How about you let me PLAY my game?

Xeldrak

Feb 8, 2011
The OP seems to be unfamiliar with Metal Gear. When a cutscene starts - lay the controler away and grab some popcorn. Thats how MGS works ^^

dobahci

Jan 25, 2012
OPisafaggot said:
Herp derp, by saying Konami works cheap you just proved that you don't know shit. Konami produce and develop games by putting quality material and time into them.
You managed to completely misinterpret what he was saying.

And why would you make an account just to flame someone? And choose the name "OPisafaggot"?

Come on. I know it must take a monumental effort for some people to go 10 seconds without calling someone a ******, but you could at least try. You'd be amazed how rewarding it can be to disagree with someone in an amicable manner. You might even get an interesting discussion out of it.

A.A.K

Mar 7, 2009
Kahunaburger said:
LookingGlass said:
constant tutorials.
Elder Scrolls games.

Seriously, Bethesada, the intros were cool the first time around. But sometime around the 5th reroll, the start getting old.
I actually enjoyed those...I know it doesn't really change...but I enjoy it regardless...but maybe I'm just weird.

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
If you didn't like the length of MGS cut-scenes, then god forbid that you will ever play the Yakuza series, now that is a pure story game right there. Every cutscene drags on, and on, worst of all, most of them are not even intriguing like the cutscenes of MGS, and most of the time you don't even know what the hell is going on in the storyline.

If you ignore most of the Nanomachines and Foxdie stuff then MGS's plot is fairly easy to understand, unlike Yakuza's.

Why people feel the need to compare videogames to movies is lost to me. Remember videogames as a medium is still young, and isn't even mainstream accepted yet, so downplaying videogame stories in my eyes is rather silly. At least the MGS storyline was trying to become like a movie with it's cutscenes, and not the typical save the princess, or see this guy, shoot this guy, like what most games are. It's games like MGS that makes the power hungry Hollywood shit themselves, and that's why we need more like it. It also helps push the medium into a more mature way of thinking, and helps inspire mature titles like Heavy Rain that are not all pew, pew, die, die childish nonsense that is commonly associated with videogames.

MGS is a case of videogames growing the fuck up, and perhaps gamers should as well to some degree, and embrace story heavy games.

OPisafaggot

Mar 2, 2012
dobahci said:
OPisafaggot said:
Herp derp, by saying Konami works cheap you just proved that you don't know shit. Konami produce and develop games by putting quality material and time into them.
You managed to completely misinterpret what he was saying.

And why would you make an account just to flame someone? And choose the name "OPisafaggot"?

Come on. I know it must take a monumental effort for some people to go 10 seconds without calling someone a ******, but you could at least try. You'd be amazed how rewarding it can be to disagree with someone in an amicable manner. You might even get an interesting discussion out of it.
Implying that I've been on this forum before.

Nope, just randomly happened to come across this thread.

Adeptus Aspartem

Jul 25, 2011
I just don't get it, why other developpers haven't figured it out. For me, cutscenes should be delivered in the way DeusEx or MassEffect does them.

Let me have control over my character - or at least some points. Or let me decide which way the conversation in the cutscene goes etc.

I had the same problem that you've with MGS with FF 13.. Holy crap, i was 2 Hours into the game and palyed maybe 30min. And in these 30min i spent 5-10min in the stat/skill-screen figuring out what those guys can do.

Bleh..

VoidWanderer

Sep 17, 2011
MetalMagpie said:
Final Fantasy XIII

I've been watching my boyfriend slogging his way through this game and - whilst it's very pretty and the combat looks interesting - it sure does like its cinematics.

I've started saying "Oh no! You encountered a wild cutscene!" whenever one starts. Because sometimes they ambush the player ten steps away from the last one and for no readily apparent reason.
Sounds like flipping Pokemon

Kinokohatake

Jul 11, 2010
Arina Love said:
Cry moar. There is nothing wrong with MGS series long cutscenes and dialogues. Story comes first then gameplay. Don't like it? Don't play MGS.
I agree. That's why I refuse to play MGS. Syphon Filter was the better game series but those stupid MGS travesties keep going.

Weealzabob

Jun 4, 2011
The first hour or so of Assassin's Creed suffers from this really badly. The intial bulk of the tutorial is one of the most claustrophobic, and unpleasent gaming tutorial's I've played, and it's unskippable. While the game's tutorials improved as it went on, and the series has made some major steps forward in that department, I still can't get over how horrific that first tutorial was.

Austin Howe

Dec 5, 2010
Realy? The original? Which, when viewed the way Kojima intended, probably has half an hour of cutscenes before the opening?

Sep 14, 2009
most of that stuff doesn't annoy me....IF there is a skip function

*glares at the riku battle in kingdom hearts*

that was god awful annoying trying to fight him RIGHT AFTER a cut scene..rewatching that got extremely annoying.

^what do you know..found it.