How do you deal with these VERY COMMON gaming situations?

Jamieson 90

Mar 29, 2010
1) Don't have a baby brother/sister - other kid I would challenge them to a game where you can't button bash :)
2) This situation would never arise, I am an adult so my mother can't make me do anything, also im sure she could wait 5 minuites if she really wanted me to go. If its not important I don't need to go and if it is important I would not care about the game anymore.
3)I would be pretty annoyed but nothing I can do so have to load latest save and do it again.
4) Don't have a console but if a family member turned off my computer I would be pretty annoyed.
5) I have back up discs...
6) Mute VOIP, continue playing, see if I can learn something from how they are beating me.
7) If playing at a LAN then I could bring it up to a one of the tournament hosts, if playing online I would try restarting and rejoining ASAP.
8) Buy another copy whilst being annoyed.
9) Again PC - would not happen unless it was a particular clans server, Id brush it off as them being dicks and forget about it anyway.
10) Again don't have console or webcam so would not happen.

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
pulse2 said:
1) Your baby sister / brother has beaten you in a game you have been playing for a long time by button bashing and is showing you up.
2) You are in the middle of an epic battle of which you would have to start all over again if you quit and you can't save at this moment in time, mother comes in and says you are going out with her, NOW! Switch off!
3) Game freezes during a crucial moment.
4) Family member switches off you console during a crucial moment somehow.
5) All your saves and data have mysteriously been deleted on your harddrive :O
6) Another online gamer is beating you hands down, laughing hysterically and insulting you and your family.
7) Your controllers have myseriously become inverted, up is down, left is right, A is X, O is triangle, start is select right in between an FPS tournament with $10,000 as the prize, going to options seems to have no effect.
8) Your favourite game is scratched rendering it unplayable, you've lost the reciept AND the one you had was a rare copy.
9) You've been banned from online for being antisocial, whats that? You weren't? Tough luck!
10) You find out your console has been hacked and someone has been watching you via your kinect / eyecam all this time, who knows what they've been doing with those clips, but there doesn't seem to be a way to trace back to them, the next day you find clips of yourself all over the interwebs :D
1-10) Slap something. Be it the person causing a problem or the device. IT. ALWAYS. WORKS!

OT: Joking aside.

1)Turn around and give them a stare. That'll get them to play properly.

2)Argue that this is training for the inevitable apocalypse so that I may survive when the struggle for life throughout humanity begins. Plan B: Say no and play on.

3)FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU *reset*

4)This has happened before... Redo everything I guess. [sub] Halo:Reach on Legendary fighting those two hunters at Sword base 1st time with only a shotgun and assault rifle. Just killed one hunter and my xbox gets turned off... NOT FUNNY AT ALL[/sub]

5)Happened on my PSP whilst playing Peacewalker after accidentally dropping it. Turns out I just had to relock the memory card.

6)Ignore them. If they are so childish as to act this way I'll just return to matchmaking at the end of the match.

7)"Excuse me, My controller seems to be messed up." Usually works.

8)Well this happened with my Kingdom Hearts game disc except it wasn't rare. Also the saves became corrupt on my PS2. I had to go out and purchase a new one and start over...

9)Er what? What game bans you for being antisocial? Unless you mean insulting someone and generally ruining other peoples' experience in the game. Send a complaint to the company and get unbanned?

10)Well my Kinect hasn't been plugged in since around January so the only way someone would record me is through web cam. SO they have footage of me typing and klicking? okay. Why?

Magicman10893

Aug 3, 2009
pulse2 said:
These are hypothetical and random -_- Don't take them seriously!

Also, there is FAACTUAL proof that these happen all the time to gamers....I just don't have those facts with me at the moment :| And I can't find them online.....you'll just have to take my word for it. :D

1) Your baby sister / brother has beaten you in a game you have been playing for a long time by button bashing and is showing you up.
2) You are in the middle of an epic battle of which you would have to start all over again if you quit and you can't save at this moment in time, mother comes in and says you are going out with her, NOW! Switch off!
6) Another online gamer is beating you hands down, laughing hysterically and insulting you and your family.
7) Your controllers have myseriously become inverted, up is down, left is right, A is X, O is triangle, start is select right in between an FPS tournament with $10,000 as the prize, going to options seems to have no effect.
8) Your favourite game is scratched rendering it unplayable, you've lost the reciept AND the one you had was a rare copy.
9) You've been banned from online for being antisocial, whats that? You weren't? Tough luck!
10) You find out your console has been hacked and someone has been watching you via your kinect / eyecam all this time, who knows what they've been doing with those clips, but there doesn't seem to be a way to trace back to them, the next day you find clips of yourself all over the interwebs :D
1) Impossible. I don't have any siblings or younger cousins that come to my house.
2) I pause the game and turn off the TV, leaving the game perfectly intact.
3) I mutter, "God dammit!" and reset the Xbox.
4) I call them a stupid ****...
5) Has happened before. Mutter, "God dammit. Oh well, at least it is an excuse to beat the game again." Happened with Oblivion and Knights of the Old Republic, only I somehow accidentally saved over my previous saves because the list of saves has all the different characters together instead of separating them like a sensible game (Mass Effect and Dragon Age).
6) I mute him and continue playing.
7) I contact an official, hoping that they'll stop the match and get the problem fixed.
8) I rent the game from the local game rental store and swap the discs. I had to do it with Saints Row 2. Or I go and buy another copy if I find it cheap. I had to do that with The Sims 2 on the console and I had to buy a copy of The Warriors for the PS2 since the Xbox version isn't backwards compatible on the 360.
9) I play my games offline until the ban lifts, or I make a temporary account to play online.
10) Multi-part answer: (1) I don't have a Kinect. (2) I would disconnect it. (3) If I did find videos of myself on the internet I would seriously call the police and disconnect the Kinect (lol) if it wasn't already.

