Honest Game Trailers: Pokemon Diamond & Pearl

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Pokemon Diamond & Pearl

From the studio that's pretty much just a toy company by now, comes the fourth generation comes the alchemecal wonder that turns children's dreams into cold hard cash.

Watch Video

JCAll

Oct 12, 2011
See, now you've done it. You've encouraged the the MLP fandom. The internet will be flooded with erotic Arceus crossover fics for months now.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
The video is fun and all, especially the made up name segment. However, there is that one phrase that just gets my goat. "They are running out of ideas." I know it's a comedy video and all, but the more you look into newer Pokemon the more you realize just as much, if not, more effort went into designing them than the older ones.

Hopefully when they do Gen 5, they will mention that it actually shook up the story formula, something the video mentions as a problem with the newer games. Which they won't, of course. They will most likely harp on the fact there is an ice cream Pokemon, and thus declare the whole generation as terrible compared to the "sacred" early ones.

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
I feel like there could have been more to say about the game, but since I haven't played it I could be wrong.

Loved the "Starring" bit, though. "Probably Australian" ha.

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
Can't believe I watched the entire thing.Also I wonder if there is some sort of time to high ratio that determines how long it takes you to come up with those names for pokemon.

Like if you smoke 3 blunts it would take you an hour to name them all, but if you smoked only one it would take you three hours....

Objectable

Oct 31, 2013
Hero of Lime said:
The video is fun and all, especially the made up name segment. However, there is that one phrase that just gets my goat. "They are running out of ideas." I know it's a comedy video and all, but the more you look into newer Pokemon the more you realize just as much, if not, more effort went into designing them than the older ones.
No no no! Gen 1 is a perfect specimin of amazing and nothing can compete! They obviously had the most creative designs, like the three blob monsters, or the ball that turns into a slightly larger ball that can't learn surf despite being less dense than water.

voltair27

Apr 9, 2012
Honestly, I like Gen IV's Pokemon Best. They were still pretty creative and interesting. Palkia being Water/Dragon was stupid though.

Things really started getting weird with Gen V.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
MarsAtlas said:
"I need about three fitty"

How is this still a thing? Not complaining, just wondering since its like 15 years old now.
its 15 years old? i heard it last time last year. its way younger than Doge and thats still a thing (microsoft was using Doge pictures as a handout at latest conference. Yes, that microsoft).