How is Bethesda going to handle Skyrim's expansions?

The Cheshire

May 10, 2011
DevonFahrner said:
The Cheshire said:
DevonFahrner said:
I've liked most about Skyrim, but only after 5 or so days of playing it, I've reached level 33.
If you reached 33 in five days, then may I suggest you relax your pace? I've been playing since two days before release (game reviewer, yay) and I'm level 24.

I bet the DLC will be good. Shivering Isles was a great expansion, a little too abusive on long dungeons, still a lot of fun, and very colourful.
That is something I've considered; perhaps I've been going through it to the point of burning myself out. It seems likely that taking a slower pace will allow the experience to be savored much more in the long run. Thank you for the suggestion.
I've found this is a very absorbing game, probably more than what is healthy. Hey, it's great, but it sucks you in to the point it can be counter-productive. First days, I played a lot to the point I was almost on auto-pilot, now I play less time and it's always more enjoyable.

DevonFahrner

Nov 22, 2011
innocentEX said:
It would be for the best if they just modified the world they have already created. Add some new stuff to skyrim. Maybe make the DLC activate only after certain events have transpired in game. A Thalmer invasion, a Forswarn Insurgency possibly even 'the Draugr walk' a zombie spin off :p

My point is if they just added to the world they already have, they could spend less time on world creation and more time on deep characters/plots/quests with a real impact on the world around you. The problem with Skyrim is that they haven't really added the whole 'real impact on the world around you' part to the main quest. And if they are going to do a DLC they should fix this, or add another questline which does.

On another note that needs fixing:
It seems the easiest way to fix the Dragon Invasion is to avoid it all together. Maybe if they do an Invasion of sorts make it so if the player does not act it continually gets worse leading to the destruction of the world around that. Would of been cool if they had made it that if you completely ignored the dragons for too long cities would fall under attack and people would have to form a resistance movement or be put to slaves for the dragons ala old time. It seems that if they did set the game in the old times of dragon oppression it would of been more interesting.

Maybe that would be a good expansion pack, fight the dragons or they take over the world, not just hunt mudcrabs.
That would definitely be a welcome edition. It does tend to feel a bit disjointed when everyone is saying that the end of the world is near but the dragons don't appear more often than in the beginnings of the game. It is very viable that going to the old times for an expansion would allow players to experience a true end-of-the-world scenario effectively, and could easily be tied into the plot with Gormlaith, Felldir, and Haakon.

Gottesstrafe

Oct 23, 2010
I wouldn't mind revisiting Morrowind. Wouldn't even have to be Vvardenfell either, it could just be part of the mainland that border Skyrim. The NPCs keep hinting at how crazy things are getting in Morrowind anyway, it's as good a segway as I can think of for DLC content.

Casper Andersen

Jun 21, 2010
russellin said:
Akavir definitely, read the books in game, monkey people, tiger people, snake people, a kingdom of demons and a tiger dragon!!! Awesome yes?
Akavir (and Atmora for that matter) is on the very very far horizon, if Bethesda even decides to make a game around it. Tamriel has always been at the heart of the Elder scrolls series and there are still four provinces we have yet to see anything from in game: Summerset Isles, Valenwood, Elsweyr and Black Marsh. And some that have only been featured partly, like High Rock and Morrowind.

But actually meeting some modern day inhabitants of Akivir and learning a bit more about the civilization there,that would be really cool. They have expanded a lot on it through the books in Skyrim, but I just wonder why the heck there have been no further contact with the continent?

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
some people on the PC version had no-clipped their way out of skyrim's boundries to find out that large parts of morrowind and Cyrodiil had been mapped, however the textures were minimal at best. this was after discovering a mountain pass that leads off the map and into Cyrodiil. so i would assume that those two will be playable at a later date.

Exius Xavarus

Casually hardcore. :}
May 19, 2010
I want M'aiq and his two weapons as a possible follower. Because M'aiq is by far my favorite Khajiit, if not favorite character in the game.

