How bad is this graphics card?

SixWingedAsura

Sep 27, 2010
Pretty self explanitory, I want to know just how poor a graphics card I have.

Card: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD (Core i3)

I only ask because my computer seems to throw a hissy fit when playing quite a few games and so I need to know what I can and can't play.

TacticalAssassin1

Elite Member
May 29, 2009
Depends what sort of games you are playing, and at what settings.
I don't know anything about your particular graphics card, but it seems pretty old.

Nickompoop

Jan 23, 2011
You have integrated graphics, not a separate graphics card. General rule of thumb: integrated graphics suck the big hairy one.

Is this a laptop or a desktop? If it's the latter, did you build it or buy it pre-made?

SixWingedAsura

Sep 27, 2010
It's a laptop. I got it because it was a fairly good deal and it was originally for sale, I had heard that integrated graphics cards sucked, but I was hoping it wouldn't be too bad. Ah well, at least I can play Minecraft on the lowest settings and Portal without it dying.

Calatar

May 13, 2009
According to http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/ your "card" benchmarks a bit more than 300. As a point of reference, a GeForce 6800 GT benchmarks 300. The 6800 was good many years ago. Not today.

You might be able to play modern games on very low graphics settings, but you'll still likely get low framerates. Playing older games such as Battlefield 2 or Age of Empires III you'll probably be able to come close to max settings.
General guideline: games are playable if older than 5 years, may be playable if older than 3 years, and have a chance of being playable if less than that, but only on low settings.

SixWingedAsura

Sep 27, 2010
Awesome, thanks! At least I know have a measure of how sucky my laptop is for playing games. 'course, once I get the money, I plan on actually making a decent gaming desktop, ya know, one actually made for GAMING? XD

somonels

Oct 12, 2010
SixWingedAsura said:
Awesome, thanks! At least I know have a measure of how sucky my laptop is for playing games. 'course, once I get the money, I plan on actually making a decent gaming desktop, ya know, one actually made for GAMING? XD
... a gaming desktop, thank science. I got a bit worried there.

80Maxwell08

Jul 14, 2010
FranBunnyFFXII said:
SixWingedAsura said:
It's a laptop. I got it because it was a fairly good deal and it was originally for sale, I had heard that integrated graphics cards sucked, but I was hoping it wouldn't be too bad. Ah well, at least I can play Minecraft on the lowest settings and Portal without it dying.
I hate this.

See most people dont know that laptops lack serious graphics cards. Even my 1000$ laptop that was designed for gaming is pittiful compared to my even old desktop.
A "Good" laptop has a powerful processor and intergrated graphics.
theres no sort of standard with laptops on graphics because most consumers buying laptops dont play games, they get them for school or travel.
Dont expect to play any games on that. It probably cant handle much at all.
Agreed. Even Razer's Blade still pails in comparison to my rig which I built myself (which I would not recommend since it was annoying. Plus the motherboard was defective but irrelevant) and that costs $800 US more than mine did. I bet my computer could outrun that thing 2-3 times over easy. Though from an eariler post on this page with what it is around I wouldn't expect to play anything that comes out recently period. If you play older games then go for it but for anything coming out either this year or even a year or 2 ago odds are no.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
Must be a 1st gen i3, cause 2nd gen have a graphics processor on the CPU die (Intel HD 2000/HD 3000), which is still better than standard integrated graphics. I don't think you could do much worse than what you have.

SixWingedAsura

Sep 27, 2010
FranBunnyFFXII said:
SixWingedAsura said:
I hate this.

See most people dont know that laptops lack serious graphics cards. Even my 1000$ laptop that was designed for gaming is pittiful compared to my even old desktop.
theres no sort of standard with laptops on graphics because most consumers buying laptops dont play games, they get them for school or travel.
Oh, no I don't mean to say that laptops don't have good graphics, I was talking about the one I bought in particular.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Your graphics card is so poor that it is literally nonexistent in your computer. What you have are integrated graphics, which does not require a graphics card, and which is terrible for everything except flash games.

legendp

Jul 9, 2010
80Maxwell08 said:
FranBunnyFFXII said:
SixWingedAsura said:
I hate this.

Agreed. Even Razer's Blade still pails in comparison to my rig which I built myself (which I would not recommend since it was annoying. Plus the motherboard was defective but irrelevant) and that costs $800 US more than mine did. I bet my computer could outrun that thing 2-3 times over easy. Though from an eariler post on this page with what it is around I wouldn't expect to play anything that comes out recently period. If you play older games then go for it but for anything coming out either this year or even a year or 2 ago odds are no.
you can get a HP dv6 that is about the same speed as the razor blade for $800 that comes with 6770m (core i5 and 4GB of ram) and is faster than all the consoles (the razor blade is $2800!)

as for games you can play on a intel HD, try half life 2 and halo 1, they should run

legendp

Jul 9, 2010
I forgot to add that you can check all that info on a website called "notebook check". just type "Intel HD notebookcheck" into google search bar and it should be one of the first results

SixWingedAsura

Sep 27, 2010
Anyone know if it would be possible to play Fallout 3 with this graphics card without it lagging to the point of impossiblity?