Honor Among Thieves - A Dishonored RP [Closed]

Avayu

Apr 15, 2009
Zelia's words seemed to have caused the confidence of the two crooks to totter. The next grunt of the big one sounded more questioning, as if he was asking his brother what to do. His brother did not back down yet, though.

?You are a liar. You all are! A pretty boy like you doesn't leave his house without a bag of coins.?

?She's right,?, Fink responded, ?I don't have the money with me. Listen, just put the gun down and let the boy go, and then we can talk. I'll pay the drinks.?

Seeing even a hint of doubt in the eyes of the thugs had given him hope to get through this situation without spilling any blood. Now this was just like in court, two sides lying at each other, fighting with words, and he thought he had seen the attorneys Haken and Wolfe often enough to know how do that. Concerning his employers, it wouldn't have been unlike them to sent someone to watch him, but they certainly hadn't told him.

On the other side of the room, the brute seemed rather unimpressed with Collin's plea. Compassion was a rather abstract concept to him and his brain wasn't good with abstractions. He raised his left arm a little bit, trying to put pressure on Collin's neck, to squeeze all breath of him and to make him stop talking. But then he thought to hear the low patter of little feet and a tiny squeak. From the corner of his eye, he believed to see a rat's tail scurrying away behind his back. Instead of a grunt, the next sound out of his mouth was rather more a squeal. He jerked, pressing Collin even closer against him, but then held him a little bit more loosely.

This distracted his brother for a fraction of a moment, in which he turned half-around. But the smaller crook quickly regained his focus, turning back and raising his weapon again, though not as high as before. This wasn't going as he had planned, but he wasn't the kind to just let go.

?No, I won't put the gun down. Give me a good reason why I should! There's still something to get here and I won't go with empty hands.?

sage42

Elite Member
Mar 20, 2009
Heh, I'll give it to her, she knows how to fast talk. Thought before putting a crestfallen look on her face. Not leavin huh? Guess that's a no to the drink." She said with a shrug. She looked at the smaller crook, a gleam in her eye. "Well, if you won't take the drink....how bout the glass?" She asked chucking the glass with all her might at the smaller crooks head before drawing her knife from her coat and aiming to tackle the man to the ground.

Okay so this is a little scenario that popped into my head a couple days ago. If there's any objections I will edit my post to change Gen's actions.

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
That the pair had done something didn't surprise Silas, that they did something so monumentally stupid right off the bat did. Hell, I didn't think they were THAT small time... He thought. When the smaller one demanded the money, it was all he could do to not laugh. Anybody with half a brain knows you don't actually bring the coin with you when you're offering a job...fuckin' amateurs.

Even so, as nobody had really threatened, or tried to rob him, he was content to see how it would all play out. All that changed when Gen threw the glass at the little one. Always capitalize on a opening. He though, springing into action. Pushing himself back he stood rapidly, while drawing his pistol. Levelling it at the larger ones head, he spoke in an icy flat tone. "Let the kid go nice and smooth, and you might live through this"

Avayu

Apr 15, 2009
The smaller one had half turned around towards Gen when she threw the heavy beer glass, allowing it to him smack-bang in the middle of his forehead. His skin burst open like a Morley blood-sausage that had been in hot water for too long. A shot rang, harmlessly going into the ceiling. The crook was hit by Gen, stumbled and went down, hitting his back on the table. With one hand he had to brace himself, his wrist making an ugly sound. But the other one still held on to the gun.

His brother meanwhile looked into the barrel of another gun. The expression on his face was one of confusion. Someone else than his brother was giving him orders. He turned to his brother in a silent question, but still didn't let go of the boy, keeping his cleaver close to his neck.

But the small leader had by now finally realised that they had lost. There was nothing he could do to turn this around again, they could only cut their losses. He got the gun up again. His vision was clouded by his own blood, but he managed to point it at Gen, who was only a few feet in front of him.

?Let us go!?, he shouted while blood dripped down his nose, ?And nobody else will get hurt. Just keep you damn money and your bloody boxes.?

sage42

Elite Member
Mar 20, 2009
Gen stopped a few feet from the barrel. A smirk had crept onto her face when she heard a meaty thunk from where the glass had hit him. "Now if ya had just done that in the first place, you wouldn't be in the shape your in." She motioned towards the door with a tilt of her head. "Get out, we'll make sure to explain to the fine owner who put a bullet in his ceiling." Her eyes flicked towards the bigger of the two, making sure he dropped the boy.

