Honest Game Trailers: DOTA 2

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
DOTA 2

From the company that sells you the mods you used to get for free, and the developer equivalent of Banksy comes the game that put the e-sports in ESPN.

Watch Video

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
It's not a MOBA, it's an Aeon of Strife Styled Fortress Assault Game Going On Two Sides.

Wiggum Esquilax

Apr 22, 2015
Silentpony said:
I can see this one getting a lot of hate. DOTA fans are more rabid and defensive than Supernatural fans.
Good. The more time they spend defending their hobby, the less time they spend hurling invective at strangers.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Silentpony said:
I can see this one getting a lot of hate. DOTA fans are more rabid and defensive than Supernatural fans.
They're really not. ...well, that's a lie. Some definitely are. But it's really a case of the vocal minority again. It's just that the only ones you hear are the rabid ones, because the sane ones don't really give a shit and doesn't join the inane youtube dota vs. lol flamewars.

EMWISE94

Aug 22, 2013
Pssh, getting reported for sometimes not playing your best is way too common. Like my last match where some dude tried to get everyone to report me because I played a not so great Clockwerk, I mean yeah I built a pipe and kept forgetting to use it and then there was the part at the end when the enemy team were pretty much wrecking base and somebody was pinging me like crazy cause he wanted me to go in... and what? Die? the enemy teams all there and there NO WAY Clockwerk's gonna make a difference in a 5v2 with a Chaos Knight without a heart.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
EMWISE94 said:
Pssh, getting reported for sometimes not playing your best is way too common. Like my last match where some dude tried to get everyone to report me because I played a not so great Clockwerk, I mean yeah I built a pipe and kept forgetting to use it and then there was the part at the end when the enemy team were pretty much wrecking base and somebody was pinging me like crazy cause he wanted me to go in... and what? Die? the enemy teams all there and there NO WAY Clockwerk's gonna make a difference in a 5v2 with a Chaos Knight without a heart.
Yeah, you tend to meet the best kinds of people in the 1 to 3k MMR trench. It's that magical place where people have started to understand how the game works and have started to have some gameplay skill. A lot of people there think they're a lot better than they are love to rag on people.

Geisterkarle

Dec 27, 2010
Silentpony said:
We can call ourselves lucky that this was not about League Of Legends!

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Geisterkarle said:
Silentpony said:
They already did that one. :p

Denamic said:
But it's really a case of the vocal minority again.
And as this video points out: that minority just happens to be Russian. :3

Come on, people, it's a joke...lighten up a bit. :p

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
Omni wasn't doing his job in not warding.

>aaaaaaaaaaaaaand muted

You forgot to add the Brazilians. I heard the US servers are occassionally plagued by them.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
RJ 17 said:
Geisterkarle said:
Silentpony said:
It's not on the Escapist, so it must be one of their earlier YouTube videos.
Does HGT work like Game Theory? They play a video here that's already been on YouTube for half a year or so?

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Darth_Payn said:
RJ 17 said:
Geisterkarle said:
Silentpony said:
It's not on the Escapist, so it must be one of their earlier YouTube videos.
Does HGT work like Game Theory? They play a video here that's already been on YouTube for half a year or so?
Actually it's completely up-to-date. DOTA2 is the most recent one they've posted.

As you pointed out, though: we just don't have their entire backlog of episodes.

Silence

Living undeath to the fullest
Legacy
Sep 21, 2014
Country
Germany
Silentpony said:
Your comment is a trap.

But the thing about arguing about LoL vs Dota is true. Dota is obviously and objectively better, of course.

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
Thanks for reminding me why I play Heroes of the Storm instead :)

My heart sinks as a Support in DotA2 when someone picks Riki. I have to buy detection in addition to wards and a courier.

I have to do that as any role, because no one buys those things.