Horror games and health problems

i don't know

Feb 22, 2010
Hi, I'm a big horror fan, but lately scary moments get me light headed. Like I feel my heart make one large beat and then everything is numb for a few minutes. I really wanna do horror games for some of my future lets plays, but is that really a good idea, or is the numbness serious?

shogunblade

Apr 13, 2009
I think this question helps if we knew what games you were going to play. If it is Amnesia: The Dark Descent, Penumbra, ETC, I have nothing wrong with me as far as health conditions go and I don't want to play those games really. I truly believe they will be too scary (*cough* and I don't have a computer fast enough to run them *cough*).

But Stuff like Doom 3 or stuff, It depends on what scares you. If Jump Scares freak you out, I still don't know.

Play at your own risk I suppose. I'm sorry I haven't been much help. What games are you thinking of playing?

Garrett

Jul 12, 2012
If you want to play those games, play them. If you're worried that your health may go down because it's scary, stop being a pussy. Being worried definitely won't help you.

Scrustle

Apr 30, 2011
Light headedness and numbness don't sound good to me. I would avoid scary games if I were you. No idea what would be causing it but if it's a significant worry in general life I would see a doctor if I were you.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
Garrett said:
If you want to play those games, play them. If you're worried that your health may go down because it's scary, stop being a pussy. Being worried definitely won't help you.
Or, go to the doctor and see if you've got a latent heart condition that's being aggravated by all these frights?

AquaAscension

Sep 29, 2009
Loop Stricken said:
Garrett said:
Or, go to the doctor and see if you've got a latent heart condition that's being aggravated by all these frights?
What the pony said.

It's like asking your doctor if you're healthy enough for sex. Don't want to do it, but it would be worse to die in mid coitus than it would be to be told you need to get healthier in order to have sexy time.

OP: Ironically, if you're out of shape, games might be your reason to get into shape. And not die. Good luck, either way.

i don't know

Feb 22, 2010
I was actually playing Afraid of Monsters DC, since amnesia actually got boring believe it or not. Afraid of monsters and cry of fear have a liking for jump scares tho. I seen this meowing ghost girl come at me and I went completely numb. I thought I was gonna die. The feeling stayed for 10 minutes.

Best of the 3

Oct 9, 2010
If you're worried about it you should go see a doctor. Chances are it's something small, possibly diet or similar small things that can be fixed easily. But there's the chance it's something nasty like a heart condition. Best just to get a doc's view on it. Might help prevent something nasty.

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
i don said:
Hi, I'm a big horror fan, but lately scary moments get me light headed. Like I feel my heart make one large beat and then everything is numb for a few minutes. I really wanna do horror games for some of my future lets plays, but is that really a good idea, or is the numbness serious?
I'd go see a doctor about that dude, that's not normal.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Scrustle said:
Light headedness and numbness don't sound good to me. I would avoid scary games if I were you. No idea what would be causing it but if it's a significant worry in general life I would see a doctor if I were you.
This, definately. It's normal to have a fast heartbeat while playing a scary game, if it's really good you might even breath a little erratically, but the light headedness and numbness is not normal. Could be nothing, but I'd get it looked at sooner than later.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
As a rule don't seek medical (or other advice) from net randoms, there are doctors for that.

i don't know

Feb 22, 2010
I'm asking here because paying for a doctor is a bit expensive. I don't want to waste his time. I want to be sure its worth the money contacting him.

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
The only medical condition that I get when playing horror games is incontinence.
Buh Dun Tss...
i don said:
I'm asking here because paying for a doctor is a bit expensive. I don't want to waste his time. I want to be sure its worth the money contacting him.
Get it looked at, my cousin had the same sort of thing when his heart went fast and found out he had a heart condition.
Not saying it's likely but you should check it out just encase.