How do I deal with a bossy dad?

Scarecrow

Jun 27, 2010
Now, I don't need alot of sleep, but my dad says I need lots of sleep for some resion. He also makes me eat breakfast every, even though I hate eating in the morning. So by the time the day begins, I'am already feeling pissed off and dad thinks it's because I didn't get anought sleep. How can I deal with this? Thanks for your help.

Kenko

Jul 25, 2010
Just do as he says for a while, then he wont badger you about it and at some point he'll stop noticing. Unless he's one of those really anal types. Then you're fucked.

Alon Shechter

Apr 8, 2010
Tell him that you'll do what you want to.
If that won't work, tell him again, maybe slightly raising your voice.
Worked for me.

Sir_Tor

Nov 29, 2009
1. Walk up to your dad
2. Falcon... PUNCH!
3. Take charge as the man of the family
4. ?????
5. Profit!

The Stonker

Feb 26, 2009
Sleep is nice.
Sleep is good.
Why are you against sleep!? D: It's nice going to sleep you can drift away into the land of dreams filled with pink unicorns and horny rats.
Well mine are atleast filled like that.
But really listen to your dad for a while he might be strict but he does make sense.
And why are you so pissed about breakfast? You really should learn to control your rage if you get angry because of food. (Watch the nugget lady video)

P.s.Your growing up so sleep tight.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Tell him that the only one you are harming by not eating and not sleeping is yourself, and that he has no reason to tell you you should do those things.

Alternatively, move out.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
The whole thing about people needing X numbers of hours sleep a night is wrong as far as I'm aware - it's not one size fits all. Some people may work best from 9 hours whilst others can be the same with only 6.

As for the breakfast thing, you should eat breakfast.

Furious Styles

Jul 10, 2010
He's only doing it out of misguided concern so don't be too obnoxious, just explain to him your point of view and see what happens.

or kill him and drink his blood, they're both good options.

Polyintrinsic

Dec 4, 2009
Breakfast is amazing!
So is sleeping!
I don't get you man.
Tell him if he makes something more delicious for breakfast you will eat it.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
What makes my Dad ignore me is doing something earlier in the day that he thinks is worthwhile. Then he'll feel that you haven't just spent the entire day on the computer (which I assume is the problem). Or convince him to let you have a computer in your room.

Necator15

Jan 1, 2010
The hell? He's trying to ensure you're healthy and you're pissed about it?

Dude, you're fourteen, your father knows what's better for you more than you do. You may not think you need the sleep, but you do. Also, it's best to get into the habit of eating a good breakfast.

David Bray

Jan 8, 2010
My god, are you 12?

You learn when your older that your parents are wiser than you think, even if they're less intelligent.

You need sleep to process everything from the mental to the physical. 7 is ideal (people say 8 but aparently they live shorter lives so go for 7)

and breakfast. My god you have no idea how important this meal is. The skipping of breakfast is likely the most foolish thing you can do. It doesn't have to be big, from a couple of fruit, through a bowl of cereal, to my favourite big bowl of ready brek, but it is crucial. The amount of people i know who have become fat, tired, and even gotten fired from their jobs for not eating breakfast is ridiculous.

In Stewie's words: Learn the rules!

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
If your best examples are someone making you breakfast and suggesting you get plenty of sleep, then you might want to reconsider how bossy your dad actually is. My advice would be to not let it get to you so much. I mean, this thread sounds a lot like "My dad is too nice and too interested in me! OMG! I wish my dad just let me do, like, whatever." I'll admit I have a pretty heavy bias; my parents were pretty neglectful, so I don't react well to people who inappropriately call normal parental interest "smothering".