How do my fellow escapists feel about guns? (The real kind)

warm slurm

Dec 10, 2010
I think just by looking at the amount of shooting sprees in the US and comparing them to say, the UK, you can tell they're a bad idea. Yeah, guns are for "protection" but if you have it in your house, locked away, not loaded, safety on, etc. you're not going to have time to go and get it and load it and all that shit if a psycho barges into your house and threatens you with their own. And carrying a loaded gun around with you for protection is a bad idea.

Guns don't kill people, we know that. Pro-gun people don't need to drill that into other people's heads anymore. They don't kill people, but having them a stone's throw away makes it a hell of a lot easier for a person to kill another person.

The countless number of school shootings in the US should be enough for anyone to not be pro-gun, imo. As far as I'm aware, there's been two school shootings in the UK, and one of them had no victims. Compare that to the US. Everybody knows about Columbine and Virginia Tech, but there's been so many others. It's horrifying; it almost makes it seem like they're becoming commonplace.

Chamale

Sep 9, 2009
Capcom4ever said:
Chamale said:
I'm all for illegal gun control. Since many gun crimes are convicted with unregistered, smuggled, or stolen weapons, I feel that the penalties should be increased for dealing in or possessing these illegal guns.
Herp derp. Isn't that, by definition, impossible? Or at least, the possession part?
No. I'm saying that when someone is caught in possession of an unlicensed or illegal firearm, they should be penalized more harshly.

cptawesome

Nov 2, 2009
I understand that guns are necessary for self-defense and that having one simply increases your sense of security. And I know that there are many people who enjoy shooting for sport. However, I am very cautious around them, because I know how easy it is for the gun to accidentally go off.

There's a PSA i saw when I was little (couldn't find it) where two kids find their dad's gun and the son shoots the daughter. Looking back, it was badly made, but it scarred me for life.

i personally prefer archery. It's a little difficult to have a recurve bow discharge in your pants!