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
1)Beat the crap out of them in RL.
2)Don't live with my mum anymore but when she did I asked for at least 10 minutes.
3)Through my controller/keyboard against the wall and proceed to rage for 5 minutes.
4)Depending on who it is beat the crap out of them. If its a mother/father/grandparent be like "WTF ARE YOU DOING FIJ#*DEUW#J#ED#JD"
5)Find a way to get them back thats what
6)Say "oh yeah well I still win, Last word." Then mute them. See, I get the last word because I can't hear their come back so they're just talking to themselves. I win
7)Rage quit
8)Rage... RAGE HARD
9)RAGE EVEN HARDER
10)RAGE SO GOD DAMN HARD FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

FirmartheTrilby

Sep 13, 2010
1)I definitly wouldn't be happy that's for sure...But I would train some more and kick his/her ass! (I am really glad I am the only child)
2)I simply refuse and my mother always gives up in the end
3)Ah that is always so annoying, god bless save function
4)Glad I don't have console HA! But anyway, no way it can happen my mother knows it might damage the pc + I always lock myself in the room, but if it would be really happen... That person would be really suprised what I got to say to him
5)Swearing, a lot of it.
6)Just ignore him, that's what I always do
7)PCs for the win
8)Steam ftw
9)How did they know?!!!
10)That person would really really really regret it and propably commit suicide...Oh ye...It's that bad! (again I don't have console but still~)

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
1) They wouldn't, my games aren't Super Smash Bros.
2) That wouldn't ever happen.
3) If you think any point in an online game is crucial, you need to get your priorities straight. Any Single player game worth a damn should have regular auto save.
4) They wouldn't.
5) They wouldn't. They can't just get deleted like that.
6) They wouldn't. I don't play on Xbox Live.
7) That wouldn't work on a PC.
8) I'm not stupid enough to scratch, or let someone else scratch, something valuable of mine.
9) You can't be banned from 'online'. The only equivalent is a VAC ban on Steam or XBOX live. I don't play on the latter, the former is easily solved with an email.
10) I don't have a webcam or kinect.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
pulse2 said:
10) You find out your console has been hacked and someone has been watching you via your kinect
1) consider your kid sister might just be a badass and don't be a dick, let them play more even it they beat you.
2) (if you can't just pause) politely ask for another 10 minutes, if refused then just switch it off and later have a constructive conversation about time management so if she want you to go-somewhere/do-something then ask to be informed in advance so you know not to get deep into something.
3) take a break, calm down then get back to the game and work back to where you were.
4) explain your disappointment in assertive and clear terms. if they ignore you them prank them in the same way TILL THEY LEARN!
5) restore from backup or obtain alternate saves from online... or start again. If you don't enjoy playing through the game a second time maybe the game isn't worth playign because it's a stupid grinding RPG.
6) disconnect
7) fix it, ask for more time if necessary, if not enough time then forfeit and preserve your honour.
8) try to get the disc repaired with those disc buffing things. If that doesn't work then suck it up and buy a new copy.
9) send an email apologising for anything misunderstanding and ask for an appeal
10) so the internet has footage of me sitting there bored with a controller in my hand. Big whoop.

GrinningManiac

Jun 11, 2009
1) I'd question why I'm playing the type of game where you could do that (don't play fighters). Assuming I am playing such a game, I'd turn on my mean-mode, where I verbally dissect them, their arguments and their acheivements. Guaranteed to wind 'em up.
2) Pause the game (assuming it's singleplayer) and turn off the screen. You should be able to still pause regardlesss of what's happening.
3) Rage and feverently pray it unjams.
4) Get annoyed, tell them off. Nothing much I can do about it.
5) This has happened. I was not happy.
6) Leave the server. What do I care? It's not as if I'll ever see him again. Or, if I can, suddenly turn the tables and utterly destroy him whilst asking innocent questions like "What was that about my mother again?"
7) Call hacks or glitch and demand assistance. If it's got money going then it's undoubtedly a proper tournament with officials and administrators who will help me out. If not...CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.
8) Has happened. Was not happy.
9) Good, didn't like the multiplayer anyway :p. The only MP games I regularly play is TF2 and...TF2 again. They don't do that kind of thing on a general "banned for life from all online" ordeal.
10) It'd be dull footage let me tell you. If I was doing something funny and it becomes a meme then I'd be awesome. If I was raging then I can't think for the life of me what induced that behaviour. Oh well, I'm internet-famous now.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
Nile McMorrow said:
1-10) Slap something. Be it the person causing a problem or the device. IT. ALWAYS. WORKS!
It's true

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Percussive_maintenance

there is a whole wikipedia page about it, even NASA endorses it.