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
Collin was fighting the urge to struggle, it would be unnecessary considering what the other had just done, and the brute was more likely to cut his throat if he did so. He was still afraid, the feeling of cold steel against his throat did that, but now that the others had gained control of the situation that feeling was beginning to subside.

"B-better do what they s-say," he muttered to his captor "Less y-you want a m-matching head wound." He was aware of how pathetic the threat sounded with his fearful stammering, but he hoped it got the point across. Shot would be too good for him part of him thought.

wilcoblackflame

Mar 15, 2012
Zelia relaxed, her hand inside her coat to grab her own pistol once Silas drew his own. Happily though, as things played out, she wouldn't need to do so.

Instead she smiled, shrugged and looked around the room. "Well, I can't say I didn't warn you." Quietly, while the smaller crook was more than occupied with the blood and the pain, she murmured as an aside in Gen's direction. "Nice throw."

Avayu

Apr 15, 2009
The crook stood up, still keeping his gun levelled at Gen. His eyes darted through the room, making sure he wasn't the victim of another surprise attack. Under his beard, he was cursing them as he made his way back to the door. Once there, he gave a short nod to his brother. The brute followed almost immediately. Almost gently, he put Collin down and his weapon away. Then the two of them left as quickly as they had come, pressing themselves past the barkeeper, who had been alarmed by the noises from the back room.

The barkeeper gave Fink a questioning look, but after the young man told him that everything was good and that he would pay a little extra, he just closed the door without another word. Fink slumped back down in his chair, letting out a long sigh. A moment later, he looked up again.

?Thank you.?, he addressed them all, but he especially looked at Zelia, who he thought had done the most to defuse the situation. ?Of course we'll reimburse you all for this discomfort.?

He took another deep breath, until his hands stopped shaking. Then he began to gather his papers, folding them neatly and putting them in his dispatch case. With everything back where it belonged, he put on his hat and stood up. At the door, he turned around once more.

?Now, I'll leave you to your planning. I certainly don't know much about your dealings. So I wouldn't be of much help. I do know, though, that the estate district is basically in lockdown. Last I heard, they even had a few of these tallboys patrolling the streets. Everything to make sure the sleep of the aristocracy isn't disturbed. But I also heard that the Boyle estate is having a party next week. They are still looking for some help. Kitchen work, probably, decorations. Maybe that will help you.?

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
Collin dusted himself off, and stood giving a murderous glare at the two men as they left. He exhaled deeply calming down from the ordeal and turned back to the others.

"Thanks," he said quietly, they had managed to convince those two brutes to release him, so he did owe them that much.

"Now, I'll leave you to your planning. I certainly don't know much about your dealings. So I wouldn't be of much help. I do know, though, that the estate district is basically in lockdown. Last I heard, they even had a few of these tallboys patrolling the streets. Everything to make sure the sleep of the aristocracy isn't disturbed. But I also heard that the Boyle estate is having a party next week. They are still looking for some help. Kitchen work, probably, decorations. Maybe that will help you."

He wasn't sure how that helped them, he had never been to the estate district before, at least not that he remembered. Although he did remember that there was a canal leading up by the Boyle estate, at least he had heard there was.

"If we can get a boat I can take us up the canal into the district," he said, hoping he could seem useful after having ended up a hostage.

sage42

Elite Member
Mar 20, 2009
"Nice throw." Gen chuckled as then men left. "Thanks, years of fending off the guards with nothin but rocks and bottles teach that. And quick thinkin, with out you screwin with their minds like that, I wouldn't have gotten the throw." She said Zelia. "Names Genevieve by the way. Most people call me Gen."

"Now, I'll leave you to your planning. I certainly don't know much about your dealings. So I wouldn't be of much help. I do know, though, that the estate district is basically in lockdown. Last I heard, they even had a few of these tallboys patrolling the streets. Everything to make sure the sleep of the aristocracy isn't disturbed. But I also heard that the Boyle estate is having a party next week. They are still looking for some help. Kitchen work, probably, decorations. Maybe that will help you."

Gen couldn't help but groan at the mention of tallboys. "Ugh, of course. It had to be tallboys. Bastards make if hard enough to even make it into the district, let alone do anything in it." She pinched the bridge of her nose.

"If we can get a boat I can take us up the canal into the district." Gen looked at the kid, he was young, but so far it looked like he could at least come up with a decent entrance. "That might work, assuming we can get past the flood gate and avoid the spot lights. If it weren't for the hagfish I'd say swim."

An new idea formed in her head. She turned to Silas. "All right buddy. You say your the best thief in Dunwall? Here's a challenge from ya. How do we get into the district without being detected?" She asked with a smirk.

