How did you deal with The Escapist going down?

vviki

Lord of Midnless DPS
Mar 17, 2009
I had to actually go out and ride a bike for a change. That's how bad it was :D. Please make sure this doesn't happen again, my body hurts from all that exertion.

TheLoveableMuffin

Jun 11, 2011
I just watched some DVDs and carried browsing. Annoyingly though the same day my Facebook got spammed along with some friends so I had to deactivate it...

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Uhmmm, the same way I always deal with it?
Just do something else, with regular checkups to see if it's up again.

Void Droid

Oct 6, 2010
My girlfriend and I laughed and joked they probably got hacked since everyone is nowdays and after a quick google search we saw we were right and went about or business, that's the great thing about the internet, it has more than one site.

Ambi

Oct 9, 2009
I initially respond with mild annoyance and refresh the page a few times, and then I think "the choice has been made! Freedom!", briefly check the other sites I frequent, and hibernate my computer.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
I wasn't even on here when it started, I just occasionally tried to go on and it didn't work, so I carried on with what I was doing at the time.

Sebenko

Dec 23, 2008
"oh, it's down? Eh, I'm going out with a friend anyway"

And it was back by the time I returned.

Russian_Assassin

Apr 24, 2008
Whenever a site doesn't load these days I drop by lulzsec's twitter to see if they raided it.

Yesterday I raged for 10 seconds but then I went on with my business. Before I knew it, the site was up again.

Drakos.Amatras

Mar 23, 2011
I guess the downtime wasn't a big deal because it didn't really last that long. Maybe a few hours tops?

Still, I was curious about the sudden cut-off, so I looked up and was surprised to find out that this was an attack by LulzSec. I don't know why they did this, but I find their amusement at others' annoyance/inconvenience rather petty.

DanielDeFig

Oct 22, 2009
Attempted to post the same thing 2-3 times over the course of several hours after midnight. I finally succeeded in posting(I waited for the escapist to be back online long enough to pot by watching videos n browsing around other sites), after which I swiftly went to bed (An hour later, something else on the web distracted me XP!)

Cheesus333

Aug 20, 2008
Watched 'How I Met Your Mother' and tried to reconnect every now and again. I wasn't devastated, but I was pretty annoyed.

I also had a dream about the Escapist last night wherein I got a warning for a completely unoffensive post and spent hours obsessing over it, picking apart every word to see what I did wrong.

...Fun times.

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
What? It went down for about an hour or so, didn't bother me at all really, although at the time there was this thread which I would have liked to read.

rmb1983

I am the storm.
Mar 29, 2011
"Why isn't this shit working? Oh well, two hours before I leave for work, I'll have a nap."
I then worked 8 hours, went home, and here we are.

I didn't even know LulzSec had attacked us until I was dicking around online on my phone during a smoke break (in one of those uncommon times that I use the browser instead of playing Unblock Me [http://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/unblock-me/id315021242?mt=8] to keep my brain moving).

bl4ckh4wk64

Walking Mass Effect Codex
Jun 11, 2010
I cried for a little bit. Tried to go back, still wasn't working. Finally started working and now I'm making up for it by staying up until around 5

Dr Jones

Join the Bob Dylan Fangroup!
Jun 23, 2010
Cried, i was sooooooooooooo hyped for "going green 2".. I like COMICS ARE WEEEEEEEEIRD