How do I deal with a bossy dad?

Sinclair Solutions

Jul 22, 2010
In my opinion, he seems like he just wants you to be healthy. He sounds like a good dad to me. Just try to understand he just wants what is best for you. If you don't like his...let's call it "delivery", give him Dale Carnegie's "How to Win Friends and Influence People" as a gift. It's all about how to get people to do things. It will make your life easier and make him seem less "bossy".

CarbonEagle

Apr 19, 2008
I wish my dad made me breakfast. All he does is pry into my personal life every morning (which is one of my pet peeves)

If you wake up on your own (without an alarm or light or something) your probably getting enough sleep. Just tell him that in a nice reasonable way. On the other hand if you have trouble concentrating in school (including the boring stuff) you may want to add an hour or 2 of sleep to your routine. It makes a WORLD of difference. You'll probably be happier more often too (so less rage over your bossy dad :p).If you don't like to sleep cause you want to do stuff, your 15, you have another 65+ years to do stuff, don't sweat it. Haven't you ever seen old people sitting on their porch watching cars drive by? They probably ran out of stuff to do.
Breakfast is the tastiest meal of the day. You get fruits, sausages, eggs, bacon, milk, toast, cereal...(obviously not all at once) how could you not want to eat any of that.

Id recommend just do it. You'll get used to it. You may even enjoy it.

Valiance

Jan 14, 2009
Holy shit, I think my twin made this thread.

I would just get mad and remind him you're not hungry, even though he will state 6-7 times how important it is and that you need to eat, etc, at least remind him that you don't feel that way. Maybe once you're like 21, he'll respect you.

My dad still pesters me at roughly 30 minute intervals to sleep, anywhere from midnight to 4 am.

bloodychimp

Jul 22, 2009
I agree, he should spend less time telling you to go to bed....

and more time teaching you how to spell.

Steppin Razor

Dec 15, 2009
You know those people out there that research sleep? Yeah, they generally recommend at least 8 hours sleep a day, even going so far as 9 to 9.5 hours for teenagers. You know what happens when you don't get enough sleep in your teens? You become a surly frigging teenager that half the adults you come across just want to punch in the face. But of course, teenagers know best. I mean, what would thousands of doctors know about health? Just because you think you're fine with getting only a little sleep doesn't mean your body particularly likes it.

We'll move on from that though, as that's not the important bit here. What is truly important is that you're saying your dad is bossy because he makes you eat breakfast. And because you don't like eating breakfast, you get pissed off. Let me just repeat this so that I understand - eating breakfast of a morning makes you angry.

And once more for dramatic effect - you're getting angry and saying your dad is being bossy, because he forces you to eat breakfast?

*sigh*

He could be a drunken bum that throws empty beer bottles at you and abuses you, but he isn't. He could beat you and spend all his money on drugs, but he doesn't. He's actively taking an interest in the growth and development of his son, and you think that by making you eat breakfast and get a decent amount of sleep, he's being too bossy.

No. Just no. He's being a good father and you need to MAN THE FUCK UP. Life is full of things that people don't like doing. Spending 12-18 years of your life having to eat breakfast and go to bed when you're told is so incredibly minor compared to some of the shit you may have to deal with later on in life. Just suck it up and take this minor inconvenience like a man.

Hashime

Jan 13, 2010
Scarecrow 8 said:
Now, I don't need alot of sleep, but my dad says I need lots of sleep for some resion. He also makes me eat breakfast every, even though I hate eating in the morning. So by the time the day begins, I'am already feeling pissed off and dad thinks it's because I didn't get anought sleep. How can I deal with this? Thanks for your help.
Scarecrow 8 said:
Now, I don't need alot of sleep, but my dad says I need lots of sleep for some resion. He also makes me eat breakfast every, even though I hate eating in the morning. So by the time the day begins, I'am already feeling pissed off and dad thinks it's because I didn't get anought sleep. How can I deal with this? Thanks for your help.
All of his points are perfectly valid and supported by science, I would listen to them. When you get to university you will miss the ability to sleep and eat breakfast, trust me.

Blackjack 222

Dec 2, 2009
Sleeping pills(for you) and unless your job includes lot of work Breakfast is usually not needed(i say this because if i don't do anything a day i skip breakfast it won't hurt me) but if i skip breakfast on a work day i feel like shit.

Cyan.

May 10, 2010
Just be thankful modern parients no longer beat their insolent children and go to bed...

A Pious Cultist

Jul 4, 2009
Scarecrow 8 said:
He makes you have a regular and sensible sleep pattern and diet? The ************!