HOLY FU- Anonymous is PISSSSSED!

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
Well Megaupload got shot down? And what happened? Anonymous is now going on a fucking rampage.

http://gizmodo.com/5877679/anonymous-kills-department-of-justice-site-in-megaupload-revenge-strike

Oh wait. That is not all! Not only did they shut down the website of Department of Justice Buuuut...

http://gawker.com/5877707/the-evil-new-tactic-behind-anonymous-massive-revenge-attack

Pretty much every company that makes movies, TV, or music, along with the entirety of the federal government, is in Anonymous' crosshairs.

Jesus christ the internet is at war. What with SOPA and this shit. And we are gonna be caught in the middle.

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
DO NOT CLICK ANYTHING LEADING TO THE NEW MEGA UPLOAD! Avoid ANYTHING relating to Megaupload or Anonimous other then news sites! They will fucking infect you with the virus that sends DDoS!!!

Also stay the fuck away from PasteHTML links.

mParadox

Susurration
Sep 19, 2010
Country
Germany
Oh ho ho ho. This is very, extremely, positively interesting.

I'm totally hiding in the Internet bunker. Anyone else care to join me? We have cookies!

Kolby Jack

Come at me scrublord, I'm ripped
Apr 29, 2011
Anonymous is mad the government shut down a site that pretty much does NOTHING ELSE but stream copyrighted material? I will continue saying what I have always said: They are teenagers. Megaupload was lucky it lasted so long, and NOBODY should be surprised it's been shut down.

And of course, Anonymous "shuts down" a government website... for what? A day? *gasp* TWO DAYS?! Who cares? Even for the Dept. of Justice this is an annoyance at the very worst.

mParadox

Susurration
Sep 19, 2010
Country
Germany
Solo-Wing said:
DO NOT CLICK ANYTHING LEADING TO THE NEW MEGA UPLOAD! Avoid ANYTHING relating to Megaupload or Anonimous other then news sites! They will fucking infect you with the virus that sends DDoS!!!

Oh? You mean like this one? [http://goo.gl/1EPFL] And this? [http://goo.gl/2WViw]
And oh maybe... also this? [http://goo.gl/nrQ6s]

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
Jack the Potato said:
Anonymous is mad the government shut down a site that pretty much does NOTHING ELSE but stream copyrighted material? I will continue saying what I have always said: They are teenagers. Megaupload was lucky it lasted so long, and NOBODY should be surprised it's been shut down.

And of course, Anonymous "shuts down" a government website... for what? A day? *gasp* TWO DAYS?! Who cares? Even for the Dept. of Justice this is an annoyance at the very worst.
Anonymous says they've also knocked off the RIAA's site?looks down for us at the moment as well.

Update 2: Universal Music Group has also fallen off an e-cliff.

Update 3: Goodbye for now, MPAA.org.

Update 4: Affected sites are bouncing in and out of life, and are at the very least super slow to load. Anon agents are currently trying to coordinate their DDoS attacks in the same direction via IRC.

Update 5: The US Copyright Office joins the list.

Update 6: This Anon sums up the mood in their "official" chat room at the moment:

Danzu: STOP EVERYTHING, who are we DoSing right now?

Update 7: Russian news service RT claims this is the largest coordinated attack in Anonymous' history?over 5,600 DDoS zealots blasting at once.

Update 8: the Anonymous DDoS planning committee is chittering so quickly, it's making my laptop fan spin.

Update 9: Major record label EMI is down for the count.

Update 10: La résistance est international?French copyright authority HADOPI bites the dust under Anon pressure.

Update 11: The Federal Bureau of Investigation has fallen and can't get up.

Update 12: Anonymous has released a statement about today's attacks.
This is the largest coordinated anonymous attack in history! Fuck I am actually worried!

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
mParadox said:

I'm totally hiding in the Internet bunker. Anyone else care to join me? We have cookies!
I'll bring the Popcorn! Shall we listen to music while we watch?

This is hilarious.

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
mParadox said:
Solo-Wing said:

Oh? You mean like this one? [http://goo.gl/1EPFL] And this? [http://goo.gl/2WViw]
And oh maybe... also this? [http://goo.gl/nrQ6s]
... Ok Gizmodo is safe. I meant actually Megaupload sites and PasteHTML links. Stay away.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Soviet Heavy said:
mParadox said:

I'll bring the Popcorn! Shall we listen to music while we watch?

This is hilarious.

And music:

We will survive while the internet nukes above fall down!

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
well Its about time Anon did somthing about SOPA..that kind of thing is right up their ally

perhaos this has been planned for a while

Shaedn

Apr 26, 2009
Just heard about this on a (Austalian) radio news broadcast.
"The US is having some trouble with an anonymous hacker group taking over government security and media sites."
Just imagine the chaos if SOPA passes.

EDIT: To those saying "Anon won't achieve anything by this," I disagree.
These actions are already getting international media attention (as above, for example), and it's only a matter of time before the public begin to ask "why?"
In my opinion, this is exactly what the sort of thing needed to bring SOPA into the public eye, just like the website blackouts. Sooner or later, the media won't be able to pointedly ignore SOPA anymore, and then the shit will REALLY hit the fan.

Kolby Jack

Come at me scrublord, I'm ripped
Apr 29, 2011
Solo-Wing said:
Jack the Potato said:

Anonymous says they've also knocked off the RIAA's site?looks down for us at the moment as well.

Update 2: Universal Music Group has also fallen off an e-cliff.

Update 3: Goodbye for now, MPAA.org.

Update 4: Affected sites are bouncing in and out of life, and are at the very least super slow to load. Anon agents are currently trying to coordinate their DDoS attacks in the same direction via IRC.

Update 5: The US Copyright Office joins the list.

Update 6: This Anon sums up the mood in their "official" chat room at the moment:

Danzu: STOP EVERYTHING, who are we DoSing right now?

Update 7: Russian news service RT claims this is the largest coordinated attack in Anonymous' history?over 5,600 DDoS zealots blasting at once.

Update 8: the Anonymous DDoS planning committee is chittering so quickly, it's making my laptop fan spin.

Update 9: Major record label EMI is down for the count.

Update 10: La résistance est international?French copyright authority HADOPI bites the dust under Anon pressure.

Update 11: The Federal Bureau of Investigation has fallen and can't get up.

Update 12: Anonymous has released a statement about today's attacks.
This is the largest coordinated anonymous attack in history! Fuck I am actually worried!
Really? I couldn't tell by your use of caps lock and panic words.

Anonymous will accomplish nothing, just like every other time. The case will still go through, the government won't really care (I mean really, shutting down a government agency's public website does jack-shit to their ability to operate), and people will soon get over their paranoia and desire to fight "the man" and move on. Nobody really cares that megaupload is gone, they just care because the government did it.

Hal10k

May 23, 2011
Are they doing anything other than DDoSing, or are they actually doing anything that will actually require cleaning up? It'll be interesting to see if they actually manage to do lasting damage to any of those sites.

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
Vault101 said:
well Its about time Anon did somthing about SOPA..that kind of thing is right up their ally

perhaos this has been planned for a while
This has nothing to do with SOPA. Plus this is actually inforcing SOPA. The media likes to mark Anonymous as Cyber Terrorists. And you know how Americans react at the word Terrorists. If they think this is about SOPA. Well SOPA will be getting a SHIT-TON of support.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Wait, doesn't the Escapist have the basement for such events? *Hides.

Muspelheim

Apr 7, 2011
mParadox said:

Only if Fegelein ain't coming!