How important do you consider sex?

Ham_authority95

Dec 8, 2009
I'm a horny teenager, so I place a lot of importance on the actual act of "getting off" because my brain is wired too. (thank you, right hand)

However, I don't place any importance on the intimate or "luvvy-duvvy" side of it, considering that I don't have a partner to begin with.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
BonsaiK said:
RatRace123 said:
BonsaiK said:
That's a very broad question. I assign different aspects of sex and sexuality different levels of importance. I don't think I can really answer your question as it currently stands.
What else do you think I should add?
I think it would help if either the question was narrower, or you gave more information on exactly what specific areas of sex and sexuality you'd like people to address, perhaps in a list form or something.
Alright, I made it a bit more specific. Thanks for the suggestions.

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
Berethond said:
I'm decidedly "Meh" about the issue right now.

If a hot girl jumps in my lap, then sure, I might... but I wouldn't go chasing after it either.
This pretty succinctly sums up what I was going to say to be honest...I'v always been told that once you have sex you get a kind of urge for it but honestly, I don't see it. Maybe I consider myself completely separate from this idea that you're suffering if you're not getting it regularly, I don't know. What I do know is that it seriously can be lived without for periods of time, contrary to what some people say and act like.

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
OK, I couldn't have a relationship with somebody I don't fancy (i.e. don't want to have sex with, probs kind of obvious) so yes I find it important. I do find it funny your choice of avatar, OP, what with the question.

Free Thinker

Apr 23, 2010
At this point, I could really care less. Being single and at the point where I could care less about that also, it isn't anywhere near my priorities and may never be. I'll just go with the flow, and if I do have sex, not that big a deal.

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
Sex is meh. I don't care if I never have sex again.

I have more important things I could be doing with 30-45 minutes of my time.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Sex is a part of the relationship. And it is important. If there are problems in the bed room, there will be problems elsewhere.

How often do I think about it? Probably daily.
Do I base a relationship on it? No, it's a part of the relationship, but not the only thing.

I do feel that we over emphasize it. Recently went out with some friends who just wanted to get laid. That's not what I want...

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
At the moment, sex means nothing to me. Sure, I have my urges, but I get past them. Sex ruined my last relationship, so I'm not too in a hurry to go at it again.

CaptainKoala

Elite Member
May 23, 2010
Pirate Kitty said:
I have sex just about everyday.

I don't know if it's important, but it's a fun way to express what words can't.

When you love your partner that much, you want to make them feel as good as you can, as often as you can :)
Everyday? Man you must have a pretty special relationship with spouse/girlfriend

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
I really don't care for it. I can see why people want it, but I could live with it or without it.

Thy Doctor

Nov 5, 2010
Bah I may sound like a loser but I've always preferred snuggling then the hardcore, sweaty, brutal sex. For me sex has almost always been too much, and I'd much rather just spend an evening with my partner.

Stalk3rchief

Sep 10, 2008
I enjoy it, but for both emotional and physical aspects. That's the closest you'll ever get to the one you love. (Not including children, you sick demented freaks.)

ntnimara

Oct 3, 2008
pretty important in the context of a relationship, because it offers an opportunity to share intimate private moments of mutual joy with another human being (when you're doing it right)

Intimacy is key to forming a relationship. I'm not saying a relationship cannot work without sex, you can find some other intimate activity. But sex, when done right, can serve this. It is an exploration into our feral/animalistic sides. Also it's fun and healthy.

Use protection.

shogunblade

Apr 13, 2009
I know sex is for the continuation of our species, but I tend to view sex like I view the human race: Does it really need to continue?

But, I'm calling it like I see it. I think about it, then I think about it some more, than I get tired of thinking about it, then I get tired and think about it again.

It's a thought. Having had it, I don't like it very much, but perhaps because of my previous relationship I view sex in a negative light, I don't know.

I think sex as a culture is incredibly childish. For everything that has a Rule 34, it only further confirms to me that sex is dead, it has become widespread to the internet, to film, and slowly, to videogames, but it has only done so little in the world.

A fine example of how sex is good, "Children Of Men", obviously. A fine example to show how much "fun" it is would be "Boogie Nights".

But altogether, I think about it, but I don't really want to have it, at least not mindlessly, anyway.

to quote the great Woody Allen,

"I believe in Sex and Death, two things that come once in a lifetime... but at least after death, you're not nauseous."

ReincarnatedFTP

Jun 13, 2009
It's not important at all, at least not at this point.
I see it as just a physical act and I leave how important it is up to other people.
Been dating someone for six months now, we haven't had sex yet, and IDK when we will. It's jut not a pressing issue.

Kortney

Nov 2, 2009
I plan on doing it a fair bit when I'm older. All people enjoy it.

Pirate Kitty said:
gamerguy473 said:
Pirate Kitty said:
I have sex just about everyday.

I don't know if it's important, but it's a fun way to express what words can't.

When you love your partner that much, you want to make them feel as good as you can, as often as you can :)
Everyday? Man you must have a pretty special relationship with spouse/girlfriend
Can't help it :p

Besides, what better way to spend your time than cuddles, kisses and love!
And a bloody time!