How do you take being beat by a girl On games?

Roroshi14

Dec 3, 2009
Usually when i get beat by a girl its on Tekken and usually by one of my little sisters. In which case I feel proud, cuz im the gamer in my family, and when they win I feel that I have trained them well and helped them enjoy games even if its a little. Also my friend constantly beats me in Halo. They are just better it doesnt effect me 'cept for gettin me mad cussin at them, but i do that anyways.

Xzithelost

Aug 25, 2011
Spectral Dragon said:
Xzithelost said:
Now i play Alot of TF2 over 2000 hours And I use my real name as my online ID (Zoey)
And of course i get the Blah blah blah Your a Fat guy Acting like a girl And i never respond to people when they ask me my Gender But i wanna know how you feel if you get better by a girl gamer and know it's a "Girl" For sure.
And usually When i beat people they try and add me and Kiss my arse F**k sake i know real life girls are scary but jeez :3

Captcha: Which one is yellow?
Zoey... That name rings a bell. Do you have special weapons too, like standard bazooka being named "Zoey's slender tube" and the Direct hit named "Fuck you heavy"?

If so, you've beaten me. Or... More like rubbed my face in the dirt. DAMN good player.

But no, gender doesn't matter. Nor does anything else, really. I could fight against Obama, a jellyfish, or a bottle of Irn Bru. Doesn't matter as long as the fight is FUN. :D

I don't remember ever naming my weapons to those two names But i do rename alot of my TF2 items And i mostly play On australian servers and VSH (Vs saxton hale to unknown TF2 players)

Arslan Aladeen

Oct 9, 2012
I've played against plenty of girls in various Rainbow Six games, I've lost to my fair share of them. I react the same way to them as I would to any player. I throw down the controller and scream obscenities into the mike till they leave. No seriously, I usually stay cool. If they keep to themselves, so do I, and if they're friendly, I'll be friendly. If they're a jerk, I mute them.

BoredAussieGamer

Aug 7, 2011
Don't care. Given how much TF2 and Planetside 2 I've played, I've probably had my ass kicked by hundreds of people without Y chromosomes, and it really doesn't bother me. Even if they outright identified themselves or made it apparent (by speaking), I really wouldn't care.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
Competition doesn't mean much to me, but I have an adequate skill-set which makes competition fun. To beat me means that the girl is at least interested in gaming culture enough to have gained those skills as well. Saying I'd be aroused would be a comical exaggeration, but I'd be curious about the girl in the context of a relationship. Gaming hardly is the right qualifier for finding a partner, but it is a central part of who I am, and if she shares that with me, there could be some stable ground to jump off from. I don't get the impression that a lot of girls like games beyond the social aspect of them [footnote]The girls I've been exposed to prefer games like Pictionary, or trivia games. The things you do in groups where competition is only there as a base requirement to separate it from a party activity[/footnote], so a girl that enjoys competition, even in the "ha! I bested you!" level I work at, is an attractive prospect.

Gearhead mk2

Aug 1, 2011
Same way I would normaly. If they beat me fairly, I admit that. If they beat me cheaply, I rage against them. Though given how mysogonistic and stupid some gaming communities are, I always admire them for sticking around through it all.

Quazimofo

Aug 30, 2010
KefkaCultist said:
My friend (who is a girl) kicks my ass at fighting games all the time and I've been beaten at Mario Kart by my brother's wife a few times.

Doesn't bother me in the slightest, but I've never understood the whole "GURLS CAN'T PLAY GAMEZZZZ!" mentality anyway. They're still people like us, just lacking a penis. :p
Well, about not having a penis...... lets just say thats not always applicable.
But in all seriousness, i really dont care. Im just more surprised when i actually meet a girl who plays games, because most i run into, being a student of the chicago public school system, are kinda "ghetto" stereotypes, and so they dont play games, at least not to my knowledge.

Im sure there are more than ive seen, its just a bit of a rarity for me to run into one. Still, it ultimately changes nothing when a girl beats me, unless we were in some kind of argument prior in which case prejudices i dont even believe in arise mostly for the sake of being insulting to the other person, because when im mad i dont think properly.

The good news is that i rarely get mad at people who best me at games unless they act like an ass about it.

Slash Dementia

Apr 6, 2009
I have the same reaction when a male beats me at a game. There's no difference to me at all. They're just playing games just like me, their gender doesn't make them better or worse. I also generally don't really care about winning and losing so much. It doesn't bother me unless the other person is cheating or I get stuck with a pretty sucky team (team killers, idle players, people who help the other team in any way). My girlfriend is way better than me at some games, and it's perfectly fine when she beats me (since she's only of the only people I know that are girls for sure with whom I play with).

Section Crow

Infamous Scribbler for Life
Aug 26, 2009
Passive, i care little on gender and more on personality

If you were being a bad sport for example, i would be less then happy that you were giving me a smack down. If you were male or female would be insubstantial.

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
Don't really care about the gender of the person when I'm online playing video games, honestly. Someone whom kicks my ass on a game, regardless of male or female gender, better watch out for the comeback asskicking once I get better at the game in question.

Also, all the girls in my guild on TOR are perverted guys at heart, so we all get along really well.

XIGBARx13

Nov 19, 2009
I just roll with it. A gamer's a gamer, no matter their gender. And if they're better than me, so be it.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Most of the men I've beaten have taken it with some dignity and respect.

...One was 13 years old so that ended exactly how you think it did. Wasn't important so much as it was damn funny.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
There are few mortals who can best me at anything.
If some of them are female, I don't see how it matters.