HOLY FUCK THIS OPPRESSIVE SHIT IN MY OWN STATE?!?!(Lol Australia)

slowpoke999

Sep 17, 2009
Trust me the swearing is completely relevant. In the Queensland state of Australia they are now giving out fines for SWEARING in public, $100 fines to be exact.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/latest/7403159/qld-cops-to-issue-fines-for-swearing-in-public/

I post alot of shit Australia does(mostly involving Gaming and Internet) but this is the first time it is appearing in just my state, and in real life to. I think I found the problem guys, it's me.

That's right, it is me who is causing all this shit in Australia.Why?Every single time a story like this pops up I say to myself,"I'm going to leave Australia if this shit keeps happening" but I pussy out and keep putting it off. So as soon as I turn of legal age I'm off this fucking island but now I at least can feel good about it, if I leave I may break the curse or whatever. Because if I stay and they implement 'mandatory tracking chips' in our brains which fine us our soul$9001 I'll have only myself to blame.

I'm totally serious btw, I'm not a fan of censorship and don't want to have anything to di with a country that prohibits free speech.

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
"Fuck the what?"

"Fine: $100"

"What the fuck is this shit?"

"Fine: $ 300"

"I'm not paying it!"

"Then you go to jail."

"Fine I'll pay it... *****.

"Fine: $ 400"

"ARRGH!"

Yeah, I can see how that can cause trouble.

Kud

I'm stuck because demonic spider
Sep 29, 2009
Finally, I am so sick of people swearing so much.

Some people don't hate swearing, but when every single person is swearing non-stop all day everyday you get kinda sick of it.

So go on, bring the fines.

[sup]EDIT: Stop quoting me, I know that you guys don't like my opinion but coming back to this thread over and over just to see the people abusing me is not fun.[/sup]

slowpoke999

Sep 17, 2009
Furburt said:
Why Australia, of all places?

Every Australian I know swears like a sailor! Queensland must be low on money.

It's amazing, the Australians are the most laid back people I know, yet you're all run by wanna-be Stalins.
Your fucking right. At least I can sound like a badass in other countries, "I travelled across 3 borders for 10 days to escape the police""Whoah man what did you do assasinate the prime minister?""I said the word piss in a public restroom"

Griffolion

Elite Member
Aug 18, 2009
Its all down to whether or not you're near an individual with the power to give you the fine when you swear. In england if you swear near a police officer you get arrested and given a criminal record for public disorder.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
That's hilarious to me. It would seem that countries where church and state is separated (see U.S. and their abstinence only education) have a more religiously rigid government than countries in which they are not.

Antitonic

Enlightened Dispenser Of Truth!
Feb 4, 2010
Damn. No offense to the OP, but all the Queenslanders I know use pauses in their speech, or opportunities to breathe as a chance to use another swear word. Sounds like a golden opportunity for the government there, although it'll just go to upgrading some politician's flight plan.

"Here's a complimentary glass of champagne, Your Mayorness, someone in Brisbane just said 'piss'."

So what happens to people with Tourette's?

slowpoke999

Sep 17, 2009
AshPox said:
Finally, I am so sick of people swearing so much.

Some people don't hate swearing, but when every single person is swearing non-stop all day everyday you get kinda sick of it.

So go on, bring the fines.
Holy fucking shit go grow some balls, if you can't handle the cunting swearing go build your self a bloody bubble to cry in.

Sorry about that, but it seems I'm going to do twice as much swearing on the internet to make up for the lack of swearing IRL.Unless the Escapist mods crack down on me, then I'll have to do it all in my mind :(

Mr. Grey

I changed my face, ya like it?
Aug 31, 2009
Hmm... one more law to break when I visit a country. This one is going to be fun, a lot of fun.

Germany first though... I'm unfurling the Jolly Roger for Germany, I'll also probably goosestep while mentioning the eeriness that Germany is acting like a bunch of Pacifistic Nazis, but Nazis all the same when regarding to their history. Yeah, you fecked up... what nation hasn't? But the thing that separates us from Germany is that we don't hide what we did... we only do that if we win. They're just being sore losers.

After that though, your state is going to be stinking rich unless I can persuade my Embassy to let me go. Then your state is out of luck.

Oh! And that Germany thing... yeah, that's been on my Bucket List for a long time. I just don't want to forget.

Vampire cat

Apocalypse Meow
Apr 21, 2010
Heheheh.... I live in Norway, we were born to swear. Well, in some parts of the country ;). If there ever is a law fobidding it there will be a revolution. I don't doubt it Oo.

the_tramp

May 16, 2008
It's a breach of the peace. I can see why they've done it as some people find offensive language objectable and therefore a breach of their peace.

Queensland police are to be given the power to issue on-the-spot public nuisance fines, including fines for swearing in public, to drunken louts across the state.

As far as I know, every place has the right to arrest someone for a breach of the peace and I've seen many a video from UK and US tv police shows where the police officer warns a person, to which they are promptly told to f*** off, and then they arrest them for a breach of the peace.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
That unfortunate for you. I'm also not a huge fan of censorship, but I do see where they are coming from. I doubt it'll be heavily enforced, just don't swear near the cops/peace officers.

Capt. Crankypants

Jan 6, 2010
You guys really don't need to worry about this shit. You're all thinking with passion rather than your heads. This isn't going to be used as a tool to piss people off, this is so that A) The magistrates are no longer clogged with petty offences. B) Police have some methods to resort to if they get abuse hurled at them on the street, and by god there is ALOT of that.

You guys have very little to worry about. Believe me, if this power is abused in any way, the civil libertarians will make sure it gets completely axed.

Thats right. Hate me for being sensible.

EDIT: Yes, I'm an Australian, yes, I live in queensland, yes, I support this movement.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
HA! In Canada (maybe just Alberta), there's a $250 fine for littering. Just don't swear in public (like how we can't litter), and you won't get fined.

Blackjack 222

Dec 2, 2009
Mr. Grey said:
Hmm... one more law to break when I visit a country. This one is going to be fun, a lot of fun.

Germany first though... I'm unfurling the Jolly Roger for Germany, I'll also probably goosestep while mentioning the eeriness that Germany is acting like a bunch of Pacifistic Nazis, but Nazis all the same when regarding to their history. Yeah, you fecked up... what nation hasn't? But the thing that separates us from Germany is that we don't hide what we did... we only do that if we win. They're just being sore losers.

After that though, your state is going to be stinking rich unless I can persuade my Embassy to let me go. Then your state is out of luck.

Oh! And that Germany thing... yeah, that's been on my Bucket List for a long time. I just don't want to forget.
Someday i will go there run down the streets swearing my ass off, until i reach the safety of the US embassy(wait you have one and its our safe zone right?)