Homeless man gets 15 years in jail for 100$, CEO gets 40 months for 3 Billion.

Sep 17, 2009
katsumoto03 said:
America: Land of the free, home of the brave.
Ugh, like America is the only country where stuff like this happens?

OT: The justice system is flawed, it is terrible and disgusting what happened to that man. And only 40 months for stealing 3 billion...i just don't get it

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
The homeless guy did threaten the teller saying that he had a gun, he didn't really, but in some places I believe that still counts as an armed robbery which is considered far worse than fraud. He may have previous convictions too.

Now I'm not saying it's necessarily "right" from a moral point of view, but in the eyes of the law he did committed a worse crime. This is ideally one of those situations where the judge shows some leniency considering the story. But ultimately people can't go around robbing banks even if they say sorry afterwards.

WouldYouKindly

Apr 17, 2011
The truly disgusting part is mr. 3 billion there will spend his time in a minimum security federal facility. It's basically a country club that you can't leave with worse food.

The poor homeless man will have 15 years in a state prison where he'll be lucky to not get beaten or ass raped on a daily basis.

If anyone deserves an ass raping, it's mr. 3 billion.

RingaFiar

Mar 12, 2011
Get the impression this is one of those topics that's going to make you feel disgusted, or say "can I have more information please?"

Personally would like more info...otherwise it's a thread that gives you the bear minimum of information.

For all I know his previous record includes drowning puppies, or saving oprhans from a burning building.

Judging by the sentence he's got it's the former, but seriously, I have no idea.

theheroofaction

Jan 20, 2011
Why is the punishment harsh for mr. Nohome?

Because a robbery is, "theft through the use or threat of lethal force"

Lethal force by the way, is the type that kills people.

so yeah, while I will say moneybags got off easy, so did mr.Nohome.

sharpsheppard

Sep 28, 2010
did the homless guy have a weapon with him cause that would explain the differce in time its not how much take but how you get it usely way higer sentaces for using a weapon. thow it's moronic that 3 billion is such a low sentace

SillyBear

May 10, 2011
Jabberwock xeno said:
I call bullshit. 15 years for robbery without a weapon? Nonsense. Not a chance that would happen, it can't happen.

Also, there is no source to confirm this. I googled around and did some digging and the source is a blog website. It's all a fake. There isn't one credible source to confirm this even happened.

So don't be disgusted, this didn't happen.
theheroofaction said:
Why is the punishment harsh for mr. Nohome?

Because a robbery is, "theft through the use or threat of lethal force"

Lethal force by the way, is the type that kills people.

so yeah, while I will say moneybags got off easy, so did mr.Nohome.
How the fuck is 15 years prison "getting off easy" for stealing $100 and turning yourself in the very next day?

The story is fake, but if it wasn't, I'd be really concerned about the type of rhetoric you're expressing here.

tehroc

Jul 6, 2009
open trap said:
Couldn't you argue that the homeless man is possably better off in Prison? Free food, a place to sleep, showers, water etc. I give him props for feeling bad and turning himself in. I like that bit.
Obviously you have never been incarcerated for an extended period of time.

Grafin Drachen

Jun 20, 2010
vivalahelvig said:
It's cuz he's black isn't it?
I kid, thats really screwed up, if you put it in comparison, the CEO should be getting....well, a few thousand years. The homeless guy DID rob a bank, but he took about enough money to fill a Hummer's gas tank.
With the price of gas in some places, you might only get 1/4 of a tank on that hummer...

In all honesty, we don't know every circumstance in the case, but presented as-is, and if those where the only facts, it seems a bit harsh.

goronlink8

Mar 30, 2011
He is homeless and hungry.
Jail gives you shelter and food.
It probably turned out better this way.

I wonder if the judge thought about and acting on it for his good actions. :p (Probably not, but I try not to lose faith in humans)

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
While trying to look on the bright side, what's better for the homeless man: starving to death in a cold damp alley or being fed every day in a warm, dry prison? I know it's prison, but I'm sure this is more of a gift to the homeless guy than a punishment.
However, the CEO thing is screwed up.

Dusquad

Sep 3, 2009
That's it, I'm done. I am going to renounce my American citizenship as soon as possible. I hate my homeland.