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
Silas was glad he didn?t have to shoot anyone, not because he was afraid to kill, but because he didn?t want to waste the bullet. Tucking the pistol away, he listened to the others speak.

"All right buddy. You say you?re the best thief in Dunwall? Here's a challenge for ya. How do we get into the district without being detected?"

"Off the top of my head? Not a fuckin' clue." He replied. "If the kid can get into the canal, I'm pretty sure I could get into the district...but the rest of you? Not a chance....you lot don't seem the type to be scaling drainpipes. Let me think a moment though"

Running ideas through his head, Silas began to pace the room. As he did so his pulled the knife from his belt again, absent-mindedly rolling it through his fingers as he walked. After a bit he stopped and faced the others. "How's this for a rough outline." He said, gesturing with the blade as he talked. "Gen, you see if you can get into the party as help, and you....Zelia get yourself all gussied up and go in as a guest. The way I figure it, if that box is worth so much coin, then this Brisby sod prob'ly has it locked up tight. Ladies your job is to get any key or safe combination he's got. If he's rich then he's got expensive locks and if I don't have to mess with them, the smoother things'll go."

Going to the doorway, he snagged a beer before continuing. "While you two ladies are trying roll Brisby, Collin'll slip me up the canal, where I'll take to the roofs to get to the Boyle's. Once you two've done your bits I'll nip over to Brisby's and bag the box. On my way out I'll set a distraction so you can slip the party, and I'll go back to Collin...how's that sound?"

wilcoblackflame

Mar 15, 2012
"A pleasure." Zelia smiled in response to Gen's introduction, before turnng her attention to Silas' plan.

"That's not a bad start." she mused, running it through in her head. "I can probably call in the few favours I have left around here with some of my old clients to get in the door and at least make it inside. Failing that there's always outright lying to give the impression my business is preparing to reopen somewhere, rather than being as up the river as it is. I don't think the Boyles and their higher class guests are likely to look too deeply into it. After all, as I said before. The nobles don't tend to care where their goods come from as long as they get them.

"As for Gen, I don't know who's in charge the hiring for the help, but if they start asking about references then we can always list my old company. It couldn't hurt given how much stuff I've sold to the types in the estate district."

She drained the glass of cider before finishing. "All in all I think it's rather good framework to go with at this stage."

Avayu

Apr 15, 2009
Fink seemed to be baffled by the plans laid out before him.

?No, no, I just meant that Boyle's party would be a good pretence for getting into the estate district as hired help. A masked ball like that takes days of preparation in advance, it's not just a fancy dress party. Lots of people coming and going. But you'd have to be crazy to think that you could just walk into the actual ball. People would kill for that privilege. What are you going to do, sign the guest book while you're already there??

The audacity those people showed made him gesticulate wildly. On the other hand, he couldn't deny that he was kind of jealous. Going to a party of Dunwall's high society was something a simple clerk in a law firm like him could only dream of. In the end, he decided that it was better for him to just leave.

?Oh well, I shouldn't meddle with your business. Lord Brisby will certainly be at the party. He is often seen around the Boyle women, though rumour has it neither Waverly nor Esma or Lydia like him, which is rare. Whatever you do, again, I have to thank you. I wish you the best of luck for your endeavour.?

With that, Fink took a small bow and then left, closing the door behind him once again.

As always, the players come up with a much better plan than the GM had thought of. Great idea, though a little bit more work for me. So yeah, I probably won't make it easy for you guys.

Also, and this could get get into spoiler-territory, if you have played the game, you might have met Brisby before. If you guys really want to go through with this plan, that is probably something to think about.

sage42

Elite Member
Mar 20, 2009
Heh the funny part is, since (so far) it looks like we'll be attending Lady Boyle's last party. I had planned to at one point write in the maid line when ever Corvo walks by one in game.

Gen arched an eyebrow. "Well...credit where credit is due for that one then. Better than swimming up the canal at least." She rubbed her chin. A maid huh? Ma would skin me if she were still around. "Well, all that's left to do now is to actually get in. I imagine it won't be that easy." She thought for a second and groaned. "Except I'll be contending with half of the remaining women in Dunwall for the job. I imagine the Boyle's are spoiled enough to spend a ridiculous amount for good help, that'll bring anybody who's not dying of the plague or working at the Golden Cat. Maybe even some of those." She scowled at that. Robbing nobles was tough enough without competition.

