Horror Meets Shopping at the Echo Bazaar

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Horror Meets Shopping at the Echo Bazaar

Visit the world of Echo Bazaar, where your soul is for sale and the locals are buying.

Read Full Article

RavingPenguin

Engaged to PaintyFace
Jan 20, 2009
Its so addicting! Seriously, if you havent at least tried it, go do so. Like, right now.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Y'know, Susan, if you married Paul, you wouldn't even have to change any of your important IDs or documentation.

I'm just sayin'.

Maybe I'll check this game out tomorrow. I love dark humor, and the tone and look of the game are kind of intriguing.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Loop Stricken said:
Gaah!
Social! But... Lovecraft!

So confused.
I know! sense this makes not! Lovecraftian influences...pulling me...

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
The Rogue Wolf said:
Y'know, Susan, if you married Paul, you wouldn't even have to change any of your important IDs or documentation.

I'm just sayin'.

Maybe I'll check this game out tomorrow. I love dark humor, and the tone and look of the game are kind of intriguing.
Or we could be Arendt-Arendt hyphenates.

Mind you, Paul's fiancee and my husband make this outcome moderately unlikely.

Calobi

Dec 29, 2007
Hiphophippo said:
So I have to have a twitter? Pity. count me out.
Aurora219 said:
Yeah, I don't want Twitter. Meh.
We're like long lost brothers or something. Why does it seem like so many things are demanding that I use Twitter recently?

Misaek

Oct 28, 2008
I love it! The game is awesome BUT it has committed the cardinal sin of trying to get me to buy time to play the game, I can't just play it it has to say "Hey if you don't want to wait 24 hours pay us" like some street thug (though I can't blame them they do need to make money to keep the game going).

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
Calobi said:
Hiphophippo said:
So I have to have a twitter? Pity. count me out.
Aurora219 said:
Yeah, I don't want Twitter. Meh.
We're like long lost brothers or something. Why does it seem like so many things are demanding that I use Twitter recently?
I simply refuse to make a twitter account. That service ranks among the single stupidest things I've ever seen.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
this sounds so awesome, especially because im on a hobo budget this month (48 bucks) so i cant afford any new games this month, which will make next month just as hobo-y but with lots of awesome games to keep me from going hungry.

but as you may have suspected from that above text alone, I'm a very sad, antisocial and pathetic man, so i really hope the social part is limited.

alright im in it, must say im not a fan of having to wait for several minutes between each action, but the story seems interesting even if its flow does get broken up by the format.

but i have played for 10 or so minutes and i have already seduced a widower to let me sleep in her spare bedroom instead of having to pay for a motel room, insulted an older gentleman who was just sitting by him self trying to enjoy a drink and unlocked secrets about the way the society is working, so I'm already in love.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Susan Arendt said:
The Rogue Wolf said:

I'm just sayin'.

Well, you know, there's always Utah... err, maybe not.

Also- I didn't realize that the site actually required Twitter. I refuse to have anything to do with that abomination, so I guess I don't get to play. Pity, really.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
The Rogue Wolf said:

I'm just sayin'.

or you could all get married, you would be the Arendt-Arendt-Arendt-Arendts, the worlds most awesome family, its 5 in the morning so i may be missing a few logical steps here, but im pretty confident thats how marriage works.

The Infinite

Mar 30, 2009
Wow this is really cool, and a great time eater for when you have nothing else to do. Also the setting is fantastic, I'm loving the twisted Gothic theme.

alexis.kennedy

Jan 13, 2010
Hello Twitter-haters. It's worth me pointing out that a sizeable number of our players register a Twitter account solely to play the game, and never touch it for any other purpose.

> I can't just play it it has to say "Hey if you don't want to wait 24 hours pay us" like some
>street thug

I want your street thugs. Ours aren't that polite. :) You really don't have to buy time. The vast majority of our players don't. Which makes us sad of course, we'd much rather run a subscription than a freemium service.

>or you could all get married, you would be the Arendt-Arendt-Arendt-Arendts

If you could sort that out, I'd buy tickets.

@infinite, @swaki, thanks for the love.

Galad

Nov 4, 2009
@alexis.kennedy - Don't worry, I've seen games with bland concept and/or gameplay prosper, and from what I've read here neither of these is bland in your game. Heck, I've even donated to such a game because the admin was too much entertainment in chat =)