Honest Game Trailers: Halo

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Halo

From the developer of three separate franchises about mass-murdering aliens, comes the series that launched the Xbox, pushed the Xbox 360- to new heights, and came out way too late to make the Xbox One relevant.

Watch Video

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
Space Voldemort should totally have been that dude's name.

Sometimes I wonder if I missed out by only playing the game single player, then something like this comes along and reminds me why I skipped multiplayer in the first place.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
a series i still like to play but nope, they just decided to kick us pc players in the ass and leave us with the only 2 games of a trilogy. really well done there. like giving us part 3 is really a crime. how M$ forced every pc gamer out there to get vista to play halo 2 but cant be bothered to release part 3.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Really laughed at calling two weapons and regenerating health "innovations". I swear that part quoted Yahtzee. Could have used another dig at CoD.

Jacked Assassin

Nothing On TV
Jun 4, 2010
Unless you honestly like running away in a Warthog.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I played Halo: CE when it first hit PC and this reminds me that I didn't really see what the fuss what about then and still don't. I'll also admit that MP means nothing to me(other then annoyance and frustration).

Solkard

Sep 29, 2014
Darth_Payn said:
Really laughed at calling two weapons and regenerating health "innovations". I swear that part quoted Yahtzee. Could have used another dig at CoD.
Well the review is of the HALO series in its entirety, which is credited with being the first to implement those things. You laugh at it now, because it's become mainstream. It's one of those things that no one thinks of doing, until someone actually does it; and then everyone thinks it's so obvious, it's not a big deal, save that no one actually did it before.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Solkard said:
Darth_Payn said:
Well the review is of the HALO series in its entirety, which is credited with being the first to implement those things. You laugh at it now, because it's become mainstream. It's one of those things that no one thinks of doing, until someone actually does it; and then everyone thinks it's so obvious, it's not a big deal, save that no one actually did it before.
What I meant was that drastically reducing the number of weapons you can carry and having to hide behind a chest-high wall to replenish health sound like huge steps BACKWARDS compared to what came before.

Darth Rosenberg

Oct 25, 2011
MarsAtlas said:
In fairness PC didn't miss out on much with that. Halo 3 was the weakest campaign of the trilogy
I'd disagree with that. I played from the very beginning, and I think all campaigns had their issues and strengths. Simple preferences for plot or settings play a part in what a players favourite campaign is, as well. So for me, 3 has a few of my favourite scenes in the series (the very opening up to Chief 'waking', the callback to the promise from 2 and that whole scene where Chief reunites with Cortana. and I loved the end, too).

3 added Theatre mode and screenshots, so it was one hell of a feature rich instalment as well.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
This trailer really wasn't all that accurate at all but I laughed anyway.

Darth Rosenberg said:
MarsAtlas said:
In fairness PC didn't miss out on much with that. Halo 3 was the weakest campaign of the trilogy
I'd disagree with that. I played from the very beginning, and I think all campaigns had their issues and strengths. Simple preferences for plot or settings play a part in what a players favourite campaign is, as well. So for me, 3 has a few of my favourite scenes in the series (the very opening up to Chief 'waking', the callback to the promise from 2 and that whole scene where Chief reunites with Cortana. and I loved the end, too).

3 added Theatre mode and screenshots, so it was one hell of a feature rich instalment as well.
This. Halo 3 added more content to the series than any other game, hands down. MAYBE Reach but Reach had a lot of stuff stripped from it too. Although to be a little fair, that's just combat wise.

Halo 3 added:

Theater
Forge
File Share
Equipment
2 More Types of Grenades
5 New Weapons + 4 New "Mounted" Weapons
6 New Drivable Vehicles
Veto System for Matchmaking
11 New Maps (Some of which are the best for Halo I've seen in, well, ever.)
2 New Gametypes
Much More Custom Game Options
Customizable Armor
New Enemies
And of course, better graphics and sound

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
Darth_Payn said:
Tell me about it. Back in MY day we could stuff our pockets with 40+ weapons and run around blowing up some pretty deadly bots in multiplayer. I'll take those over whiny 8 year olds any day.

JagerBombastic

Mar 3, 2014
Red Vs Blue the video game,I actually want that now.

Playing as Griff in Griffball would be the best thing ever!