How do you pass the time waiting for an upcoming game release?

blizzaradragon

Mar 15, 2010
I'm going to throw many people on this thread for a loop, and say I'm not waiting for Skyrim at all. In fact, the game I'm waiting for most is Skyward Sword.

As for what I do, I usually start playing games in the same series to get me hyped up for a new title and put the other games towards the front of my brain. I recently went through Ocarina of Time again, and am going through Twilight Princess again. Hopefully there will be some cool stuff to notice between those games and Skyward Sword :)

TheRussian

May 8, 2011
I spend my time by NOT thinking about the game, and pretty much going along with my life.
Note: a side effect of "life" may involve social interaction.

KarmaTheAlligator

Mar 2, 2011
Waiting for ME3 by replaying ME and ME2, or doing something similar for other series. And then there are games I've been waiting forever to get and I still haven't gotten around to even though they've been released already, because I waited too long and the excitement is gone.

Suicida1 Midget

Jun 11, 2011
Play through some games, grind achievements. Try to keep my must beat ay christmas game untouched. (there are a few games ex kirby 64, pokemon snap that as a kid i didnt completly beat, so around christmas i make a huge effort to beat them.) Otherwise go to other hobbies.

Username Redacted

Dec 29, 2010
While I'm currently waiting for Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and Saints Row: the Third I've been using the down time between the last few major releases to slowly progress through Beyond Good and Evil HD. I've also added Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines to my down time queue.

AndrewF022

Jan 23, 2010
Stand at the counter and periodically ask the clerk whether the game is out yet or not, and groan when they say 'for the millionth time, NO!'

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Play various other games. While waiting for Friday, I think it'll mainly be Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise, still got plenty to do on that.

Biek

Mar 5, 2008
Im waiting for skyrim, but I think ill just wait next to the store.

Still closed.
Still closed!
hmm

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
2 Games help me pass the time because they dont get boring (EVER!)

The games Bloodline champions and League of Legends do the trick nicely, I can wait forever for Batman Arkham asylum (PC Version) as long as I have those 2 to play :D

tombman888

Jul 12, 2009
Usually, i'd play TF2 and probably not hear about anything game-release related until it was already out and i saw it in the shops.....

But since my computer STILL isn't fixed...... i sit here watching youtube vids.

damselgaming

Feb 3, 2009
I go to my job, and earn money with which to buy games. Cannot wait however. 4 day week for me guys!

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
Waiting for Cave Story and Mario Kart by playing through Human Revolution, which I never got around to finishing back when it came out. Despite pre-ordering the Augmented edition.

Matrixbeast

Sep 18, 2010
Oh God, I can't wait for Ultimate Marvel.
So what I normally do is just play random games to pass the time, such as CoD, BlazBlue, Street Fighter, or whatever else I have.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Um... I do something productive? You know - study, work, sports, ...?

I love gaming, I truly do, but in the end it's a hobby, and as such represents a small but welcome reprieve from normal everyday life.

arrapippol

Jun 10, 2010
I would kill time the same way I do while waiting for a new book to come out. Read the preceding books, or if there are none, read books from a similar genre to get/keep me in the mood for it. And with a bit of forced patience, of course.

aether-x3

Jul 15, 2010
I play my many other games? draw,go on tumblr/fb, Go on with my life?

Though In prep for AC:revelations, Ive restarted AC: Brotherhood.