Honest Game Trailers: The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess

From the masters of selling your own childhood back to you piece by piece, comes the Zelda game that makes the world's most respected game designer do THIS. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

Watch Video

Jacked Assassin

Nothing On TV
Jun 4, 2010
This became my favorite LoZ. Then Skyrim happened.

Yeah, so I guess LoZ can go back to looking like Charlie Brown or whatever.
Because I doubt I'll buy another Nintendo console.

bificommander

Apr 19, 2010
This one is tied with OoT as my favourite LoZ. The difference for me is, OoT's story is pretty basic, but it gets everything it can out of the setup. TP's narrative aims higher, but doesn't stick the landing and feels like it has some missed potential. As the trailer said, Zant is a pretty neat, scary villain, but then they turn him into a total buffoon right as the bossfight begins, just so you don't feel too disappointed when he gets replaced by Ganon. (And let's face it, TP should be called the Legend of Midna. Zelda is in it for, what, 15 minutes?)

TP's water temple isn't nearly as big a pain in the ass though.

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
The worst thing about this game IMO wasn't even mentioned: the required hidden stuff.
As in, two dungeons require you to search behind a pillar and behind a fogfall (like a waterfall but clearly something to avoid). That's some OG Water Temple sh**.

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
Xman490 said:
The worst thing about this game IMO wasn't even mentioned: the required hidden stuff.
As in, two dungeons require you to search behind a pillar and behind a fogfall (like a waterfall but clearly something to avoid). That's some OG Water Temple sh**.
To make matters worse, one of those dungeons can only be completed if you have collected every piece of equipment in the game. Pity the fool that didn't have the double hook shot when they went in (hint, it was me).

Valkrex

Elder Dragon
Jan 6, 2013
Still going to be that guy who says Okami is the only good Zelda game.

Opinion anyway, for whatever reason I can never get into this series and yet somehow I know all of its conventions and love similar games such as... well Okami, Darksiders, and Metroid.