Homeworld Remastered Site Launches; Fan Input Still Wanted

GothmogII

Possessor Of Hats
Apr 6, 2008
I remember reading about this. And still, I don't think the cutscenes need any changes or updates especially, although, unless it's regarding the in-game ones, as the comic book style interludes are damn near perfect. But I would perhaps like to see the destruction of Kharak ingame. :3

mattaui

Oct 16, 2008
I really enjoyed this game back in the day, glad to see it's getting some more love.

Zipa

batlh bIHeghjaj.
Dec 19, 2010
GothmogII said:
I remember reading about this. And still, I don't think the cutscenes need any changes or updates especially, although, unless it's regarding the in-game ones, as the comic book style interludes are damn near perfect. But I would perhaps like to see the destruction of Kharak ingame. :3
It showed it briefly in an in engine cutscene, and yeah changing the comic style interludes would ruin the atmosphere of the game which was amazing. I will never forget the first time you get attacked.

Also this is one of the few games I would be happy to buy a collectors edition for, it takes me back to the huge manual full of lore that you got with the game originally.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Homeworld is a great series with great games. I'd love to see an update version with high res graphics, modern machine support, and all that other jazz.

That said, I still refuse to pay full price for a re-release of a 15 year old game. Make it $10 - $20 and we're in business.

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
Weaver said:
Homeworld is a great series with great games. I'd love to see an update version with high res graphics, modern machine support, and all that other jazz.

That said, I still refuse to pay full price for a re-release of a 15 year old game. Make it $10 - $20 and we're in business.
According to the site, the Collecter's edition will run $75-100 depending on the model. Given the content of the CE will include game codes and other swag as well as the model, I would estimate that the final cost for just the two remastered games will be around $30-40.

OT: I'm voting for the die cast model I want to see if I can put it in my office like it's an award.

direkiller

Dec 4, 2008
Weaver said:

I think most of the price is in the gubbens
EvE's battleship replicas ran about the same price

Haakmed

Oct 29, 2010
gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme!!!!! Here is my money just make this happen and I may even forgive you for Colonial marines!

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Oh God, no. Whenever Gearbox go anywhere near old franchises the whole project ends in a train wreck. They murdered Duke Nukem, they sodomized Aliens... looks like Homeworld is next in line. Damn shame. :(

Xeorm

Apr 13, 2010
I love that the website, simple as it is, doesn't work right. (The huge and unnecessary bar on the bottom obscures text, and it's not like they let you scroll properly.)

Hope the final product looks good though, I might pick it up someday when it goes on sale. Don't really want to pay $30-$40 for a game I pretty much already own.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
I wish that Homeworld 2, good as it is, was able to stand up to the original. It just doesn't have the story chops, or the tactical control of the first game. Don't get me wrong, it's still good, and the music is incredible, but it doesn't have the same punch of the original. Here's hoping that this remake does the game justice.

frizzlebyte

Oct 20, 2008
Xeorm said:
I love that the website, simple as it is, doesn't work right. (The huge and unnecessary bar on the bottom obscures text, and it's not like they let you scroll properly.)

Hope the final product looks good though, I might pick it up someday when it goes on sale. Don't really want to pay $30-$40 for a game I pretty much already own.
Thing is, financial incentive to update old games for new platforms and OSes, in addition to creating new ones in the series, is reduced with this kind of behavior. Not saying it's the wrong kind of behavior, just that such an effect is there and should be taken into consideration. If they don't screw up the remake (and replacing the comic-style cinematics with another style would *not* constitute a significant one, IMHO, although it would be disappointing), I'll be happy to shell out full-price for a modern update to one of my favorite series of all time.

I suspect the future of Homeworld 3 is in the balance, after all.

KouDy

Dec 31, 2010
*throwing money at the monitor* Why is nothing happening.

I really hope it's going to be as great as i remember in new graphics.

x EvilErmine x

Cake or death?!
Apr 5, 2010
System specs!! I want system specs! It's not even a question of weather I'm getting these, that's a given. Weather or not I can ruin them on my knackered old PC is. Not into the collectors special editions, I've never been into that sort of thing but I am so getting these when they come out.

So meany great memories of those games, now all we need is a decent MechWarrior game (HD remaster of 3 anyone?) and then I think it'd be quite possible for me to never touch a console again.

Cecilo

Nov 18, 2011
Soviet Heavy said:
I wish that Homeworld 2, good as it is, was able to stand up to the original. It just doesn't have the story chops, or the tactical control of the first game. Don't get me wrong, it's still good, and the music is incredible, but it doesn't have the same punch of the original. Here's hoping that this remake does the game justice.
Thing is, there was not supposed to be a Homeworld 2, the Woman that was stuck inside the ship, was supposed to die at the end of Homeworld Cataclysm, Sierra chose not to for a sequel, going against the wishes of the Story creators.

The team that made the story of Homeworld, is actually now working on Sword of the Stars, which while not having the best releases, has awesome story and large amounts of lore.

cerebus23

May 16, 2010
ITs gb so wait for reviews do not pre order :p.

dnf acm unless its got the words border and lands in the title gb shows it loves to rape IPs.