A little more realistically, I want actual specializations. Fire Mage, Frost Mage, Shock Mage, you get the idea. Something that augments further the way you upgraded your character. Hell, even for smiths, you could become a smith so skilled, you've developed methods of forging equipment that reduces the materials you need to create something. Something that makes your character a little more special, defines them as your own a little more, beyond the "general method of combat" that you can give to your character.

Kris015

Some kind of Monster
Feb 21, 2009
Mozza444 said:
Mozza444 said:
bobfish92 said:
Kris015 said:
... I'm level 47ish and one of my friends is over 54

Also; Falmer based DLC, calling it now.
I'm also level 47/48 don't slow down the pace.. i thought to do that but there is still so much to do!
When i'm bored with my stealth archer ill make a Nord Warrior and a pure mage.

I will never slow down.
Wait.. Why was I quoted here?

The Common Hours

Oct 13, 2010
Well, I remember reading an article on this site about how they want ALL of the DLC to be as big as Shivering Isles were for Oblivion.

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
russellin said:
Akavir definitely, read the books in game, monkey people, tiger people, snake people, a kingdom of demons and a tiger dragon!!! Awesome yes?
this. either DLC or a game with Akavir

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
Maybe visiting a part of Morrowind? I mean seeing as how Vvardenfell is destroyed I bet they could fit a bit of Morrowind in, as a Shivering Isles esque DLC, It would be great for those of us who didnt play Morrowind, to at least experience some of its world, also maybe giving a few more levels with a few more perks? Or an entirely new skill, which i have no idea what it would be.

Although I bet there will be DLC focusing on Paarthunax, that plot end is too good to pass up

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
ToastiestZombie said:
I think they would have learned from Oblivions and Fo3's expansions and do more stuff like Point Lookout and Shivering Isles. As in a world a quarter of the size of Skyrim with more characters, side quests and enemies. The perfect expansions would include one of the other regions of Tamriel with a bit cut out of them, like they hinted by putting in the land mass for Morrowind and Cyrodill in skyrim.
Along the same lines as this, I really hope they do a bit with the Redguard's homeland.

I liked the Arabian feel they gave them, and it would be interesting to see a stark contrast from Skyrim.

Thyunda

May 4, 2009
aksel said:
Akavir, anyone? It is after all also known as "Dragon Land"... We know nothing of it, and I would like to see it.
Read the in-game 'Mysterious Akavir'. It's like a constant war being fought over the monkey-people by tiger-people and snake-people.

Does that not sound like awesome?

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
I bet it will be something to do with the Thalmor. Every Imperial has been hinting at a second war with them and I will gladly fight them.

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
My god I just realized another great DLC idea (Well i think it is), What if i turned out you werent the only Dragonborn? There was another, and he seeks to dominate the Dragons, now that Alduin has been defeated? Pretty epic fight if you ask me, Dragonborn vs Dragonborn

aksel

Nov 18, 2009
Thyunda said:
I no rite???

What I mean is that we know nothing of what they look like. Though it is unlikely for a simple expansion, one can always hope.

Thyunda

May 4, 2009
aksel said:
Thyunda said:
I no rite???

What I mean is that we know nothing of what they look like. Though it is unlikely for a simple expansion, one can always hope.
We do know what they look like. Kind of. Mysterious Akavir did include descriptions. I can only assume the tiger-people are similar to Khajiit, but beefier, and the monkey people...well...monkey people.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Increase the soft cap gradually I imagine. If it's soft capped at 50, they'll reise it to 60, then 70, then 80 (or 81 if that's the max). That gives them room for 3 expansions, which I reckon will be more than enough for them until TES VI.

Deathmageddon

Nov 1, 2011
Psycho-Toaster said:
Dr Jones said:
I think a higher level cap is inevitable.
Not sure how well that would work out, considering it's based on skill increases. Unless they raised the cap for skills to 125 or something.
The true mathematical cap should be 81 instead of 50