How did you found out Santa wasn't real?

Eliam_Dar

Nov 25, 2009
my uncle disguised as Santa, and he was really really skinny back then... easy to spot.

chieften

Sep 15, 2009
I was about 10 and I came down to check on the milk and cookies in the morning, the cookies were gone, but the milk was still there and nearby was an empty bottle of beer. I asked my dad why santa left a beer bottle and didn't take the milk. He smiled and said, "Santa Claus wanted something alittle stronger this year."

Caradinist

Nov 19, 2009
I never believed it was Santa, i always thought it was Jesus, because we didn't have a chimney.

All the same, when i was told, i simply gave them a "I knew it" kind of answer. And that's really what matters, isn't it? that you acknowledge your parents/loved ones/acquaintances went through all the trouble to buy something you like for you instead of pretending a character did it?

Inuprince

Aug 12, 2008
This thread made me wonder - is it eventually a good idea to tell children this?
I mean they are going to find out sooner or later - and they are probably going to feel sad/bad about it or even cry ( depending on age ) ...
Maybe it's just better if they know that we love them and this is a very special occassion

So this is an interesting dilemma ... although only approaching the age of 19 I hopefully don't have to bother with this problem for at least another 6-10 years :)

MGlBlaze

Oct 28, 2009
My parents were burning some old paper documents and I was helping. I came across the shopping list for what arrived one Christmas. I forget what age I was... bleh, well I was fairly young anyway.

SecondmateFlint

Nov 24, 2009
I think I was having suspicions about the Tooth Fairy so I wrote a note to her one time and I realized the note she wrote back looked JUST like my Mom's handwriting. I confronted her about it and she told me that everything I knew was a lie.

Then we pretended for my younger brother but he never told us when he stopped believing. We probably looked like idiots for a couple years.

Njaard

Sep 17, 2009
WHAT?!?!??!!? SANTA'S NOT REAL?!?!?!?!?!?
In Norway we've a tradition of having someone dress up as santa and deliver some gifts, I recognized my dad when he dressed up. Nothing fancy.

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
Santa left me a letter saying that his workshop got backed up on making one of the gifts I wanted. The letter was printed on yellow paper with blue ink. I had to print a paper (I think I was 4th grade) and my paper came out on yellow paper with blue ink.

I have a friend who believed in Santa until Jr. high when someone ruined it. Her brother was really good about the whole Santa thing too. She told me a story of how one time she was trying to stay up late enough to see Santa, but then the news was on and they showed Santa flying over the Atlantic and he told her than from where Santa was it would be a 4 hour flight by plane, but since he has a lot of stops, it could take 6 or 7 hours and told her that he'd wake her up before Santa gets to their house. Needless to say he woke her up 8 hours later and said that they missed Santa.

KrakFoxx

Oct 29, 2009
I never "realised" as such, as time went by I began to notice how many presents were from family and friends, and my mum began to get sloppy with the secrecy. So I just kinda knew at some point...

Ninonybox_v1legacy

Apr 2, 2008
i wised up around 14 years old (never thought much about it......and i was an idiot). but we still do the "gifts appear under the tree" thing because its fun.

Ruagh

Nov 14, 2009
My parents sat me down one night told me that, as I surely already knew Santa wasn't real.

I did not already know, but I went with it anyway.

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
TheNamlessGuy said:
Jaranja said:
(He's a bit of a moron then, hint hint.) ^^

I never really believed in it. At least, I can't remember ever believing in a fat guy dressed in red that could fit down a chimney.
You don't say?

[sub]Also, how can you only have 2K posts?[/sub]
[sub]What do you mean?[/sub]

I've got a fuck load of games to play. FFXIII ATM.