How do I deal with a bossy dad?

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Shut up and do what your told... Why back in my day... we had to work 19 hours a day and all we made was 15 cents for a days work... and that was all before the age of 10.

So let me get this straight, youve got a father, who is telling you that you need to be rested and cooks you food? And your complaining about this?

Ehh, the prick side of me wants to say "Maybe your dad thinks you need more rest so you can figure out how to spell properly" but Ill just say, enjoy it while it lasts, because the older you get, the less time you get for sleep, from what ive seen.

Scarecrow

Jun 27, 2010
ok then. I guess that you are all right. I really souldn't let it get to me. Thanks for all you help!

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
If you really want to catch him off guard, you might want to thank him next time he makes you breakfast.

The Stonker

Feb 26, 2009
viranimus said:
Shut up and do what your told... Why back in my day... we had to work 19 hours a day and all we made was 15 cents for a days work... and that was all before the age of 10.

So let me get this straight, youve got a father, who is telling you that you need to be rested and cooks you food? And your complaining about this?

Ehh, the prick side of me wants to say "Maybe your dad thinks you need more rest so you can figure out how to spell properly" but Ill just say, enjoy it while it lasts, because the older you get, the less time you get for sleep, from what ive seen.
Sorry that I'm asking you but how old are you? You do sound like a very interesting person.

darkman80723

Jul 1, 2009
...so whats the problem here? your father just wants to ensure that you are happy and healthy in your life; not pulling guns on you, beating the hell out of you, or constantly belittling you? wanna trade, you can go live with my Dad for a few weeks...then see if there is still a problem.

Scarecrow

Jun 27, 2010
Captain Placeholder said:
Scarecrow 8 said:
Now, I don't need alot of sleep, but my dad says I need lots of sleep for some resion. He also makes me eat breakfast every, even though I hate eating in the morning. So by the time the day begins, I'am already feeling pissed off and dad thinks it's because I didn't get anought sleep. How can I deal with this? Thanks for your help.
The stonker said:
Sleep is nice.
Sleep is good.
Why are you against sleep!? D: It's nice going to sleep you can drift away into the land of dreams filled with pink unicorns and horny rats.
Well mine are atleast filled like that.
But really listen to your dad for a while he might be strict but he does make sense.
And why are you so pissed about breakfast? You really should learn to control your rage if you get angry because of food. (Watch the nugget lady video)

P.s.Your growing up so sleep tight.
Exactly what this person said. You need sleep. Hell, just be happy that you can get to sleep. Many people across the world can barely sleep at night due to insomnia and other illnesses. Also, eat your god-damned breakfast in the morning. For god sakes, if you truly are getting "Angry" because he is making you eat in the morning then you need to get your ass beat. Once again, many people across the world can barely pay to have freaking dinner. Stop being a little brat and just be happy that you get food :mad:

LS;S - Stop whining and just do what your father tells you like a good little boy you are :mad:
oh man, now I feel like a prick, and you are right:( I really faild here. Sorry that I wasted your time.

Levitas1234

Oct 28, 2009
Either take his advice, grow up, move out, our deck him across the face.

Those literally are your only 4 options

I say quit acting like a kid and confront your dad like a rational reasonable adult and not a butt hurt 15 year old.
(fucking sleep and eat breakfast, that's all your dad asks you to do...)
Ponder the above it might help you do step number 2

Scarecrow

Jun 27, 2010
The stonker said:
viranimus said:

Sorry that I'm asking you but how old are you? You do sound like a very interesting person.
I'am 15, and feeling very sorry for my self.:(

Schwerganoik

Jul 1, 2010
My Dad's bossiness taught me to be a sneaky bastard. In your shoes, I probably would wait in bed until Dad was out of sight and then started having whatever fun that I could without making noise. When the morning comes, I would make up whatever reason I could to explain my lack of appetite.

Either that, or you can foghorn your dad at 5 in the morning to show that yes, you are getting enough sleep.

The Stonker

Feb 26, 2009
Scarecrow 8 said:
The stonker said:
viranimus said:

I'am 15, and feeling very sorry for my self.:(
Oh no don't be ^^ Everyone go through a small rebellion stage in their lives I just went through mine a little bit earlier.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
The stonker said:
"I was born yesterday, 300 years ago, and there's no explanation for this situation that Im in and I dont wanna live forever, its just the way its always been."

Ehh, somewhere in early 30s Dont celebrate birthdays, And my license is in the other room to get the exact date. But I say dont look at my age as a factor, because Ive been a really fucked up individual for a very long time. Even as a kid I was a "strange little duck"

EDIT: Woo for ego problems assuming that it was directed at me:D

AngryMongoose

Elite Member
Jan 18, 2010
Baseball bat when he sleeps.

In seriousness, in this description, he doesn't sound all that bossy. You should, however, direct him to one of the many articles that lie ins, specifically sleeping late through mornings, is a natural thing for teenagers and that denying them it can affect growth, and damage mental stability and long term sleeping patterns.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/secondaryeducation/4957918/Teenagers-improve-grades-with-a-lie-in.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/2009/mar/08/teenagers-sleep-education-secondary-school

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/1939284.stm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1160335/Teenage-pupils-need-lie-Headteacher-says-lessons-start-11am.html

These took my all of 20 seconds to get ahold of, so there's probably quite a few around.

The BBC, The Guardian, the Daily Mail and The Telegraph; one of those should appeal to him. Unless he's a Times reader, though they've probably run the article too.

------
TheAngryMongoose - Late Sleeper, Late Waker, and proud.

The Stonker

Feb 26, 2009
viranimus said:
The stonker said:
"I was born yesterday, 300 years ago, and there's no explanation for this situation that Im in and I dont wanna live forever, its just the way its always been."

Ehh, somewhere in early 30s Dont celebrate birthdays, And my license is in the other room to get the exact date. But I say dont look at my age as a factor, because Ive been a really fucked up individual for a very long time. Even as a kid I was a "strange little duck"
Ah then we have something in common my friend!
I was mostly thinking about the fact that you said that you were working for 30 cents per hour. And that was when I was thinking woah where does he live? Or woah he might be old so he might have some cool stories under his belt :3

Blue Musician

Mar 23, 2010
Scarecrow 8 said:
Now, I don't need alot of sleep, but my dad says I need lots of sleep for some resion. He also makes me eat breakfast every, even though I hate eating in the morning. So by the time the day begins, I'am already feeling pissed off and dad thinks it's because I didn't get anought sleep. How can I deal with this? Thanks for your help.
First of all, I strongly suggest you do have your breakfast every morning. But to be honest he's is nothing compared to my dad. Just follow his orders if those 2 are all of them.

TheLastCylon

Apr 14, 2009
Scarecrow 8 said:
He doesn't sound that bossy, he sounds like he's trying to make you have a healthier lifestyle.

I suggest listening to him.

May 28, 2009
Reverse psychology. Star sleeping loads, complain when he makes you get up, eat loads for breakfast, complain when he says you're having too much.

Or start pressuring him to get lots of sleep and eat his breakfast. Watch him eat every mouthful. That'll terrify him hopefully. That's the goal right?