How can I promote my gaming blog?

EternalFacepalm

Feb 1, 2011
Well, your first attempt at marketing is "making a thread about it on a forum." Sadly, this has the side-effect of pissing people off.

wintercoat

Nov 26, 2011
EternalFacepalm said:
Well, your first attempt at marketing is "making a thread about it on a forum." Sadly, this has the side-effect of pissing people off.
Mainly because we've already heard it all and seen it all. Blogs of every kind are all too common. You gotta give us more to go on other than "here's my blog" to get people to read it. What makes you so special that we'd read your blog instead of the 100's of others that exist? Very few people are going to check out your blog for no reason.

Aidinthel

Occasional Gentleman
Apr 3, 2010
I am very certain this thread is against the rules. So that's at least one way to not promote your blog.

LordFish

May 29, 2012
I think I should print a T-Shirt:

"No, I don't want to read your F**king Blog!"

No offence or comment on your blog (I didn't click the link) but everyone seems to have a blog and I couldn't give the hairy crack of a rats behind about any of them.

By the way, you can find a link to my blog on my profile.. PLEASE COMMENT .... please...

ZehMadScientist

Oct 29, 2010
Well, certainly begging people to check it out isn't the way, and I daresay a mod will tell you soon as well.

In any case, go visit other blogs, comment on them. Get intertwined in the blogging community. If you have interesting things to say about other bloggers, they are bound to check you out as well. Make yourself known among like-minded people.

Angie7F

WiseGurl
Nov 11, 2011
FB share?
Oh, wait, you have to have tons of friends to increase traffis effectively.
Unfortunately, that is soemthing I dont have and cant execute...

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
Write informative pieces and get them published in other sites as well as your blog. If people find your articles interesting, they will follow back to your blog. If you write an article on a particular game then you could try forwarding it to the community manager of that game - you may get lucky and he/she may post about it on the main site if its good enough.

Posting like you've done here though is not likely to end well.

EDIT: Oh, and make sure your site is easy to navigate. User summary posts on the main page instead of having every single article in its entirety displayed on the main page.

JUSTINtimeforalaugh

Nov 3, 2010
Yikes! Didn't know I would open Pandora's box on this one. Probably should have though.

Well, we can basically shut this thread down since the general consensus is: "Not here!". Lol

Thanks guys! I guess I'll post some stuff on here and see what people think. Profile was updated to have the right blog listed.