnS, D-d A, ZP, EttM, they are all good.
But as long as the stuff appeals to someone, I don't disagree about it being there. I'd rather other people were happy than myself.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Wasn't this site started in just 2005? That's pretty young, even for a website. You can take your trivial lament to GameFAQs if you want. I only watch two shows here (Zero Punctuation and Extra Credits) and occasional reviews. I read a good many articles, though. The content that I don't like, I don't go to, and it doesn't affect me.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
Relatively new member here. Personally, I don't watch Zero Punctuation unless there's an episode on a specific game that I'm interested in, but I watch every episode of Extra Credits. I look forward to it every Thursday. I also read every Extra Punctuation that doesn't slip past me, so it's not like I'm entirely anti-Yahtzee. I actually came to this site because it was the best source for gaming journalism that I had seen since the decline of the print magazines in the early 2000's -- I didn't even know Yahtzee was attached to the site until I had been lurking for a couple of weeks, even though I had seen a few of the videos years earlier. From my point of view, more content is a good thing -- you can't expect everything that comes out of this or any site to be gold, so the more chances for good stuff, the better. I know there have been more than a couple of weekly issues that haven't interested me in the slightest...

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
I have Zero Punctuation's video gallery page as my bookmark. Anyway, there are some really good series on here. Favorites include: "Escape to the movies", "Unskippable" and "Extra credits" are all really good. I also like reading "Extra punctuation" when I have time and posting on the forums. Everyone likes different things, not everyone is just here for Zero Punctuation you know.

Caliostro

Headhunter
Jan 23, 2008
akmarksman said:
I know..I just don't like having to wade through all that just to get to ZP or Unskippable.
If I wanted to watch those kinds of vids that are filling up the Videos tab,I'd go over to Youtube.
Bookmarks.

It's not a real problem if you can solve it with 1 button press.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Sir John the Net Knight said:
AvsJoe said:
akmarksman said:
I know.. I'm just lamenting the "old" Escapist is gone. ;)
This guy's got a point. There is a marked difference between the Escapist from when I joined and the Escapist now. Back then it was more personal, we were more of a community instead of a forum.

But evolution happens and we are just along for the ride. The Escapist today is just as awesome. The User Groups and the RP's keep a lot of the community that the forums lost and we get exciting new members every day, a few of whom quickly become celebrities around here.

But as for the videos, the OP just has to accept the fact that there are more than just the two series' 'round 'ere. Some are hit or miss but most are quality productions. If he only wants to watch ZP and Unskippable, let him do so; he'll be enjoying the site's two flagship series' but he'll be missing out on everything else.
Frankly, I'm tired of hearing about the "old escapist". Like it was some kind of garden of Eden or some shit. At lot of the "old escapists" are pretty damn uppity, some to the point of being rude. And I get really tired of hearing how there was some cut off point for me being a "true member of the site".
lol it's what happens though. Imagine if you were part of, say, a small club in your highschool. Everyone knows everyone well and there's little angst or disagreement. Word gets around that you have a pretty sweet club and more members start to join. And more. And more. And with each member comes a different point of view, and sure enough a few shift disturbers get in on this too. Soon the small and intimate club is now a big damn party and few if anyone takes the time to really get to know another member. The club isn't any worse, but it is vastly different.

It's fully understandable if the original or older members start to resent the new ways. Rudeness and even hostility is expected, if unwanted.

akmarksman

Mar 28, 2008
I know about bookmarks.
On my old winXP computer,I had a Firefox bookmarks folder(and folders within the bookmark folder) that had over 3000. That was just for varying degrees of hacks and mods relating to video games and computers.

I know that change is inevitable. I don't mind the new content,because I don't watch it.

JanatUrlich

Apr 24, 2009
It's all shit too. I wouldn't mind if there was anything worth watching, but most of it is low quality crap. Disapppoooiiintttiiinnggg.

cainstwin

May 18, 2009
stinkychops said:
Gotta say, Doraleous and Associates outshines all the other stuff for me (besides when they had Doomsday Arcade, that was awesome).
Can't say I found D+A that great myself, but its always good to find another doomsday arcade fan!! I have only 2 regrets with the series, never finding out who the man upstairs was, and that its not on any more :( I felt it went largely unappreciated which is a shame. Shame the Michaels didn't decide to do another series (preferably not just a sequel series to doomsday arcade though)