How did you deal with The Escapist going down?

bl4ckh4wk64

Walking Mass Effect Codex
Jun 11, 2010
rmb1983 said:
"Why isn't this shit working? Oh well, two hours before I leave for work, I'll have a nap."
I then worked 8 hours, went home, and here we are.

I didn't even know LulzSec had attacked us until I was dicking around online on my phone during a smoke break (in one of those uncommon times that I use the browser instead of playing Unblock Me [http://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/unblock-me/id315021242?mt=8] to keep my brain moving).
...the fuck is LulzSec?

SonofaJohannes

Apr 18, 2011
I browsed some other websites, occasionally checking if it was back up. After a while I just went to sleep.

StarStruckStrumpets

Jan 17, 2009
"Oh, okay."

I proceeded not to care for several hours, I played a game, then I came back and everything was fine. I was not inconvenienced in the slightest.

Edit: Oh it was LulzSec?

Huh, I barely even noticed the site was down. Gotta love teh tech guys.

rmb1983

I am the storm.
Mar 29, 2011
bl4ckh4wk64 said:
rmb1983 said:
"Why isn't this shit working? Oh well, two hours before I leave for work, I'll have a nap."

I didn't even know LulzSec had attacked us until I was dicking around online on my phone during a smoke break (in one of those uncommon times that I use the browser instead of playing Unblock Me [http://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/unblock-me/id315021242?mt=8] to keep my brain moving).
...the fuck is LulzSec?
I'm confused as to whether this is an honest question, or a really good joke.

bl4ckh4wk64

Jun 11, 2010
rmb1983 said:
bl4ckh4wk64 said:
rmb1983 said:

...the fuck is LulzSec?
I really have no idea. I haven't been a part of Anon or anything like them for about a year and a half now and I try to distance myself from anything related to them, are they a branch off of them or something?

ZeroAE

Jun 7, 2010
Somehow I got to TV Troopes.
When I stopped, it was 11 pm , and the only things I learned its that Plastic was one Big Bertha armor (I barely know them!) and how the Naruto episode of Pain is ridiculous.
That page is really addictve.

rmb1983

I am the storm.
Mar 29, 2011
bl4ckh4wk64 said:
rmb1983 said:
bl4ckh4wk64 said:
rmb1983 said:

...the fuck is LulzSec?
I really have no idea. I haven't been a part of Anon or anything like them for about a year and a half now and I try to distance myself from anything related to them, are they a branch off of them or something?
Aye, recent black-hat fringe group that's been going on a spree through a variety of game-related sites, seemingly at random. Majority of Anon themselves aren't all too thrilled with them, either. These guys are just hacking sites for the hell of it, but it's definitely causing some adverse effects among the customers more than the sites themselves (most of whom haven't actually done anything to really warrant the DDoS attacks).

roku-chan17

Jun 14, 2011
Detective Prince said:
I did this.

Me: The Escapist is down.
Little Brother: Huh? What's escapist?
Me: A website I go on a lot. Guess we'll watch Finding Nemo tonight instead of tomorrow.
LB: Yay!

And that's how it went...:)
How cute! :D I assume you and your brother get on well? What's the age difference between you two, if you don't mind my asking?

Low Key said:
roku-chan17 said:
I kinda died on the inside when I found out that Lulzsec hacked the Escapist. Then I died a little more when I found out that Minecraft, League of Legends, and other attack victims had recovered, but the Escapist hadn't.
DDoSing is not hacking.
Oh, very sorry indeed. Forgive my ignorance. :(

DanielDeFig said:
Attempted to post the same thing 2-3 times over the course of several hours after midnight. I finally succeeded in posting(I waited for the escapist to be back online long enough to pot by watching videos n browsing around other sites), after which I swiftly went to bed (An hour later, something else on the web distracted me XP!)
Ah, I ran into similar problems. It's rather frustrating, isn't it? I just copy-pasted my posts before hitting the "Post" button and left them on Notepad until the site decided to start cooperating correctly. :p

vviki said:
I had to actually go out and ride a bike for a change. That's how bad it was :D. Please make sure this doesn't happen again, my body hurts from all that exertion.
Haha! Well, biking can be very healthy exercise for the body and mind. Just because the Escapist is back from the dead (mostly), don't let that deter you from a healthy endeavor. :)

101194 said:
Seppuku, and a mornings tea and a a message to my loyal crew to keep on fighting the good fight.

In all honesty, this isn't the first time escapist has been down, If I recall back in 09 it was down for like a week because the unmentionables decided to "Raid" us.
Well, if those events were to really go about that way, I would really like to know how you would have managed to commit Seppuku then go about with tea and captaining duties. :p

roku-chan17

Jun 14, 2011
Detective Prince said:
roku-chan17 said:
Detective Prince said:
I did this.

Me: The Escapist is down.
Little Brother: Huh? What's escapist?
Me: A website I go on a lot. Guess we'll watch Finding Nemo tonight instead of tomorrow.
LB: Yay!

And that's how it went...:)
How cute! :D I assume you and your brother get on well? What's the age difference between you two, if you don't mind my asking?
I'm 19 and my brother is 8 so there's 11 years between us. I'm his legal guardian since I took him away from our parents but he's happier now. XD So it's all good. We're very very close though.
Oh my. Well, good on you to take responsibility for your younger brother. I'm a little brother myself and I <3 my older brother, so it's nice to see brothers getting along elsewhere in the world. :)
I won't ask you to get into the drama involving your family but I send you my best wishes and hope for a brighter future for both of you. :D

bl4ckh4wk64

Jun 11, 2010
rmb1983 said:
bl4ckh4wk64 said:
rmb1983 said:
bl4ckh4wk64 said:
rmb1983 said:

...the fuck is LulzSec?
Aye, recent black-hat fringe group that's been going on a spree through a variety of game-related sites, seemingly at random. Majority of Anon themselves aren't all too thrilled with them, either. These guys are just hacking sites for the hell of it, but it's definitely causing some adverse effects among the customers more than the sites themselves (most of whom haven't actually done anything to really warrant the DDoS attacks).
Ah, so they're just the asshole anon that broke off. Thanks for the info.

Nov 11, 2008
roku-chan17 said:
[
101194 said:
Seppuku, and a mornings tea and a a message to my loyal crew to keep on fighting the good fight.

In all honesty, this isn't the first time escapist has been down, If I recall back in 09 it was down for like a week because the unmentionables decided to "Raid" us.
Well, if those events were to really go about that way, I would really like to know how you would have managed to commit Seppuku then go about with tea and captaining duties. :p
That's why I'm Captain.