Holiday Giveaways at GOG.com

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Holiday Giveaways at GOG.com

GOG.com [http://www.gog.com] is offering some sweet deals on its entire catalog and giving away not just one but two adventure classics absolutely free as part of its big 2009 Holiday Sale.

The holidays are upon us and the guys at GOG are at it again, with discounts ranging from 25 to 40 percent off its entire selection of 171 games. That means you can score games like Painkiller Black for $6.99, Arx Fatalis for $3.89, Divine Divinity for $4.49 or Psychonauts for $7.49. Holy crap!

Making things even better, GOG is giving away Mean Streets and Martian Memorandum, perhaps better known as Tex Murphy 1 and 2, absolutely free. They're pretty seriously dated - Mean Streets was released in 1989 - but both are widely recognized as adventure classics, particularly Martian Memorandum, one of the earliest games to use full-motion video and digitized voices. And they're free!

"2009 has been an amazing year for GOG.com, during which we've expanded our catalog to more than 170 games and brought in lots of new users from around the world," said GOG Managing Director Adam Oldakowski. "This Holiday Sale - along with the free Tex Murphy 1+2 giveaway that's still going until December 24 - is a way for us to give back to the loyal fans that have made our site such a success."

I'm not normally one to make a lot of noise about deals on other sites but GOG gets some extra love because it offers gamers a chance to go back and pick up on past greats that they may have missed the first time around. Some of the stuff is pretty mouldy but there are some serious classics to be found as well, and giving away free games? That always deserves a little airtime in my book.

The Tex Murphy [http://www.gog.com/en/page/xmas09] giveaway ends on December 24.

HardRockSamurai

May 28, 2008
Holy crap! There are some magnificent deals there!

For those of you who haven't played the original Fallout games, I suggest you do so right now, since these nutcases are selling both of them for a little under $8.00! It's a wonderful, wonderful day to be a gamer!

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
Frank_Sinatra_ said:
Free games + other cheap games?
>.>
<.<
Well... *breaks out card* Tis the season huh?
Agreed. I love how it's perhaps a little against the season, but I find myself spending a lot of money on my own game collection this time of year.

I'm pretty upset about it. Seriously.

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
Hiphophippo said:
Frank_Sinatra_ said:
>.>
<.<
Agreed. I love how it's perhaps a little against the season, but I find myself spending a lot of money on my own game collection this time of year.

I hear ya. My games collection has risen more than it should have this season too.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Frank_Sinatra_ said:
>.>
<.<
Indeed! Go go Bank Account, lol

gmer412

Feb 21, 2008
The site says I've been on GoG for 424 days. I have to say that I've enjoyed every game I've gotten from them. Beyond Good and Evil, Fallout 1+2, now Pop: Sands of Time. What a great site.

Pipotchi

Jan 17, 2008
I love GOG, espicially how all the games are in dollars so they are cheap but when I convert them into real money they are even cheaper!

Huzzah

Valiance

Jan 14, 2009
GOG is pretty sweet, and I hope this raises their publicity and awareness - one more registered user is one step closer to another sale.

UnravThreads

Aug 10, 2009
I like Gog too.

I got annoyed though. Friday morning, I bought Might & Magic 1-6. Friday evening I got a lovely e-mail, which read thusly; "This weekend only, Might & Magic games are 50% off".

:(

CyberAkuma

Elite Member
Nov 27, 2007
Already bought 5 games off there, and all in total for less than $10

The deals they have there is amazing.
I bought Commandos 1 + Mission Pack, Commandos 2+3, Simon the Scorcerer 1 + 2 and now buying Under a Killing Moon.

This site is awesome and deserves the attention and support.

someotherguy

Nov 15, 2009
Hiphophippo said:
Frank_Sinatra_ said:
>.>
<.<

I can agree, my steam library seems to have taken a life of its own, it doubled itself out of nowhere.