Holy crap turning 18 soon 0.o

Goenitz

Jul 22, 2008
21 is the money age, 18 just means you can go to big boy jail, so watch yourself.

sanomaton

Oct 25, 2008
When I turned 18 it was pretty much an evening just like any other. Well, it was the first time I travelled on a bus (woo!) and I went to visit my older brother then. I stayed at his place, watched movies and ate a delicious tosca cake my brother's girlfriend had made for me. :) So turning 18 was alright I suppose, I'm not really into that whole drinking scene and I haven't had a bday party since I turned 15 so I wasn't really into having one then either.

Me55enger

Dec 16, 2008
Turning sixteen and turning eighteen are the most anticlimactic times other than sex.

Honestly.

you turn sixteen expecting everything on two legs to not be using them while you're on her bed.
you turn eighteen expecting alcohol and the vote to be waiting there with little finish flags and a big trophy.

They're numbers marking how long you've been on this pitiful earth.

Stop wishing your life away.

GodofDisaster

Premium member
Sep 10, 2009
I just went out for a drink on my 18th, but other than that, I didn't really feel older.

I was just happy that I could finally buy 18 rated games and movies, without bringing my parents into buy them for me.

Shockolate

Feb 27, 2010
My birthday is also in July and I am also turning 18 this year (Fancy that) and I can safely say I never want to move out. In fact I've never even truely considered moving out. Why would I want to? I've grown up in this house, it has everything I need, why would I want to go anywhere else?

The only thing that really worries me in that I still have no idea what to do for a Career.

Chechosaurus

Jul 20, 2008
I don't remember turning 18. I woke up at about mid-day opened a can of beer and the rest is a blur.

To be honest, I relished my 17th much more. 18 didn't bring much freedom other than I could buy my own beer rather than get my friends to grab some. 17 was a biggie because I just wanted to pass my driving test so I could drive my friends to the shop so they could go buy beer.

TheRocketeer

Intolerable Bore
Dec 24, 2009
Being 18 seemed awesome.

I mean, in reality it totally sucked, but there are a lot of great songs about being 18, and when they come on the radio, you're like, 'Yeeeaaah!'

And then when you aren't 18 anymore you hear them come on the radio and you're like, 'Aaaaawwww....'

Aesir23

Jul 2, 2009
It felt very surreal.

My thoughts were pretty much along the lines of "Holy Hell, I'm going to be a legal adult!" And then came the revelation that I didn't want to grow up.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Uh... turning around, sleeping another hour. That was pretty much the most exciting moment that day.

Phoenixlight

Aug 24, 2008
I just stayed in and revised for a sociology exam on my 18th birthday choosing not to do anything for it. I also don't like alcohol so it didn't allow me to do anything that I couldn't do before.

Dapsen

Nov 9, 2008
meh i'm still only 14.

but i imagine, that when i turn 18 im gonna celebrate. Then chill for a few days (or longer, depending on how long it takes me to get a proper economical situation under control), and then move away from home. Try to get a job, and/or finish my current educational plan.

ba dum tish ;)

Chrono180

Dec 8, 2007
Turning 18 was highly overrated because I don't smoke or gamble. My parents got me a laptop that was alright, but for the most part it was just another birthday. I am turning 21 this june, but my medication would cause me to have blackouts if I drank, so I'll probably just sit at home and cry myself to sleep over my genetic disorders.

Mcupobob

Jun 29, 2009
Superbeast said:
Didn't feel no different (well, perhaps more inebriated than usual, and had to knock a friend out to stop him molesting another mate of mine).

But you think that's a worry? I'm going to be 21 this July and I'm going grey (in the beard). I already think like a middle-aged man, this is NOT good ;D

I'm American so I can't drink till 21 so alchole is no factor for me, and at least you look like a grown man I still look 13 at my age and prolly will for a long time. My mom still gets carded for smokes and doesn't even try to buy alchole cause she looks likes she 15(she's 35 btw). Guess I'll appreciate it when I'm older.