Honest Game Trailers: Banjo Kazooie

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Banjo Kazooie

From the developers of practically nothing worthwhile since 2002 comes the platformer that's probably the best thing in Rare Replay because it doesn't have GoldenEye or Donkey Kong

Watch Video

Mugiwara

May 29, 2015
I got RR and I have no regrets, aside from it messed up my dashboard. For whatever reason ALL the games showed up on the dashboard and caused a glitch where the screen icons read. MS Resource Display Name. To busy playing like an 8 year old anti social child to worry about it though. S'cuse me I have talking money and puzzle pieces to collect.

P.s. Conker Live and Reloaded Multiplayer DLC please.

Twinrehz

May 19, 2014
Country
Norge
It plays like a better version of SM64, because SM64 had SHITTY camera controls that got on my nerves every chance it got. At least Banjo-Kazooie allowed you to move the camera around. And unlike Ocarina of Time that has NO camera control, you have to use the Z-targeting (which actually, when I think about it, is STILL better than SM64 camera controls). Also Banjo-Kazooie are charming, unlike Mario.

Also, do Civilization 5 (or Beyond Earth). (You're on the escapist now? Man, they're letting anyone into here now!)

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
I heard somewhere that the N64 version of Banjo Tooie had a terrible framerate (which I don't recall), and that the RR version has fixed that. Anyone know?

Also, why does the front page banner for this episode feature the chunky character designs from Nuts & Bolts rather than the beloved low-rez classics?

Twinrehz

May 19, 2014
Country
Norge
Silvanus said:
I heard somewhere that the N64 version of Banjo Tooie had a terrible framerate (which I don't recall), and that the RR version has fixed that. Anyone know?
I'm not entirely sure what the RR version is, but if it's the one for X360, then yeah, the frame rate issues have been resolved. I remember reading something about the issue, but I don't recall what the source of the frame rate problems for the N64 version was. I think it's on wikipedia.

EDIT: Ah, the RR is a collector pack for Xbone. I would assume it has the same games that were released for X360, so they should be good.

EffectiveKill

Feb 22, 2010
Darth_Payn said:
Just let me know if RR has Conker's Bad Fur Day in it, and we're square.
Rare Replay does have Conker's Bad Fur day as well as almost every other rare game ever made, it also seems they fixed some of the frame rates some of these games had.

Alcom1

Jun 19, 2013
Silvanus said:
I thought most N64 games had terrible frame rates. The only N64 game I know running at 60fps is F-Zero X.