Honest Game Trailers: Injustice Gods Among Us

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Injustice Gods Among Us

From the company that desperately wants you to forget the first time they tried this, comes a game that finally lets you recreate the action figure battles you had as a kid - as long as you didn't own any Marvel toys: Injustice: Gods Among Us.

Watch Video

nightowlc

Nov 5, 2008
Is it just me, or does Wonder Woman look awfully mannish in that video? She only appears a couple times briefly in the video, so maybe in the game she's not quite that square-jawed and her shoulders don't look quite as broad and square and wider than her hips?

monkeymangler

Feb 9, 2016
nightowlc said:
Is it just me, or does Wonder Woman look awfully mannish in that video? She only appears a couple times briefly in the video, so maybe in the game she's not quite that square-jawed and her shoulders don't look quite as broad and square and wider than her hips?
It's the NetherRealm Engine. Everyone looks like that.

I liked the game as a fun little party fighter, but I have to ask...

Why does Raven sound like Brian Blessed gargling gravel?

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
By coincidence, this game is on sale on Steam for $5 right now. I just bought it. Most of the negative reviews seem to be based around the online player vs player content, which really isn't an issue for me.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Ya know my biggest grief with this game is Raven.

I just can't stand that design.

monkeymangler

Feb 9, 2016
Tanis said:
Ya know my biggest grief with this game is Raven.

I just can't stand that design.
Seriously. The growly voice, she looks like she's 60, even her alternate costumes look like crap.

Tara Freaking Strong was on the voice cast? WHY DIDN'T SHE VOICE HER (LIKE SHE DID BEFORE)?

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
monkeymangler said:
Seriously. The growly voice, she looks like she's 60, even her alternate costumes look like crap.

Tara Freaking Strong was on the voice cast? WHY DIDN'T SHE VOICE HER (LIKE SHE DID BEFORE)?
Because DC has a deep-seated fear of money and success.

OT: I played through the story mode for one of the free weekends, and I think I might actually buy it right now for the steam sale. It wasn't a bad game, but then again I didn't touch the online multiplayer. I don't need that kind of punishment.

I really liked harley quinn's part in the story, though; for being one of those stupid multiverse stories on the whole it had some good ideas and really ran with them.