Honest Game Trailers: Call of Duty: Black Ops

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Call of Duty: Black Ops

From the guys who've done nothing but crank these suckers out for half a decade, comes the blockbuster action you know and love from the Modern Warfare series, only this time it has a totally different... developer!

Watch Video

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
I'm still confused as to whether the Modern and Advanced warfare titles are in the same timeline as World at War and the Black Ops games.

Devieus

Jul 30, 2014
Blops are the best CoD games, but that's like saying brown is the best color for shit. Treyarch should probably stop wasting their talent and make a game that isn't Call of Duty.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Zontar said:
I'm still confused as to whether the Modern and Advanced warfare titles are in the same timeline as World at War and the Black Ops games.
As far was I can tell MW and the WaW/Blops series are completely seperate timelines, and AW and Ghosts are pretty much standalone(I could be wrong about Ghosts. I can't be bothered to buy it).

Unless there's some incredibly subtle clue that I missed. Frankly, I was kinda hoping there would be at least an indirect tie in between AW and MW, like someone just dropping Makarov's or Price's name once, or mentioning the nuclear bomb/the Russian-NATO war. But so far, nothing.

Even the WW2 games are indirectly tied to the MW series through Capt. Price, who either had a grandfather with an identical mustache or Price just can't die.