How Clean Is Your House/Apartment/Dorm Room? (Single Guys And Gals)

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
I'd say my apartment is clean. At least if I compare with most of my friends.
I vacuum once a week, I clean the toilet once a week (I really need to get some parts of the floor cleaned though :/), I never leave the dishes, after I've eaten = dishes.
I think the mian thing is that I do not leave the cleaning undone, especially if it's something I can clean away right away, then I do it, it's just a small 2-3 minute process every time to dish a few plates or pick away my friends beer cans. The only thing that can bee seen as a bit messy is my workdesk in my room, but that's a controlled chaos at the moment with so much paperwork going on.

Super Cyborg

Jul 25, 2014
My room is clean, and never gets that messy. Most mess I find is if I come home and there's mail on my bed from the time I was gone. Messiest time was when I got back this year and there were a number of things that I ordered laying there. Closet is clean, but way to small that it is packed. Rest of the house varies depending on which of my brothers use the place.

When I'm in other rooms throughout the year during work offshore, it varies by boat. This trip, I share with 3 other people, and it's relatively clean. Other boats where I have my own room and they are cleaned by workers on the boat often, it's uber clean.

Summerstorm

Elite Member
Sep 19, 2008
Hm, many clean people here... wouldn't have thought that.

Well, mine is borderline messy-country. In one of my rooms there is literally a mound of garbage (mostly empty bottles and Snack-packages)

Although my bathroom is pretty clean...

Slenn

Cosplaying Nuclear Physicist
Nov 19, 2009
Cleanliness on a scale of 1 to 10? 8. The trash needs to be taken out and the bedroom and living room has some miscellaneous items on the floor.

Mezahmay

Dec 11, 2013
Back when I stayed in a dorm room, my area was always tidy. My roommates usually were pretty tidy as well. Lucky for me the slobs were always in the other room. Now I stay with relatives and my room is still tidy, as it should be.

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
It's usually pretty clean, right now theres a couple of dirty coffee cups in the kitchen and the only thing out of place that i can notice is 20 euros lying on the table. Oh.. I forgot to mention that i havent cleaned the dust in a week, so theres that..

Starbird

Sep 30, 2012
Well thanks to the people in this thread, my living room is no longer like something out of Hoarders. Filled up 8 bags (not counting cans)...which is crazy.

On Sunday...bathrooms and bedroom. The easy part fortunately.

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
At the moment my room is pretty clean, though that is because I took the time to clean it today. Could still do with a vacuum and a dusting under the furniture mind. Since my room is quite tightly pack together (I can't fully open my wardrobe because the end of my bed is in the way) I don't have a lot of room to store my clothes, so clean clothes are left un-ironed in a basket on my floor and are ironed and moved to the wardrobe as I need them, although invariably during the working week my clothes end up hanging from the back of by chair, doorknob or one of the many drawer handles until the weekend when I feel compelled to clean. I also seem to be in a constant war of attrition with dust. What I wouldn't give for dust proof furniture.

trollnystan

I'm back, baby, & still dancing!
Dec 27, 2010
So messy. SO. MESSY. And I have no job to excuse it. I'm home all day and it still looks like the nascent nest of a hoarder. With cats.

... Yeah.

Thank the gods I have someone come in once a week to help me clean and book laundry times or I'd probably be found half-eaten under a huge pile of dirty clothes.

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
Clean? What is this clean you speak of?

Eh. In all honesty, I try to keep things from getting too filthy, but perhaps do with some improvement.

But that's only the clean side of things. I am a very messy person.
Games everywhere. Books. DVD's, lego... You name it, it's occupying space somewhere on my floor, or on desks or the like.
Part of this is a chronic lack of storage space though.

I should really get myself a bookshelf or two at the very least...

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
My room is fairly clean, but I think that is because I work fairly long hours so I am not in much, but I do try and vacuum at least once a week. The rest of the house is also fairly clean because my housemates are fairly clean people, and the landlord would go spare if the house was a mess.

DocJ

What am I doing here?
Jun 3, 2014
Mine is fine. For now. Usually it'll devolve into a pigsty, then I decide to get out the cleaning tools and crank up the radio and clean for a whole day till it's spotless.

bojackx

Nov 14, 2010
I live with my brother and my parents, so I don't know if I should factor in the state of the house or of just my room.

Since both my parents work a lot and spend more nights than not sleeping at work, I take care of tidying the house. I mop, vacuum, dust, tidy etc. because it's easy and I've got free time. I'd wager that I'm by far the tidiest in my family for whatever that's worth.

As for my actual room, it's pretty spotless. Dust accumulates crazy fast in my room so I dust almost weekly but other than that it really easy to keep things tidy. Just tidy up stuff when you're finished with it and it should just be fine.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Well everything I pick up I put back where it was, so you always find it right away.
Other then that I vacuum the floor every weekend and major dust collection areas, everything else needs to get real messy before I do anything about it because it's not so relevant.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
The apartment? Very clean. Could eat off the floor. But then that would make it dirty, and make me upset.

My room specifically? Very messy. But I don't care because nobody is supposed to ever see the inside of that but me.

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
Not that messy but VERY dusty. I hate cleaning up dust. My family knows a good cleaner, who I've been thinking of hiring for a quick cleaning, but with the recent lousy weather, there hasn't been an opportunity for that yet.

My favorite blanket also has a hole the size of a fist in it. I know I'll have to replace it eventually, but it just feels so irreplaceable.

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
I got to keep the floor very clean because I own a ferret who gets to run free in my flat.
My desk and bookcase could use organizing and dusting though...

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Apartment doesn't allow pets, yet there is still tumble-weeds of hair by the corners and walls. The bathroom...I've lived here a year and a half and I never cleaned the tub. It's mostly fine though, just some yellow around the drain. The sink just got cleaned, and somehow the toilet has ended up just as bad as it was since last month. I like keeping the bedroom clean but there are water bottles around right now and my sheets are being pulled off(I'm a very rough sleeper). The kitchen is currently in a state of disrepair but that can be cleaned up in under five minutes. The living room has stuff on the ground but there's no room to put it anywhere so it's not like I can clean it up. Also a special case, there's dried laundry detergent ruining the floor but it's daunting and I don't want to deal with it, luckily it leaked all over the space I can't see from my couch.

I wish one of the neat freaks would come over and clean for me...I'll give you a replica of the Platinum Chip...

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
Everything is generally kept in a fashion one might refered to as NEAT UND TIDY! If there is but a single speck of dust I will freak out and fetch the washing cloth.

I clean a little bit every day, and a big clean once every second week. It takes like ten minutes of my day, the big one an hour. It is worth it to have a healthy home.