"Alright one last glass of liquid courage then I need to get moving. If I want to get in as a maid I need to start trying today. If any of you need to find me, I usually make my home by Bottle Street. Just tell any of the boys your looking for Mama Gen." She snorted. "Starting calling me that around the time......" Gen started before snapping her mouth shut. Sh quickly turned and headed into the main room of the Laughing Hagfish. She set down her last coin of ten. "Strongest of whatever that'll get me. I'll need it." She said without looking at the bartender.

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
Collin nodded, Silas's plan seemed sound to him, though he had so little experience with this sort of thing he doubted he was qualified to judge, a few things nagged at him though.

"What good is them getting the keys and codes while you're in his house? Seems like those would only be useful there and not when you're done with the place," he said, hoping the answer wasn't obvious to everyone but him. It was at least the only flaw he could see, although he wasn't sure he was looking forward to stealing the boat they'd need.

Well the Boyle's threw a lot of parties if I remember right, so it might be one before the Last... although if it is the Last then lets hope we don't end up running into high chaos Corvo.

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
"What good is them getting the keys and codes while you're in his house? Seems like those would only be useful there and not when you're done with the place."

Silas let out a bit of a sigh, he'd hoped he wouldn't have to explain all the details. "Like I said before, while the ladies are working the party I'll sneak into the Estate district through the canal. Once there I'll find a spot to watch the party. Once they have what we need, one of'em goes outside...to somewhere quiet, I slip over the fence grab the code or keys, make my way to Brisby's, grab the box and back to you in the boat."

Still pacing he stopped, snapped his fingers, and pointed at Collin. "Hey, when you get the boat, see if you can nick some fishing lines. After you drop me off, just move outside the flood gate, and drop a line...the Watch won't even look twice at you then."

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
"Hey, when you get the boat, see if you can nick some fishing lines. After you drop me off, just move outside the flood gate, and drop a line...the Watch won't even look twice at you then."

Collin nodded, the explanation made sense and while he still didn't relish the idea of stealing the boat, or sitting around waiting on the others for that matter, but it seemed a sound plan to him and he wasn't about to object. Lets hope nothing goes wrong, shouldn't be hard to swipe the boat just need to find one not being watched...

"I'll do that then," he said, starting to move slowly towards the door "I'll meet you here later then, when we start the job, unless you have a better place?"

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
Silas gave the kid a nod. "Sounds good." He said, before looking to the ladies. "I trust you two can work out the details on your end?" Finally putting his blade away, he finished his second beer. "Like the kid said, lets meet back here in a few days once we?ve got our shit together and square everything away...how does that sound?"

As he waited for the others thoughts he made a mental checklist of what he?d need to get. Rope, fishing weight, a pen and some paper, and a bomb for the distraction.

wilcoblackflame

Mar 15, 2012
Zelia nodded. "I should be able to manage getting things together on my end. I'll also make a point of drafting up some paperwork to attest to Gen's outstanding service record at old my company. It might not work of course, but it can't hurt to try giving her a bit of an edge over the other applicants."

She smiled and drained the last few drops from her glass of cider. "I'm afraid I should be heading off though. People to see, favours to call in if I'm going to get everything I need together in time."

"I'll see you back here in a few days then." One last parting smile as she stood up and pulled her coat around herself. "Til then!"

And with that she made her way outside to head back to her apartment for some rest before beginning her preparations the next morning.

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
Collin left the bar and began to make his way to the docks, taking care to avoid being spotted overseers might be looking for me, could be anywhere, can't let them find me. Fortunately the watch paid him little mind and he was soon back at his old neighborhood. He knew it well, and with how hard the plague had hit it along with the rest of the city, finding an empty place to hide was easy. He just needed to hole up here for a few days and plan his boat theft, the rats barely troubled him and the previous inhabitants had left plenty of uneaten food.

It didn't take him long to spot the boat he would steal, its owner simply tied it down with a length of rope, and used it to go fishing in the afternoon so those supplies were already contained in it. He would need to swipe a spare tank of fuel before stealing it, after all if it was low on whale oil it might not be able to take them far enough. That proved more difficult, but he managed to swipe one under the nose of an unawares dockworker, stashing it in his makeshift abode.

It was the early hours of the morning, still dark out, when he made his move. He moved quietly down to where the boat was tied up, carrying the whale oil tank under his coat which looked rather bulky as a result. He carefully set it down, checking how much the boat had left half a tank, good. Then he swiftly went about untying the rope and getting the engine to start, it was a bit tricky but he knew his way around engines well enough to manage. As it roared to life and he took off down the waterway he felt bad about having stolen from a man that had been so trusting, not nearly bad enough to return the boat though and he swiftly made his way to the bar again deciding to sit in his new boat and wait for the others, it would be bad if it changed hands again so soon after all.