House of the Dead 1 Remake

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
You can do cheat codes based off the amount of achievements, you have unlocked.

Enabling Cheats
Enter the commands on the main screen where you can continue or start a new game, see the gallery or go to options.

You will need to unlock a certain number of achievements for a cheat code to work:
8 - Infinite Ammo
16 - One Shot Mode
24 - Unlock All Weapons
32 - Unlimited Continues
40 - God Mode
EffectCode
God Mode← → ← → B B
Infinite AmmoL R L R B B
One Shot Mode← ↑ → ↓ B B
Unlimited Continues↑ ↑ ↑ R
Unlock All WeaponsB B A A L R

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I don't know what Max was going on about your aiming cursor (default color red for player 1) getting lost and blending in with the background. I never had this happen to me with or without the opacity customization of the cursors. It's nice to have color options, but I will stick with red, because it is my favorite color. I think it's because at that time, his gyro sensitivity was high and causes the aiming cursor to go sporadic.

Heads up for those getting the Switch version: turn down the Gyro sensitivity 0, and your aiming will be a lot smoother and less jumping around all over the screen. I am surprised many reviewers did not find this out, nor bother to try testing it out. The best control scheme via controller is Gyro aiming with the left stick, with Gyro sensitivity at 0. You should have little trouble afterwards. This made my playthroughs fun and easier to aim.

I tried out horde mode, and it is tough for the wrong reasons. It's best that you get a second player, or unlock the special weapons to play this mode. Or use the infinite ammo cheat. Play with the Modern mode, instead of Classic. Modern mode is easier to score points and do combos. It breaks Horde mode. Even on single player, you most likely make it through the campaign and have such a high score that 5000 points after you lose all credits does nothing. I was able to do Modern Hard Horde Mode and get through it. I did use all of my standard credits, but had such a high score late game, that did not even matter. The only problem I have with this mode is that zombies can hit you off screen, even with two players, and they throw more than what the player and Switch can handle. I do admit it is fun when you rack up a big combo bonus after lining up 5-10 head shots!

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Out now on PS4 and PS5.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Here's what's included in the new update:

- Translation fixes
- Fixed cheat codes showing up without unlocking
- Added option to hide the Photo Mode overlay
- Improved gyroscope
- Added voice-over in credits
- Added option for muting reload voice-over
- Added touch support and options UI tweaks
- Fixed the player not taking damage penalty from killing scientist when having invulnerability status
- Fixed life-up popup not showing up when given medkit during the cutscene
- Fixed creature sounds messing up when changing selection quickly in Bestiary
- Fixed life bonus not being applied correctly after completing level
- Other minor tweaks