Honest Game Trailers: Heavy Rain

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Heavy Rain

From the developers of games so European it hurts - comes the interactive fiction that set out to prove once and for all that games could be hard. But just ended up a weird mashup of LA Noire and the Saw franchise - Heavy Rain.

Watch Video

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
I can't stand quick-time events! And I'm still amazed they make games completely out of them. If there is one way to suck out any elegance as well as make it look extremely shallow, this is the way to do it. But hell, it's trying to be dark and mysterious so it gets a free pass I guess.

I stopped watching Honest Trailers since it wasn't doing much for me, but this was alright. It reminded me that I'm glad this game exists now because of the SHAWWWWN glitch.

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
Usually, I'm quick to pick up some things in crime stories. But the reveal in 'Heavy Rain' came out of left field for me and got me depressed for about two days. I felt completely betrayed by X.

No matter the common opinion about David Cage's stuff: For me, this game had an emotional impact similar to only few others (i.e. Metal Gear Solid 3, Final Fantasy 7, Journey, Lost Odyssey).

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Xerosch said:
Usually, I'm quick to pick up some things in crime stories. But the reveal in 'Heavy Rain' came out of left field for me and got me depressed for about two days. I felt completely betrayed by X.

No matter the common opinion about David Cage's stuff: For me, this game had an emotional impact similar to only few others (i.e. Metal Gear Solid 3, Final Fantasy 7, Journey, Lost Odyssey).
And at least this game does have concequences for your actions AND have multiple endings (Mass Effect 3 should have take notes from this game)

And I personally think that was the point of the quick time events, You fail a quick time event, you live with it.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Huh, so that's why Yahtzee thought that FBI guy was a time-traveler from the future, visiting the late 90's or early 2000's.

Spider RedNight

There are holes in my brain
Oct 8, 2011
This was the first game I played on the PS3 (and I thought I did pretty good considering "OH GOD WHAT BUTTON IS THAT") and I really liked it.

Yeahhhh it's kind of... not perfect and the only character I really got into was Aygent Nahman Jaden, FBI but I did think there was weight to the decisions and some of the angles and effects were pretty good.

Nazrel

May 16, 2008
I liked the game, but I call shenanigans on the reveal.

You're not allowed to not show an event the player clearly would have witnessed!