How do you deal with loading times?

Adzma

Sep 20, 2009
I sit and wait... and wait... and continue to wait. Sadly I actually have the patience to just sit there and count the seconds drag by, the only exception is when I've just died and I'm eager to push forward. This becomes amplified if I've died multiple times... then the game had best be wary...

Chishandfips

Ecstatic Sausage Consumer
Aug 20, 2008
It generally depends on what's loading. If it's just a normal loading screen, I'll usually just look at the screen and listen to the music if there is any. If I'm trying to connect to an online game, which given the crappiness of my internet connection can take around 20 minutes if I'm really persistent/bored, then I tend to break out a book.

Back in the 'old' days, when the rotating object in the corner was a 2D sprite, I used to enjoy tricking my brain into seeing it rotate in the opposite direction. It worked surprisingly often!

Fraught

Aug 2, 2008
You dom what? Wait, read something or go fetch something to eat?

Pfft. During loading times, I save the world.

[small]I help kittens off trees, kill terrorists and help poor, starving African children.[/small]

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Pyromanaical said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Watch the screen tips. Nearly all games have them now. If they don't, I usually just sit there.
Yeah, Team Fortress 2 ought to keep you occupied.
Quite the contradiction, actually. That's boring as hell. It's usually the same numbers except for the time as class.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
If on the computer: Freecell. Before my scores got cleaned I had over 1000 wins and an 85% win rate.
If on the consoles: I do nothing. Just fiddle with the controller most of the time.

DewMan001

Oct 27, 2007
I'd probably play with a Rubik's Cube or a Sudoku, or a little collectible figurine if I have one nearby. Might even have a PEZ.

ottenni

Aug 13, 2009
Recently iv'e been doing homework. Weird i know but in three days i wont have to ever again so it makes sense to me.

postzit

Apr 15, 2009
hum a song then wonder for the next 10 loading screens what on earth that song was.

or stick on a rock song with and awsome gutiar solo and end up doing air gutair.

Discord

Monk of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2009
- Try to read or look at pictures on the loading screen (if there's any)
- Get my Ipod out and find a song for the mood of the game I'm playing
- Look up the game online (if laptop is in reach)
- Get a drink
- Put in a load of laundry
- Plug up something to charge (more than likely my Headset or DS)

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
TheNamlessGuy said:
(I'm playing Oblivion right now, even!)
Probably the most load-happy game in history...

Bethesda...

LET US FAST TRAVEL STRAIGHT TO INDOOR LOCATIONS... PLEASE.

TriGGeR_HaPPy

Another Regular. ^_^
May 22, 2008
I usually just wait it out. Might get a drink or something to eat, but that's about it.

There aren't too many loading screens nowadays that take more then a minute or 2.
o_O