How are all you Escapebrits beating the heat?

Drops a Sweet Katana

Folded 1000x for her pleasure
May 27, 2009
So it's gotten a tad hot 'round these fair isles. Like really quite hot. Well, for the UK at least. 31 here in sunny Bournemouth. So how have all the rest of you Brits been beating the heatwave?

I for one have basically been sat in front of a fat fan all day. I've barely moved and I'm still sweating a lake.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
It was kinda hot in the morning but it was only when I went out of the cinema that I felt the headwave rushing to my skin!

It was so hot that I even went to this crappy ice cream store to get some ice cream cos it was nearby. The one I usual go to (with actual freshing MADE ice cream) was 15 minutes away! Crappy ice cream was so bad in quality that the bloody plastic spoon handle top snap off from pushing it!

Anyway, I'm still dealing with the heat and it's not good. I am demotivated from playing my usual game at the moment due to how warm my room is at the moment!

I swear to god, next Saturday better not be as hot as today since I'm going to a convetion and cosplaying as Kung Fury. It's going to be warm already inside due to everyone else inside especially wearing a black jacket!

Drops a Sweet Katana

Folded 1000x for her pleasure
May 27, 2009
Scarim Coral said:
It was kinda hot in the morning but it was only when I went out of the cinema that I felt the headwave rushing to my skin!

It was so hot that I even went to this crappy ice cream store to get some ice cream cos it was nearby. The one I usual go to (with actual freshing MADE ice cream) was 15 minutes away! Crappy ice cream was so bad in quality that the bloody plastic spoon handle top snap off from pushing it!

Anyway, I'm still dealing with the heat and it's not good. I am demotivated from playing my usual game at the moment due to how warm my room is at the moment!

I swear to god, next Saturday better not be as hot as today since I'm going to a convetion and cosplaying as Kung Fury. It's going to be warming already inside due to everyone else inside especially wearing a black jacket!
Oh god, I hope it cools down by the weekend. I'm working both days and I can guarantee it's going to be a long and busy day.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Not a Brit, but one of your neighbors (Dutch in Belgium) who suffers from the same issues with around 30-31C today and the same or even slightly hotter tomorrow.

How I beat it? A fan pointed at me at all times, basically staying almost stationary and plenty of fluids. Too drained of energy to do anything but spam streams on YouTube and Call The Midwife on Netflix. Though I studied a little when it was cooler earlier today.

I have to go out to some friends for a boardgame night in a few minutes though, and I know for a fact that at this time the sun is directly on his place. This is going to suuuuck dick.

Veylon

Aug 15, 2008
I moved into the basement for the summer. It never gets much above 75 (F) down here.

Michel Henzel

Just call me God
May 13, 2014
Netherlands also hot as fuck, sweat dripping from your balls hot. With my livingroom having the sun on it nearly all day, and it keeps the heat in far too well, it can get pretty hot. So my curtains are staying closed and my 2 fans are blowing at full speed.

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
Simple. Taking things slow. I am not rushing, stressing, panicking over nothing. I miss the train or bus, so be it. I am going to keep my body temperature as normal as possible. Deep yoga breaths too.

Also, London. Can we have a word? You know your Tube trains mostly the Central and Jubilee lines? Yeah FUCKING RIDICULOUS!! No air just a moving oven. Oh, and you know those old buses you have that have the heaters on even during the boiling summer. Yeah, can those drivers just, I dunno, TURN THE FUCKING THING OFF!!! So glad I use the District Line because it is so so cool and nice. It just smells of weed for some reason. Calming, I admit.

Now, water helps. Drink it slow and don't rush it. Honestly, if you want to stay cool in the heat, stay calm. This is coming from an islander from the Caribbean. Fruits help too.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
Melting. Just simply melting.

Its ok for all you people who can stay at home and do nothing, some of us have to work for a living. In a suit. In a van where I have a sneaking suspicion that the aircon is not working properly. Man its horrible. I really really hate extreme heat and struggle to get by. I always have, even as a kid. Why can't it go back to the weather of last week where it was warm with a few showers?

And now I have to do my ironing. This should be fun.

Bring on the thunder and rain tomorrow.

totheendofsin

some asshole made me set this up
Jul 31, 2009
I work outside all day so it's basically drink lots of ice cold water and pray to god/ offer my soul to satan for rain

edit: I just realized this is talking about Britain specifically, as I am from Indiana I am pretty far removed from Britain, that said we are currently in the middle of a heat wave here as well my comment still stands

as for my oversight... I blame the heat...

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
I'm not beating the heat. I never have been able to, and now Satan's servants are coming to take me.

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
I'm not quite too sure on what any of you are on about. Spent the whole day in a 2-3c environment.

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
So glad I'm not working right now. Being near hot ovens in this heat will be awful.

I've got a desk fan going on and off all day. I'm also in shorts (only indoors, I hate showing my legs)

It's 29c here in Sheffield, at half 7 in the evening. I wish I had a paddling pool.

x EvilErmine x

Cake or death?!
Apr 5, 2010
Become nocturnal...warm summer nights are glorious! No seriously they are that good.

I'm acutually enjoying the heat though, it's a rare old time when it gets this hot here, our usual summer is just a slightly warmer, greener version of winter after all.

Aug 31, 2012
I live in an old house in cornwall with 2ft thick granite walls. It's basically like living in a cave, cool in summer and warm in winter. Unfortunately I do have to go to work, but we've set up a couple of fans in the office and leave the doors and windows open and being Cornwall there's usually a bit of wind to blow through as well, keeping things bearable.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Man, I live in GA. 30c is considered cool for the summer here.

And no, I am still not used to >90% humidity and I have lived here since 1998.

OneCatch

Jun 19, 2010
I'm not going to beat it tomorrow. Important work meeting, which means jacket and tie, in a training suite (full of computers) which is inadequately ventilated and was getting uncomfortably warm last time I visited in early spring. Followed by a car journey at midday and another meeting in a building almost entirely made of glass. I'm going to die.

So I'm enjoying this evening while it lasts. Sat around in my pants, with a big fan, and a repurposed water mister!