House of Cards Season Three Review: Cards Against Humanity

Jan 12, 2012
Damn it, man, you can't tease us and not have a full review of every moment up! It's been more than 12 hours since the show came out, quit slacking and get typing!

Please, I need this. The person I watch with is busy all weekend, and I won't get to even start until Sunday night at the earliest. I need to live vicariously through this website.

cpukill

Feb 26, 2011
Homeworld Remastered and House of Cards in the same week? Jesus Christ, I only have so much free time!

Mike Hoffman

In the middle of calibrations...
Sep 25, 2013
Thunderous Cacophony said:
Damn it, man, you can't tease us and not have a full review of every moment up! It's been more than 12 hours since the show came out, quit slacking and get typing!

Please, I need this. The person I watch with is busy all weekend, and I won't get to even start until Sunday night at the earliest. I need to live vicariously through this website.
You've been heard! I was up at three watching, but I still had to go to meetings today and I have to DM tonight. We'll try and have it up Sunday, Monday at the latest.

Mike Hoffman

Sep 25, 2013
rbstewart7263 said:
3 am? DO you mean 3 pm or do they really release these in the morning?
Yeah, it was at 3 am last night/this morning. I think they're going for a midnight release for the west coast. Netflix is based near San Fransisco.

Jan 12, 2012
Mike Hoffman said:
You've been heard! I was up at three watching, but I still had to go to meetings today and I have to DM tonight. We'll try and have it up Sunday, Monday at the latest.
Good to hear. DM Pro tip: Give the party a bunch of orc babies. While they debate the ethics of killing them, you can write a few thousand words.

Mike Hoffman

Sep 25, 2013
House of Cards Season Three Review: Cards Against Humanity

House of Cards muzzles Frank Underwood, offering a closer look at the man who tore down an administration.

Read Full Article

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
I liked the first episode of season 3 more than any in season 2. I glimpsed your review and look forward to finishing this season.

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
Question does the video game reviewer character make you eye roll or was that yeah more of a hell yeah?

Kontarek

Aug 1, 2012
Country
USA
Just finished watching last night, thought it was great. Some people are complaining about Frank not having enough (or really any) over the top triumphs like in the previous two seasons, but I like that they're doing something different. We've become used to seeing Frank destroy everything in his path, but now that he's actually president... He's kind of bad at it (and seems to have lost quite a bit of the luck that saved him so many times before). It's pretty interesting seeing a character so accustomed to success go from failure to failure to failure.

Liked the Vladimir Putin stand in they had, but thought it was a bit jarring how on the nose that portrayal was. Like there was no subtlety in the introduction whatsoever. It was literally "Oh look this guy is Putin! Did we mention this guy is Putin!?! Cause he's totes Putin in case you missed that."

Also loved the indie game references. They gave the indie scene a little love, but also downplayed it enough to where it didn't feel like pandering. Never thought I'd see Frank goddamn Underwood playing The Stanley Parable, that's for sure.

Lastly, was anyone else bothered by that Samsung tablet scene? The one where the guy's all "Let me just seamlessly transition this map of the Jordan Valley to this nearby TV screen WITH MY AMAZING SAMSUNG TABLET! ALSO BUY SAMSUNG PRODUCTS!" I don't mind product placement for the most part, but that scene just made me laugh at how blatant it was.

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
Darks63 said:
Question does the video game reviewer character make you eye roll or was that yeah more of a hell yeah?
It really isn't lingered on. There is maybe a 5 second discussion about video games before they move on

Mike Hoffman

Sep 25, 2013
Darks63 said:
I just found it kind of odd, but it fit? Even before I was reviewing shows, I'd read a few movie or game reviews that really clicked with me beyond the game itself, so I don't think it's totally unbelievable. But I just had to point it out given this is the Escapist.