House Flipper is a Ridiculously In-Depth Game About Repairing and Selling Houses

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
House Flipper is a Ridiculously In-Depth Game About Repairing and Selling Houses

House Flipper's Steam Greenlight trailer shows us just how ridiculously in-depth the simulation can be.

Do you enjoy watching those shows where people buy old, decrepit houses [http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5480646/], fix them up, and then sell them for big bucks? Do you ever think "I could do that!" but don't have the capital or the patience (or the skill) required to? Well then House Flipper may be the game for you. It's just popped up on Steam Greenlight, and the trailer you'll see to the right shows us that the simulation is quite deep, and has the player take on pretty much every aspect of house flipping, from purchase, to repair, to sale.

It's like The Sims, Viscera Cleanup Detail and Championship Manager all rolled into one, and is looking for your help to get greelit. From the game's Steam page:

House Flipper is a unique chance to become the one-man renovating crew.
Buy, repair and upgrade devastated houses. Give them a second life and sell at a profit!

At your disposal is a collection of tools and parts. Use them to hammer, drill, nail down, screw, and do what needs to be done to mount, fix or clean up stuff.

Do you love interior design and want fill up empty room in your favourite style? You can buy empty apartment and furnish it.
Do you prefer things only engineers would understand? You can focus on repair and installation.
Are you expert in "small move, big change" approach? You can buy decent house and make it perfect by adding some style and fixing stuff.

[gallery=7036]

If this sounds like something you'd be interested in, be sure to check it out [http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=850803337].

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
So it's a first-person Sims game that doesn't even bother with the family bullshit?

Give it to me. Give it to me now.

Also, if this game includes a "just go wreck an entire house with a sledgehammer" mode and the entire house has models that can be wrecked like that wall it will be an insta-buy for me.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Wow this is the game for me. Was always interested in flipping houses.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008

Cool idea, with enough content and well designed it could be a very good original game.

Dr.Awkward

Mar 27, 2013
Great idea, just needs much older homes such as the kit homes from the first few decades of the 20th century along with ranch homes, instead of just the suburban ones that have been built in the last thirty years because a lot of those are cheap trash it's honestly more realistic in that manner.

Also, please let there be some super fugly McMansions you can buy and "flip". Just give me a sledgehammer, bulldozer and the ability to subdivide the lot and let the fun begin.

Kajin

This Title Will Be Gone Soon
Apr 13, 2008
Is this what that feeling is like? To never know you needed something so badly until you saw it before your very eyes?

Victim of Progress

Jul 11, 2011
So, is this going to be like Gearhead Garage, but for homes?

It could also be called "What it's like to own a house simulator", since most of today's youth will never experience that...

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010

If they get some nice variety in the houses and terrain with good enough graphics going, (UE4 should take care of that quite nicely) they might actually have something awesome here. HOWEVER, this game looks like it could be milked for DLC cash super hardcore. Please don't go down that road, guys.

Cowabungaa said:
Also, if this game includes a "just go wreck an entire house with a sledgehammer" mode and the entire house has models that can be wrecked
It's called Red Faction: Guerrilla. You're welcome. XD

Hell, you don't even need to start up the SP campaign. You can just go right into Wrecking Crew mode and go crazy.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Cowabungaa said:
I've played that extensively. It could not sate my desire. I need more.
Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction
Just Cause 3 (or 2 really but 3 has more destructible elements in it)